Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

all new x-men's art sucks

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

it's like reading ARCHIE comics. i really hope they bring the previous artist back

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 49

I have no problem with changing things up on occasion. And saying it sucks is a bit much. Stylistically, it is different, but not bad overall. I'm sure Stuart is coming back. He's probably getting a head start on Battle of the Atom.

No Caption Provided

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its not bad. captain America is way worse. so is gambit. I actually really enjoy the all-new x-men art. but its really an opinion on art, i'd say even more than the writing

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

It's a different especially from the art work I love so much from issue 13 which was some of the best art work I've seen. I do prefer the previous art work as well but like knighthood said saying that it sucks is way too much there's been previous art work from other artist that have been far worse. This is just to change things up for a bit.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#5  Edited By oldnightcrawler

it's like reading ARCHIE comics. i really hope they bring the previous artist back

haha.. it's funny that you say that; that's usually what I tell people Stan Lee's original X-men were like. Not because of the art, but in the way he wrote teenager characters for pre-teens; they don't act like actual teenagers much at all, they act more like the Archies.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

I think it' s just for one issue.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It was horrible!! It actually made it hard to read. I hope this artist is gone soon because this art does really suck. No way around that. Bad call with this artist right now.

Aegrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Aegrus

@kriminal said:

its not bad. captain America is way worse. so is gambit. I actually really enjoy the all-new x-men art. but its really an opinion on art, i'd say even more than the writing

Whoa, no one is allowed to speak ill of Captain America, that title is amazing right now.

The All New art did not merit its 3.99 price point this month and I'll leave it at that.

Why is Gambit even a series...

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aegrus said:
    @kriminal said:

Whoa, no one is allowed to speak ill of Captain America, that title is amazing right now.

The All New art did not merit its 3.99 price point this month and I'll leave it at that.

Why is Gambit even a series...

captain America is my favorite title out right now, just don't like the art. gambit is getting canceled but the first 10 issues or so were good.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tomasmaclgh

@kriminal: Mann's art in Gambit has been amazing. I think there were a two more artists that did a couple issues that I didn't dislike. Sucks it got cancelled.
    The ONLY selling point for me with Captain America would be the art.

The art for ANXM 15 was kinda "childish", but so was the issue. Wasn't a strong issue, but the art went pretty well with the story.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

If you're reading ANXM and complaining about the art. Your priorities are screwed.

Not skewed, screwed.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

A bad book gets bad artists.

broo1232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 180

User Lists: 45

Stuart Immonen will always be the best on it.

Dayvid3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I kind of like it for a little while. I'm not sure how they managed to make rachel and minijean look like hobbits when they meet

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

@dayvid3 said:

I kind of like it for a little while. I'm not sure how they managed to make rachel and minijean look like hobbits when they meet

they're shot slightly from above, against a warped background that looks normal from that angle.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

ok i got my comics via subscription atm and so i get them way late, i just got this comic yesterday and i got to agree i wasn't very happy with this art choice, it fit the comics light tone but i hope its not the start of a trend

GhostRider88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not in my opinion, I truly don't have a problem with it. Now if it were Grant Morrison's New X-Men from 2001, I'd be supporting your claim but don't get me wrong, I dont think the artwork has been especially great either. It's just not bad or bothersome for my taste.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, art on grant morrison's run was bad but burning world art was WORST. all new x-men art is now, ok =)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.