All-New X-Men original timeline

#1 Posted by Vec (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I have been reading the original X-Men comic books and I think beast went back and got them sometime before issue 39 (where they got new costumes)

#2 Posted by Veitha (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vec said:

I have been reading the original X-Men comic books and I think beast went back and got them sometime before issue 39 (where they got new costumes)

Kitty said in the last issue that they've been X-Men just for a few weeks and that they've fought only Magneto, so Hank got them just after the first issues

#3 Posted by judasnixon (5441 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vec@Veitha: I think it was issue #8 of the original X-Men....
#4 Posted by Vec (53 posts) - - Show Bio

@Veitha I think kitty was exaggerating, and that young bobby was talking about fighting the older magneto. I'm on issue 30 and have not once read that beast wanted to or was even thinking about quoting the x-men. However cyclops seems to think about quitting in every other issue. @judasnixon what in issue 8 calls out to you?

#5 Posted by danhimself (21903 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon said:

@Vec: @Veitha: I think it was issue #8 of the original X-Men....

this...it's right after Beast is attacked by a mob for saving a boy and comes back stating that he's going to quit the X-men

#6 Posted by G-Man (29414 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: Yeah, it was issue 8. I mentioned in the review for issue 1.

http://www.comicvine.com/all-new-x-men-/37-367691/staff-review/

I wish Bendis would have used the same exact dialogue.

Staff
#7 Posted by Vec (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Went back and read issue 8, but it doesn't seem like jean and Scott got together until mug later.

#8 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@G-Man said:

@judasnixon: Yeah, it was issue 8. I mentioned in the review for issue 1.

http://www.comicvine.com/all-new-x-men-/37-367691/staff-review/

I wish Bendis would have used the same exact dialogue.

That Bendis didn't use the same dialogue means that the Beast didn't go back to his own past. This ^ is what the 616 X-men actually said in the X-men #8. What the young X-men say in All New X-men #1 is different, therefore they must be in a parallel universe. It's the only possibility.

#9 Edited by Teerack (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: This is actually an example of Brain Michel Bendis.

What I don't get is they are acting as if the young x-men will affect the present retroactively which has never happened EVER in all the many marvel time travel stories.

#10 Posted by dangallant984 (1282 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: and it won't happen this time either, watch.

#11 Edited by Teerack (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

@dangallant984: Idk I could see like the last issue of All New X-Men do something crazy considering the writer. Like they go back in time and poof everything changes and suddenly Jean alive and married to Logan or something.

#12 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Are there letters next to your avatar? Not that I can look away long...enough... to read...huh, what did you say? What are we talking about?

#13 Posted by Teerack (4548 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: You're embarrassing me! o///o

#14 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack: Huh? What did ya say?

#15 Posted by Avenger85 (1509 posts) - - Show Bio

@chasereis: The letters next to his avatar are B.O.O.B.S.

#16 Posted by chasereis (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenger85: Oh ok. Glad I had some translation there. All I could see is a letter T then an I then a T then a S, but I couldn't follow anything past that. I felt like someone was giggle-slapping me about my head and shoulders which distracted me from his text. Thanks for the assist.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.