All New X-Men line up

• 56 results
#1 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking rather aggressive, here is the All New X-Men line up. The Original 5, Kitty (and Lockheed), Beast, Storm, Wolverine and Iceman. My best guess for the woman off to the side in the red dress would be Rachel, but her hair doesn't look too red, so I'm stumped, but Rach is my best guess. Plus the dress is rather reminiscent and seems to be a variation of Jean's iconic green Marvel Girl outfit. But I think I'm just looking too much into it. Any guesses?

So what do y'all think of the line-up? I quite like it, but I'm still wondering about the sharing of code names between past and future members. Noticeably absent are big names like Emma and Scott, so I don't think their futures are too bright given what's happen in AvX.

#2 Posted by lorex (954 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yea another X-Men book with Wolverine in it.

#3 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Bendis writing Storm again ? I'll take a major pass on that one.

Sorry not sorry.

But i don't wanna be too negative about it, so i'll say the art's kinda nice, don't like how everyone's full of rage and everything, especially the O5, they're from the 60's...aren't they supposed to be naive and quirky ? LOL. Also, yeah, another book that has Wolverine on it, another pass for me. This is getting really tiring, you'd think they'd quit with this schtick.

#4 Edited by Rickbarry (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll post here what I posted in another thread. Two Icemen, Two Beast and arguably two Jean Grey's. This has to be the least diverse team ever created in the history of Marvel. May god have mercy on your soul, Bendis.

#5 Posted by PhoenixoftheTides (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe that's Dazzler off to the far right. /is extremely unimpressed by the lineup

#6 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1008 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad. I thought modern Cyclopsmy e on the team since there was mention in interviews about his reaction to old Jean.

#7 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Lockheed should be team leader.

#8 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

So another comic withe Wolverine? He will probably be the leader aswell it's like Marvel thought "hey you know if we get rid of the current Cyclops we can make Wolverine the leader of the entire mutant race!"

Why did Uncanny get cancelled for this? From the looks of it we won't be seeing much of Betsy or Mags just so Wolverine, Kitty, Bobby and Hank can appeaer in another comic. How they'll manage to be teachers, X-men and Avenger (Wolverine/Beast) is beyond me.

The only positive aspect of this for me is that we will get to see a Jean/Scott relationship without all the Madelyne/Wolverine/Phoenix drama. If we don't then I definitely won't be reading this series.

#9 Edited by time (5004 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure what to think yet.

Two Iceman's

Two Beasts

And

Those lame Original costumes again. I hope Jean Grey gets a make over soon. Where is Psylocke & Magneto. I wonder what role Chuck would play in this.

Who is the girl in red? Rachel Grey ?

#10 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the second parts the Wolverine and the X-men roster.

#11 Posted by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm stoked for this title. I'm getting this when it comes out.

Does anyone know if this is bi-monthly or just double shipping?? Two issues come out in November.

#12 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@PhoenixoftheTides: It's Rachel.

LOL NVM. Bendis just said it's (apparently) not.

#13 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the team of old X-Men they want to use, absoloutely hate the writer.....

Besides 11 characters isn't going to work well. I'll give it a try, but I'm not holding my breath. If anything All I can hope is it survives 10 issues before getting a good writer on board. Otherwise this is just Marvels way of nailing the coffin in the X-Men's grave.

#14 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2: awww. somebody is sad their character isnt getting attention. whoa whoa whoa. cry me a river.

#15 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Osian2 said:

So another comic withe Wolverine? He will probably be the leader aswell it's like Marvel thought "hey you know if we get rid of the current Cyclops we can make Wolverine the leader of the entire mutant race!"

Why did Uncanny get cancelled for this? From the looks of it we won't be seeing much of Betsy or Mags just so Wolverine, Kitty, Bobby and Hank can appeaer in another comic. How they'll manage to be teachers, X-men and Avenger (Wolverine/Beast) is beyond me.

The only positive aspect of this for me is that we will get to see a Jean/Scott relationship without all the Madelyne/Wolverine/Phoenix drama. If we don't then I definitely won't be reading this series.

Betsy's still got Adjectiveless X-Men and Uncanny X-Force, both are doing her wonders. She doesn't really need Bendis.

#16 Posted by fojtikbt (94 posts) - - Show Bio

This series looks awesome. I love the line-up, especially with the original X-Men coming back. Their costumes are retro, and I think that they will add a new dynamic to the confusing current mythology of the X-Men.

#17 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5875 posts) - - Show Bio

If these covers are true, then what will become of the series "Wolverine and the X-Men?"

#18 Posted by Joygirl (19934 posts) - - Show Bio

20% Storm = too much Storm

#19 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

20% Storm = too much Storm

Bendis is writing this, though. For all you know, there could be 0% Storm.

#20 Posted by papad1992 (6829 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I think Lockheed should be team leader.

Haha... it's about time! Almost 30 years of existence and not once has he been leader!

#21 Posted by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, no thanks. Totally soured on Beast and Wolverine, and to a lesser extent, Kitty by AvX.

#22 Posted by Rickbarry (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully there are other titles coming down the pipe. If not, I don't mind tossing my money for Iron Man over some of these god awful X-titles. I prefer Gillen with Stark over everything Marvel Now is teasing thusfar.

#23 Posted by Dman1366 (604 posts) - - Show Bio

@broo1232 said:

I think the second parts the Wolverine and the X-men roster.

this

#24 Posted by Silver_Raven (351 posts) - - Show Bio

What if the girl on the right is Hope. She doesn't have the face tattoos so who else looks like Rachel...

And i am also opposed to everything about the original 5 coming to the future. How can the time line not be affected when the team is going to see their future selves. Young Jean especially is going to be affected knowing she is going to die and become the Phoenix. I hate this premise so much! Why couldn't they use lessor known characters who have have no history.

#25 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6869 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rabbitearsblog: That's what I'm thinking man.
#26 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

The lady in red is actually lost, she was visiting her friend Amy in upstate New York when these mutants decided to pose for a class photo.

#27 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker: Uh my fav character is Cyclops who right now is at the center of AvX and O5 Cyke will probably get a lot of attention in "All New" so I don't know what you mean =/

#28 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

i was going to write a huge rant about this but its not even worth it.

not impressed

#29 Posted by Rickbarry (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

not impressed

Rant! -Prods with a stick.-

#30 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

not impressed

I do wish to here the rants of the Rasputin fans. Rant away.

#31 Posted by Rickbarry (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh and also is it just me or do these two teams have the least 'edge' of all time? Most are self-righteous bores.

#32 Posted by Jake Fury (18617 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm...pass.

#33 Posted by punkpuppy3 (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Really ANOTHER book with Wolverine?! Doesn't he get tired of being on like 5 or 6 teams?

#34 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry said:

Oh and also is it just me or do these two teams have the least 'edge' of all time? Most are self-righteous bores.

Ice Man- Meh not really

Storm- You know I love her, but yes she can be self righteous, but for me no she is not a bore, but Comicvine dislikes and hates her so I'm sure I will be reading a couple of pages of Storm attacks.

Wolverine- He is these days.

Rachel- Can't say much about her. I am indifferent

Beast- I don't think he is boring, but he is self-righteous, but when it came to the X-Men I agreed with him and Storm both

Kitty- Neither really, maybe alittle self righteous sometimes, but not that often.

Lockhead- Not boring or self-righteous

#35 Posted by Rickbarry (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Ice Man- Meh not really

Storm- You know I love her, but yes she can be self righteous, but for me no she is not a bore, but Comicvine dislikes and hates her so I'm sure I will be reading a couple of pages of Storm attacks.

Beast- I don't think he is boring, but he is self-righteous, but when it came to the X-Men I agreed with him and Storm both

Kitty- Neither really, maybe alittle self righteous sometimes, but not that often.

I really wasn't slamming Storm. She might be self-righteous, but I don't consider her boring. I do tend to tune out whenever Bobby, Kitty, Wolverine, Beast. Doppleganger Scott will likely be just as annoying as the others listed in this book. I'm also curious as to why Lockheed doesn't grow. Why isn't he enormous?!

#36 Posted by NeoAndroid (173 posts) - - Show Bio

When was Jean resurrected?

#37 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeoAndroid said:

When was Jean resurrected?

She hasn't been yet, but an alt time line team of the orginal X-Men are coming to the MU. Yep it is as stupis as it sounds

@Rickbarry said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Rickbarry said:

Ice Man- Meh not really

I really wasn't slamming Storm. She might be self-righteous, but I don't consider her boring. I do tend to tune out whenever Bobby, Kitty, Wolverine, Beast. Doppleganger Scott will likely be just as annoying as the others listed in this book. I'm also curious as to why Lockheed doesn't grow. Why isn't he enormous?!

Lockhead is an alien I think so maybe that is just natural for him. As for Storm that isn't you. You are always respectful and I appreciate that you can have an opinion without being a d!ck and have an intellectual conversation with people who don't share your same favorite characters, because some people around here are unable to do either.

Needless to say your certainly one of my favorite people around here.

#38 Posted by IllyanaRasputin (1116 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Rickbarry said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

not impressed

WELL. I don't usually rant nor do I usually have negative things to say anywhere on these forums, but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I smiled as I said that.

Anyway. I am not looking forward to this at all, first and formost, you just ruined Uncanny X-Men by cancelling the first volume, it went on for years and there was NO reason whatsoever to cancel the first volume ESPECIALLY to start a new volume only to cancel that right off the bat. I'm not going to lie I enjoy the AvX story arc. Sure they could have EASILY written it and handled it a lot better, since this event the mutant race is back to square 0 because now they're seen as the Big Bad globally once again. Smh. Poor Professor X and his waste of time.

Marvel NOW... i don't even know why I capitalize that. Any who Bendis and his All New X-Men, why? I personally do not like him as a writer or a character developer and his story arcs. I'm not looking forward to reading another book about Wolverine, do I like him yes do I like him in almost EVERY single X-Book no I do not. Which is probably a reason I enjoy reading the current "X-Men" book that revolves around Storm, Pixie, Domino and Colossus. BACK to Bendis and his All New X-Men. I'm not really looking forward to him writing Storm, nor am I really looking forward to him writing Kitty. I'm not looking forward to have Jean Grey come back as a child because if she in anyway is over powered again I will not buy a book with her in it. Why on EARTH are you bringing back characters from the past when you have a HUGE roster of mutants in the present? It's a waste, do not create characters that people enjoy to read about then make them back up characters at Wolverine's school or background characters who walk around Utopia. I enjoy the original X-Men as much as the next people do, but it's time for a change, mix characters up, begin to write more students in, stop using Wolverine in every X-Title. I don't need to see two Iceman and Beasts running around. I already get a headache with ONE Beast these days I don't need two. And speaking of Beast I don't want him in an X-Title he's already in WATX I don't want to see him in this one. He can stay with his Avengers and the school.

Anyway I'm done ranting... I only decided to do this because if I ranted towards my friends they'd look at me if I were talking to them in Latin.

#39 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@IllyanaRasputin said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Rickbarry said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

not impressed

WELL. I don't usually rant nor do I usually have negative things to say anywhere on these forums, but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I smiled as I said that.

Anyway. I am not looking forward to this at all, first and formost, you just ruined Uncanny X-Men by cancelling the first volume, it went on for years and there was NO reason whatsoever to cancel the first volume ESPECIALLY to start a new volume only to cancel that right off the bat. I'm not going to lie I enjoy the AvX story arc. Sure they could have EASILY written it and handled it a lot better, since this event the mutant race is back to square 0 because now they're seen as the Big Bad globally once again. Smh. Poor Professor X and his waste of time.

Marvel NOW... i don't even know why I capitalize that. Any who Bendis and his All New X-Men, why? I personally do not like him as a writer or a character developer and his story arcs. I'm not looking forward to reading another book about Wolverine, do I like him yes do I like him in almost EVERY single X-Book no I do not. Which is probably a reason I enjoy reading the current "X-Men" book that revolves around Storm, Pixie, Domino and Colossus. BACK to Bendis and his All New X-Men. I'm not really looking forward to him writing Storm, nor am I really looking forward to him writing Kitty. I'm not looking forward to have Jean Grey come back as a child because if she in anyway is over powered again I will not buy a book with her in it. Why on EARTH are you bringing back characters from the past when you have a HUGE roster of mutants in the present? It's a waste, do not create characters that people enjoy to read about then make them back up characters at Wolverine's school or background characters who walk around Utopia. I enjoy the original X-Men as much as the next people do, but it's time for a change, mix characters up, begin to write more students in, stop using Wolverine in every X-Title. I don't need to see two Iceman and Beasts running around. I already get a headache with ONE Beast these days I don't need two. And speaking of Beast I don't want him in an X-Title he's already in WATX I don't want to see him in this one. He can stay with his Avengers and the school.

Anyway I'm done ranting... I only decided to do this because if I ranted towards my friends they'd look at me if I were talking to them in Latin.

You should rant more often, because this strikes the nail with a hammer.

#40 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping Sunfire was going to return.

#41 Edited by allthatsgeek (127 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

The lady in red is actually lost, she was visiting her friend Amy in upstate New York when these mutants decided to pose for a class photo.

First Photobomb in a comic book?

#42 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@allthatsgeek: Essentially or Bobby's date.

Bawwwbaay, we're going to be late to the show, Bawwwbaay you promised!

#43 Posted by Hareil0079 (429 posts) - - Show Bio

The covers feel like it still connects to another.

#44 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the modern team has promise, a nice mix of characters and a small enough team to not leave some languishing in the background.

I hope all the other books bring back the smaller, set rosters and not the army in every book we have seen over the past 5 years

#45 Posted by Genki_Sudo (55 posts) - - Show Bio

For a team that has Cyclops, two Icemans, Rach and Storm I'm still not picking this up

#46 Edited by chiq (1962 posts) - - Show Bio

yawn...pass. You have two icemen and two beasts plus you have a lot of the same cast in the WATXM book. Logan in another book? Uncanny was marvel's top seller w/o wolverine in it. I have no idea what marvel is trying to do...cancelling uncanny x-men for this?

#47 Posted by poisonfleur (3041 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

Yeah, Bendis writing Storm again ? I'll take a major pass on that one.

Sorry not sorry.

But i don't wanna be too negative about it, so i'll say the art's kinda nice, don't like how everyone's full of rage and everything, especially the O5, they're from the 60's...aren't they supposed to be naive and quirky ? LOL. Also, yeah, another book that has Wolverine on it, another pass for me. This is getting really tiring, you'd think they'd quit with this schtick.

UGH-- Remember the last time he wrote Storm!!!??

She was foaming at the mouth!! D=

Let's hope he read ALL the reviews & redeems himself.

Storm is BOSS!

Okay?

Okay!

#48 Edited by tomchu (522 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that is Kitty? I don't remember her being blonde...

Furthermore, I believe the team on the right is the WaTX roster, because SPOILER the solicits say that Storm joins the school, and so you have Kitty (unless that is Husk, which makes more sense since she's blonde), Iceman, Beast, Storm, Rachel Summers and Wolverine.

#49 Posted by poisonfleur (3041 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Rickbarry said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

not impressed

You should rant more often, because this strikes the nail with a hammer.

I second that^ Tell em!!

#50 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33367 posts) - - Show Bio

Bendis + Wolverine = Do Not Want

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.