All-New X-Men

#1 Posted by Dman1366 (547 posts) - - Show Bio

Will anyone actually get this? After some thought, I think it is better if I boycott the book. Hopefully bad sales will drive Bendis away from the X-Men

#2 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think I will be reading this because I'm thinking to myself about what's the point of having the original X-Men come back to the future to fix things when they could have done this with the current X-Men. This just smells like a reboot to me even if Marvel insists it's not.

#3 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7264 posts) - - Show Bio

Really not a fan of Bendis' team-book work, 9/10 it's terrible, though, with this All New X-Men coming up and the recent (somewhat enticing) interview, i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. That being said, even though i was righteously complaining upon hearing the news that Bendis would have his own X-Book (it being the flagship no less), i will still pick up the first issue to see how things are, if i like it, i'll carry on, if it's exactly what i expected from Bendis, LOL bye.

And if the latter happens, i will force people not to buy the book, too.

#4 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio

I read a recent interview with him on Newsarama and I'm probably not going to read. I just can't stand the dude's writing.

#5 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Negative, soldier. I'm boycotting this book as Bendis loves himself far too much. He needs a serving of humble pie.

#6 Posted by Skaddix (3112 posts) - - Show Bio

Its going to fail. Boycott will not help it certainly did not get Fraction off of Uncanny or Land for that matter.

#7 Posted by zexion_armando (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I might. I have yet to start picking up an X book since I restarted my comic love (wolverine killed a lot of my X love lol) and was thinking of trying out Uncanny in the mean time.

#8 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to see what o5 jean makes of the current marvel U so I'll give it a shot. She may be the only reason this book sells at all so he better not f... up.

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: What interview?

#10 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@AgeofHurricane: What interview?

"Brian Michael Bendis: Yes, but the whole time I've been at Marvel, there's been someone steering the ship in a pretty fantastic way. When I took Avengers, I certainly saw the importance of a strong statement about the book. My friends and colleagues and people who I admire who have done well on the X-Men, or any book really, have come with a very strong statement. I wanted to make sure when the time came, that I had a strong position, something hopefully intriguing to fans and to people who hate me. [Laughs.] It's a little different from other writers who have come into X-Men. Like when Ed [Brubaker] joined X-Men, he had never written the X-Men, or Matt [Fraction], or Grant Morrison — they had done so pretty cold. Whereas over the course of my time at Marvel — House of M alone — I decimated the X-Men, I brought Wolverine's memories back. I've done a lot of big things in the X-universe without ever writing a technical "X-book." Avengers vs. X-Men, and some other things I've been involved in, have affected the X-Men in a great, powerful way, which I'm proud of — but that does mean that I'm coming into the X-Men with some notoriousness attached. "That's the guy who decimated the X-Men!" Some people weren't reading House of M but were reading X-Men — all of a sudden they opened up a book and [mutants] were down to 200. "Who did this? That guy!" I know that there's a bit of X-Men fans who see me coming and are nervous, and also I'm known for murdering characters — even though that's not fair. So I know I'm coming into it with quite a reputation. But on the flipside I'm coming to the X-verse, which is known across the comicsphere as the most dedicated fans, the loudest fans. So I'm diving in head first, whereas with Avengers I wasn't prepared. [Laughs.] But I am now. On some level."

I got you bro.

#11 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I already found it. I've been reading for the past 15 minutes lol.

#12 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Well now no one else has to find it. YAY I'm helpful!

#13 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I heard there was another interview where he spoiled how both Cyclops and Wolverine will react to new Jean Grey. I'm still looking for that one.

#14 Posted by SoA (4699 posts) - - Show Bio

im dropping marvel as soon as the NOW crap sets in.

#15 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: Oooh I havn't heard about that one. If you find it post a link. I basically want to know what is going on in this book without reading it. I may still give it an arc, but I despise Bendis.

#16 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: I think I got the info from theannihilator's blog on his death theory. Quoted from his blog, but I have yet to see the interview.

People think that the Cyclops from the Marvel Now promo image is the 1960's Cyclops, but if that's so why is he wearing a new (horrible) costume while Jean Grey isn't? Plus Bendis said something about Cyclops and Wolverine's reaction to seeing Jean again in an interview, which he very well could have said just to avoid spoiling the finale.
#17 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@Blood1991: I think I got the info from theannihilator's blog on his death theory. Quoted from his blog, but I have yet to see the interview.

People think that the Cyclops from the Marvel Now promo image is the 1960's Cyclops, but if that's so why is he wearing a new (horrible) costume while Jean Grey isn't? Plus Bendis said something about Cyclops and Wolverine's reaction to seeing Jean again in an interview, which he very well could have said just to avoid spoiling the finale.

Fasinating. I'm sure something will come up soon enough.

#18 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll give it a try.

#19 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

........Probably

#20 Posted by Madame_Mist (1325 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually looking forward to this one.

#21 Posted by pandaman1972011 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

As far as I'm concerned The only Marvel titles I'm buying Are Journey into Mystery and Wolverine and the X-men and the Defenders, The first two in trade and the Defenders each month. I read all marvel titles but they are the only ones I get. Now I will read the new Title and if it is good buy the hardbound.

#22 Posted by Osian2 (455 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll read the previews/reviews online first. Knowing that Bendis is bringing the O5 to the future and that they will be the focus is just a terrible idea in my opinion. 4 Dopplegangers (all of which will be worse versions of the characters that are still around) and Jean Grey before she has even met anyone is just stupid. Why don't they just bring the current Jean Grey back?

#23 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

I still dont get how bringing them into the future is gonna fix anything it might make things worse.

oh and to answer the question, no, I heard hes gonna take the 05 and bring them to Wolverine's side

#24 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant God said:

I still dont get how bringing them into the future is gonna fix anything it might make things worse.

oh and to answer the question, no, I heard hes gonna take the 05 and bring them to Wolverine's side

Aw man!  When are the X-Men ever going to be reunited again?
#25 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6116 posts) - - Show Bio

MORE X-Men books... Just what we need. I'm tired of all these Avengers and XMEn books marvel has Half of Marvel books are either XMEn and Avengers. Why can't marvel just have one or two Avengers and Xmen books?

#26 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@MadeinBangladesh said:
MORE X-Men books... Just what we need. I'm tired of all these Avengers and XMEn books marvel has Half of Marvel books are either XMEn and Avengers. Why can't marvel just have one or two Avengers and Xmen books?
I agree. Marvel really needs to cut back on all of these X-Men and Avengers books. There doesn't need to be a thousand Avengers and X-Men books around the Marvel Universe.
#27 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:
I agree. Marvel really needs to cut back on all of these X-Men and Avengers books. There doesn't need to be a thousand Avengers and X-Men books around the Marvel Universe.

Well actually they are cutting Uncanny X-Men, New Mutants, X-men Legacy, and X-Men

#28 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5772 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mutant God said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@MadeinBangladesh said:

Well actually they are cutting Uncanny X-Men, New Mutants, X-men Legacy, and X-Men

So, what will become of the characters in those books? I know that Rogue is going to join the Avengers, but I'm not sure about the other characters.
#29 Posted by John Valentine (16270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God said:

X-Men. Vol 3 is being cut?

#30 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@Mutant God said:

X-Men. Vol 3 is being cut?

What!? I need some proof because they have solicits for issues coming out in October.

#31 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: @Blood1991: We'll know more in the next couple of weeks. If there are no solicits in November it's a goner as most titles are ending in October. It's the weakest in sales, but if sales mattered they wouldn't be canceling Legacy or Uncanny.

#32 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: I thought I read somewhere that it was doing better than Legacy in sales?

#33 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: It might be doing better currently, but the guy that had it last time ran the thing into the ground. The may sales projections were competitive with Legacy, but sold less. This definitely is a more recognizable and popular group of mutants. So it should get a bump in june/july when Wood took over.

#34 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: Thats what I was thinking. When I first started reading it I was pretty sure it wouldn't last, but Wood has made it one of my favorite tiltes out right now.

#35 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mutant God: Where's the sources for your information? You're saying a lot of big things with no sources to back it up.

And if the series are being cancelled, they'll most likely be brought back like Fantastic Four, Captain America, Thor, etc.

With the likely exception of Uncanny X-Men.

#36 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

And everyone, please do O5 instead of 05. Yes, it makes a difference.

#37 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAnnihilator: 2005? Wait what?!

#38 Posted by TheAnnihilator (1056 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rickbarry: No. People are saying 05, as in zero and five, to say original five, instead of O5, "o" and five.

#39 Posted by Mutant God (3020 posts) - - Show Bio

I assuming because Bendis and Marvel care more about money and sales hes trying to cash in on wolverine's side and anyone on the blue side wont be mention

#40 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll wait unitl someone uploads it on youtube

#41 Posted by cc1738 (358 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of all the Marvel Now titles announced, this is the one that I'm most excited for. I can't wait for it to be released. A close second is Uncanny Avengers.

#42 Posted by Nightcrawler23 (775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Madame_Mist said:

Me too, it's nice to have some teens in X-comics that aren't completely psychotic. Not that Gen Hope isn't awesome. It's just that they're all psychotic. Except for maybe Gabriel.

#43 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2313 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nightcrawler23 said:

@Madame_Mist said:

Me too, it's nice to have some teens in X-comics that aren't completely psychotic. Not that Gen Hope isn't awesome. It's just that they're all psychotic. Except for maybe Gabriel.

It's probably the only title in the marvel now lineup i even have an interest in XD I'm not an avengers fan lol

#44 Posted by sj_esposito (457 posts) - - Show Bio

Yikes.. So much hate.

I will definitely be picking the book up, for many reasons. Mainly because I'm huge fan of the original five and time-travel stories, but also because I've been waiting to see a non-furry Beast and a Cyclops that's not a totally douche for way too long now (haven't gotten this since Ultimate X-Men was good). I'm really pumped for this book.

And I know it seems like this is going to be a reboot and that it's going to be so bad, but, honestly, it looks 100 times better than The New 52. From what we've seen so far, I believe Marvel can do the relaunch thing the right way and not make all the terrible mistakes that DC did.

#45 Posted by God_Spawn (37355 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not picking it up....in the beginning. Generally, I am somewhat excited for the book. I don't mind the concept and due to reading some of the interviews I am pleased to see that some of my faves will still be around after AvX to see how they react to Jean being back. But I don't have faith in Bendis on team books anymore. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though, he does write teenage characters decently well. Maybe with a fresh start and if I hear good things of say the first 2-3 issues then I'll give it a shot.

#46 Posted by MrArrogant (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really looking forward to it myself, Bendis can be a really great writer when he has interest in the book (like the fantastic ultimate comics spider-man) and from the sounds of his newsarama interview he's really passionate about this book. I also want to see where Bendis goes from this book, as his mirrored this run to that of his avengers one where it eventually splintered off into many different books so I'm excited to be at the start of something potentially huge. Even if it fails I still and wolverine and the x-men to read though so no big loss anyway.

#47 Posted by Umbraa (915 posts) - - Show Bio

How Do you boycott a book before you have read it? The same was said about ultimate spiderman. It's easily one of the best books put out by Marvel. The o5 should be right in his wheel house. Jmo

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.