Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

All new x-men 37

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I love this issue. very laid back but not boring. The art is great! I love emma in this issue. Clearly, she does have a heart of a teacher. I think she is way better than prof x. Now we know why xorn jean bacame so powerful and skillful. Because of her great teacher!

Marvel's covers sucks. very deceiving or doesn't even have anything to do with the content.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was with you up until the "way better then prof x" line....I'm not touching that one.

At this point covers in X-books are just there to show off artwork as apposed to anything a cover should normal contribute to the comic experience. Except Amazing X-Men.... Strangely its on task...

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I can't wait to read it!

DaymarePrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read it in the comic shop. It was decent, and Bendis always kills the interpersonal, dialogue heavy issues. I really liked the artwork but knowing this was originally a Pichelli intended issue I could not help but imagine how amazing this whole thing would have looked.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

seemed kinda boring to me

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Uh, I loved it. I agree with you about the better teacher thing @darthphoenix , Xavier's been the first, but Emma's been more efficient, and she got the balls to admit what she does. For Xavier, I wonder wheter if he put his students or his own fears/beliefs before, also considering the Malloy stuff.

Now I want to see more Jean/Emma lol

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

Uh, I loved it. I agree with you about the better teacher thing @darthphoenix , Xavier's been the first, but Emma's been more efficient, and she got the balls to admit what she does. For Xavier, I wonder wheter if he put his students or his own fears/beliefs before, also considering the Malloy stuff.

too late, anxm and uncanny are ending

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha said:

too late, anxm and uncanny are ending

yeah, I know :/ now that I started appreciating his Emma

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@veitha:

Me too, i hope this friendship continues with Present Jean Grey.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nothing was funny.....it was alot of dry spots....and the same old story of jean grey holding back and scared of killing her friends. .....also emma saying that she would kill jean if it was true

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all new x-men is like a giant tease of how strong jean grey really is and how she is >>>prof x, emma etc had she not been held back originally by prof x and not afraid of losing control, this issue furthers that point. Its sad though that it will just remain as a tease because we wont actually get to see adult jean portrayed that way without any mention of the phoenix. The closest we got was in new x-men when she was finally accepting her powers for what they are, but even that had the phoenix mixed in with it somehow and makes people uncertain if it was her own powers or the phoenix that made her so strong. I just wish we could see a fully realized jean grey without any phoenix involvement.

Btw, is ANXM really ending? I thought bendis is leaving but that doesnt mean the end of ANXM does it?

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By darthphoenix

we already had a glimpse of what she could do without even tapping on the Phoenix power. She is more powerful than an actual phoenix host. This was seen in Bota. Xorn Jean!

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we already had a glimpse of what she could do without even tapping on the Phoenix power. She is more powerful than an actual phoenix host. This was seen in Bota. Xorn Jean!

she was cray cray though LOL and she exploded >.< and its just 1-2 issues. I meant something more like how shaman nate was, if you catch my drift :p

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By EC2277
    @marvelfan1992 said:

[…]

Btw, is ANXM really ending? I thought bendis is leaving but that doesnt mean the end of ANXM does it?

Yes, both All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men will end in May. But Teen Jean appear in the cover of Secret Wars 1, so it is possible that the Original 5 will remain in the present.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think xorn was crazy. she just wanted to send o5 back in time to fix the future where she came from. i just realized that the brotherhood should have gone back to the time when beast was about to get the o5 from the past. it could have been better for them.

the o5 will remain in the present if marvel does not kill them in secret wars and replace them with inhumans

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma blaming jeans inexperience as the cause of her loss of control, conveniently does not mention her part in it.

Emma forgetting that she has lost 90% of her battles with any Jean Grey.

After dealing with gladiator, Jean has trouble with the blob.

Jean already knew she had tp, and was trained by Xavier before he shut it off.

Emma frost powers.

Though, I kinda liked it, but not like like it. Meh

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Epyon007

I liked the Chapter. Was surprised to see Emma have good functionality of her psychic powers back. Too bad they couldn't do a chapter of uncanny about her retraining with the cuckoos. Instead Bendis spends aeons trying to read a will.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:
    @marvelfan1992 said:

[…]

Yes, both All New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men will end in May. But Teen Jean appear in the cover of Secret Wars 1, so it is possible that the Original 5 will remain in the present.

in may????? i thought it was april

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EC2277

@hopesummersforthefuture: Your are right, I remembered bad. But if Bendis said the truth (for the first time in his run), Uncanny X-Men 600 will be the end of the plots started in All New X-Men and in Uncanny X-Men. So I consider erroneously May as the end of both the titles, even if technically All New X-Men will end in April.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@darthphoenix:

I agreed with cover but i kind liked Miss Marvel´s Easter Egg.

I am big fan of Emma Frost and Jean Grey´s friendship

Also liked how Jean Grey mentioned how Magik dislike using her powers like she was car.

I wish that Magik could be more presente on story.

But it was 6/10

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#21  Edited By Teerack

I'm so happy Emma's powers are fixed. :)

The art was awesome and pretty much everything about it was great. Both Emma and Jean needed this.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually really liked this issue. It's what ALL the filler chapters of uxm should have been. Filler being issues not related with the revolution, which SHOULD have been the focus

Teachers taking one or some of the ANXM or Scott's recruits and training them. Only downside was Emma's recovery being hand waved away with off-panel cuckoos help

The biggest thing I liked though was that Scott was not mentioned or referenced once, and I say that as a big cyclops fan.

A big issue with both Emma and jean has been how so much of their characters ties into his. It was really nice seeing it just about the two of them and the "you stole my future husband" / "our relationship was always in your shadow" drama not coming up at all

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great issue.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@del_torro: All true. But many will choose to blind and just straight ignore those points.

I'd say the issue was OK but really at this point I'm just over it. The O5 just need to go back for starters

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#25  Edited By time1

It was a decent issue. I do feel Emma fans would enjoy this issue more than Jean fans. At times I felt like, Emma was picking on Jean and she wasn't very nice to her. Leaving her with the blob and Jean is just teen, it's kind of risky. Emma also lie about her powers, can teen jean really trust her. I don't think Emma a great teacher, she kind of a bully. I really don't like the fact Emma and Jean are friends. The fact that Jean shows no anger towards Emma, kind of annoys me.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

@lordmordor: I think thats what annoys me. Emma destroy Scott Marriage with Jean and that part of the reason why teen Jean is stuck in the main timeline, cause of what happen to other Jean. Not to mention everyone concern about teen Jean going all dark Phoenix and yet emma had a part to play in the real Jean going evil. We had no reaction from teen jean on this matter, which is very annoying.

LordMordor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Their marriage was having major issues independent of Emma, she didn't help obviously, but lets not pretend they were happy at the time.

The thing is though, Teen-Jean hasn't even had a date with scott, much less married and then lost him...no reason for her to hate emma for something that hasn't happened to her. And this Jean and Emma literally have no history together, no reason for Emma to hate her either. They are both very different people from the two women who always used to be at each others throats.

at absolute most Jean could ask what went wrong with the whole Her/Scott/Emma situation...and the two talk it out. Should it happen eventually, maybe. but im just glad it wasn't here and we got a chance for them to be characters independent of their romantic issues with scott. Should they talk about Emma's past as a villain, probably...but Emma has changed a lot since her villain days, and for Jean none of it happened to her yet.

Their friendship coming out of no where from an off-panel TP conversation is annoying yes...but there isn't a lot of reason for them to hate each other

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Veitha

Their marriage was having major issues independent of Emma, she didn't help obviously, but lets not pretend they were happy at the time.

The thing is though, Teen-Jean hasn't even had a date with scott, much less married and then lost him...no reason for her to hate emma for something that hasn't happened to her. And this Jean and Emma literally have no history together, no reason for Emma to hate her either. They are both very different people from the two women who always used to be at each others throats.

at absolute most Jean could ask what went wrong with the whole Her/Scott/Emma situation...and the two talk it out. Should it happen eventually, maybe. but im just glad it wasn't here and we got a chance for them to be characters independent of their romantic issues with scott. Should they talk about Emma's past as a villain, probably...but Emma has changed a lot since her villain days, and for Jean none of it happened to her yet.

Their friendship coming out of no where from an off-panel TP conversation is annoying yes...but there isn't a lot of reason for them to hate each other

amen.

@time said:

It was a decent issue. I do feel Emma fans would enjoy this issue more than Jean fans. At times I felt like, Emma was picking on Jean and she wasn't very nice to her. Leaving her with the blob and Jean is just teen, it's kind of risky. Emma also lie about her powers, can teen jean really trust her. I don't think Emma a great teacher, she kind of a bully. I really don't like the fact Emma and Jean are friends. The fact that Jean shows no anger towards Emma, kind of annoys me.

y'know, I feel like she's the kind of teacher who young mutants need. Let's be honest, their lives aren't easy, hiding them or teaching them good manners isn't going to help anyone. I have had teachers like Emma(not as good, of course lol, but who kinda use her method), and I think that an harsh and direct method of teaching(of course within certain limits) is going to scare you at the moment you're experiencing it, but it'll make you grow up faster than you think and then you'll thank the teacher.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma said that there is no darkness in jean and that she must embrace her powers and never hold back. I just wish that she'd also work on Jean's temper

PhoenixEgg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"at absolute most Jean could ask what went wrong with the whole Her/Scott/Emma situation"

Why would Jean ever ask what went wrong between her, Scott, and Emma? Is Jean totally into threesomes and was hoping the three of them could work it out?

lol Anyway, while I did enjoy the issue, their appearances together just serve to point out the author's unwillingness to address the actual characterization and history. The entire point of Teen Jean is that they can pretend all the stuff from the past didn't happen and avoid the need to get a talented writer to address it all.

Teen Jean associating with Emma is not really believeable without pretending those Morrison stories didn't happen or having Jeen conveniently not be bothered that this person who was personally deceitful to her future self is trying to get close to her.

It would be like Teen Warren being totally comfortable around Apocalypse because hey, Poccy only made a horseman out of his FUTURE self. So no reason to not want to be around Poccy.

It's goofy.

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ultimatekey

I just find it funny that the cover has nothing to do with the actual story. No seriously, I started laughing after I finished this issue. LOL

I thought it was going to be a story about Iceman and Beast hanging out just like how they did in the X-Men: First Class series.

I loved Magik's interaction with Emma Frost. Also, Magik has a problem with people using her teleportation powers? That is strange because when I see her in other issues, she does not have a problem with it. I mean how else would her team get around quicker? She did not have a problem giving her old teammate Cannonball a jump in Avengers World #17.

And is it me or does Bendis always ignores facts? Ever since Magik came back from Limbo, she gained telepathic shields in her mind which no telepath can get through unless Magik permits it. She can lower them at will but to me, she seems like the kind of person to always keep them on. She is a person that is always on her guard around other people.

And were those four-eyed rats? Were they affected by the MGH or were they just drawn like that? Weird.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"at absolute most Jean could ask what went wrong with the whole Her/Scott/Emma situation"

Why would Jean ever ask what went wrong between her, Scott, and Emma? Is Jean totally into threesomes and was hoping the three of them could work it out?

lol Anyway, while I did enjoy the issue, their appearances together just serve to point out the author's unwillingness to address the actual characterization and history. The entire point of Teen Jean is that they can pretend all the stuff from the past didn't happen and avoid the need to get a talented writer to address it all.

Teen Jean associating with Emma is not really believeable without pretending those Morrison stories didn't happen or having Jeen conveniently not be bothered that this person who was personally deceitful to her future self is trying to get close to her.

It would be like Teen Warren being totally comfortable around Apocalypse because hey, Poccy only made a horseman out of his FUTURE self. So no reason to not want to be around Poccy.

It's goofy.

keep telling us how you feel.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont think magik doesn't like to use her teleporting powers as long as she likes the person she doing the favor for. Clearly, she doesn't like the idea of jean being trained by emma

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.