Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

All New X-Men #36 Discussion - SPOILERS -

• 62 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

so the action seemed okay. again, things are revolving around jean so much. "Next issue :the training of jean grey" First her trial now her training. I love jean but it seems like they have given her so much focus but nothing is actually happening. And what is hank up to now...

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are catching the ten years lost, with the wrong Jean.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"....again things are revolving around jean so much."

"....I love jean but it seems like they have given her so much focus but nothing is actually happening...."

Pretty much sums up my feeling on the book as a whole without me even having to buy the book yet.

Rhino999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Rhino999

I would like to see young Beast turn into Dark Beast(much better character than JGS Beast imo)

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Geez, nothing important happening in an X-Men book written by Bendis.

Why am I not surprised ?

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no shock on the focus on jean again sigh.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
    deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Some focus on Angel would be cool. Since Archangel isnt in any book ? Is he dead or something because last time i saw him was in All-New X-Men.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By AwesomePerson

Thank god I dropped All New...

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: told yeah up next was going to focus on emma training jean, i wonder if it would be like emma training benjamin??? Also if emma doesnt train jean good then maybe it would lead to the ending of uncanny x-men with scott fighting emma, hmmm......

Also i read cyclops at the comicbook store, it was pretty good love the end where veleena told her father that she got cyclops and corsair back and that cyclops lied and broke her heart, lol. oops spoilers. cant wait for cyclops 12

Also saw the black vortex chapter two which sucked cause its focusing on kitty and starlords relationship, looks like they are going to break up, i didnt see it lasting anyways. Bendis just did that to boost GotG from taking the fame from x-men

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277 said:

true but what can u do its marvel.......but i think marvel is going to do justice to jean grey because its owned by disney were everyone gets a happy ending :)

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: Havnt left for my store yet, but you can bet I'll be avoiding Black Vortex. I still havnt read more then 2 issues of Cyclops and now that the "Age of BMB" is over i find it funny that alot of his convenience plots like Kitty and Starlord or Tyke in space are getting wrapped up so casually.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@ec2277 said:

true but what can u do its marvel.......but i think marvel is going to do justice to jean grey because its owned by disney were everyone gets a happy ending :)

Wrong: I have made a mistake in that sentence. I wanted to write: «They are catching the ten years lost, with Teen Jean. But they do it in the wrong way.»
    I am an ass, I know.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: what book are you going to get?!?!?!?!?!

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Are they ending the Kitty Star Lord relationship finally?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: XX-Men for one.

@Dman1366: All the solicits are pointing that way....though Bendis solicits hold as much water as air does.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just finished reading All New and I have a fun question....

So Teen "Mary-Sue" Grey has powers that are apparently greater then Ultimate Jean....Ultimate Jean who has her universe's equivalent of the phoenix. Teen Mary-Sue never has any problems doing anything and just got through using Cerebro, so......what the hell are we supposed to believe she needs training for?

Smh this is where bad writing comes back and smacks you in the face. We can't even BS half the stuff she does with the "no Xavier" excuse and yet were supposed to believe she needs training? Show me her in a situation she can't handle and maybe I'll consider it.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@koays: Wait Nu-Jean is stronger than Ultimate Jean? Why does Bendis keep powering this character up?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Wait Nu-Jean is stronger than Ultimate Jean? Why does Bendis keep powering this character up?

cause its fun.......plus nothing is as good as the original......teenjean616 is the original and ult-jean is the counter-part, lol....

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozenedge said:

cause its fun.......plus nothing is as good as the original......teenjean616 is the original and ult-jean is the counter-part, lol....

Teen Jean is NOT the original....her universe might be 616 but this chick was pulled out of Bendis' rear end along with all those crazy power levels.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozenedge said:

Teen Jean is far from original anymore. She's already given birth to an entirely new timeline when she refused to go back to her own timeline for no reason.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@frozenedge said:

Teen Jean is NOT the original....her universe might be 616 but this chick was pulled out of Bendis' rear end along with all those crazy power levels.

well teen jean is supposed to be 616 jean according to bendis. its still too early to find out the truth. like when the o5 go back to there time will it effect the present!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You wanna know what really irks me about this issue?

Beast says: "I saw yet another version of us--a world where the mutant condition is even worse. Where evil--real evil-- is everywhere. I'm sick of it Jean. We need to change this world and we need to do it now.

IT TOOK YOU 36 FREAKING ISSUES TO GET BACK TO THE SAME DAMN POINT YOU HAD WHEN YOU DECIDED TO STAY?!?!?

And then Jean goes.... "What does THAT mean?"

IT MEANS YOU BENDIS JUST REMEMBERED THE PLOT!

This is what i've been talking about with this god forsaken book.
    EVER SINGLE ARC ends with them realizing something they already realized in the first few issues.

And nevermind how the parts of the Ultimate Universe they saw had one bad guy in it. Or how they've barely even explored the evil of the current 616....what i want to know is HOW IS ANYTHING YOU'VE SEEN WORSE THEN THE FREAKING PURIFIERS???

Smh i hate this book.

I walked in the cold and spent four dollars plus an atm fee to pay for this book....and i hate it.

Smh

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Beast says: "I saw yet another version of us--a world where the mutant condition is even worse. Where evil--real evil-- is everywhere. I'm sick of it Jean. We need to change this world and we need to do it now.

IT TOOK YOU 36 FREAKING ISSUES TO GET BACK TO THE SAME DAMN POINT YOU HAD WHEN YOU DECIDED TO STAY?!?!?

EVER SINGLE ARC ends with them realizing something they already realized in the first few issues.

And nevermind how the parts of the Ultimate Universe they saw had one bad guy in it. Or how they've barely even explored the evil of the current 616....what i want to know is HOW IS ANYTHING YOU'VE SEEN WORSE THEN THE FREAKING PURIFIERS???

Smh i hate this book.

I walked in the cold and spent four dollars plus an atm fee to pay for this book....and i hate it.

Smh

maybe trial of hank mcCoy is coming up after all. if bendis had enough time......also bring up the purifers reminds me of when jean brainwash that guy and made him say that "god wanted us to take off our clothes" lol

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Wait you actually paid for this? You should've just read it in the store while pretending to browse for other comics like I did with the last issue of ANXM

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozenedge: My local shop is VERY small. So reading in isn't an option. And unless I tell them not too, they pull pretty much all the X-Men stuff for me early so I feel awkward putting things back. The universe arranged itself so I would get this sucky book and be punished for my kindness

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Ahh, then I feel bad for you and your wallet. No one should have to be put through the punishment of Bendis' ANXM

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Smh i hate this book.

Smh

Sorry about that man this is why i just have my cousin by mine for me to prevent such situations. You didn't deserve that though.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@frozenedge: My local shop is VERY small. So reading in isn't an option. And unless I tell them not too, they pull pretty much all the X-Men stuff for me early so I feel awkward putting things back. The universe arranged itself so I would get this sucky book and be punished for my kindness

i got lucky and got the last one and the time was 11 o'clock......isnt anybody interested about the new mutant Carmen C, who seems to be the age of teen bobby, do i smell a romance coming on?????

also i said this before but carmen is going to be the one to send the O5 back when marvel is through with them

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozenedge: @primebonnick: I appreciate the sympathy. It really is my fault because i've been saying exactly how this arc would play out for months and i still rode the wave....dropping it now though.

@hopesummersforthefuture - Why Carmen and not Tempus? I've been thinking that she was forshadowed back door out of the ANX-Men since she was introduced. Though i thought her time travel powers would only be a factor at the last minute.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry if this is off topic, but can anyone tell me what role Miles plays in the Ultimate Universe crossovers? I am not a big ANXM reader,(only read three issues actually), and I'm considering getting the crossovers just to read how Miles interacts with thee O5. So is is role meaningful or is he just shoehorned in there for publicity reasons?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I liked the issue a lot. It had a very Legion Lost vibe to it at the end.

I feel bad for that Apocalypses and his houseman. He's been lost in time/space jumping around since Bendis's Avengers run. xD

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelurker: Publicity. His role is basically to follow Jean to the X-mansion. They don't really dig too deep into either character while there together. If you must then pick up the 2nd issue of the arc and keep it moving.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's admit, all this raving and ranting about teen jean is publicity on her part. People love talking about her. To love or spite her , everything still leads to her. That's the magic of jean.

Regarding her training, well, according to emma, tp is all about finesse. Definitely jean still has no know-how of how to do complex tp feats or simply what other stuff tp can do. I mean she can probably learn everything through experience like how xavier got adept with his tp, no one taught him, right? But it would be faster if someone would teach her the tricks.

I think black vortex is quite promising. I just wish that it would end gracefully unlike other story arcs by bendis. Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill...

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let's admit, all this raving and ranting about teen jean is publicity on her part. People love talking about her. To love or spite her , everything still leads to her. That's the magic of jean.

Regarding her training, well, according to emma, tp is all about finesse. Definitely jean still has no know-how of how to do complex tp feats or simply what other stuff tp can do. I mean she can probably learn everything through experience like how xavier got adept with his tp, no one taught him, right? But it would be faster if someone would teach her the tricks.

I think black vortex is quite promising. I just wish that it would end gracefully unlike other story arcs by bendis. Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill...

Gotta love that Prince of Egypt reference.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think what matters is when the smoke clears. it's obvious that jean, cyclops, and beast matter the most in this ear of X-men because they have been the focus. I think what marvel wants to do is reboot their characters. not really new 52 them or anything but it seems that they are trying to improve them as characters. I will say tho, if bendis wrote the X-men in the 60's they would of never seen a problem in sales lol

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By EC2277

@cresshadow said:

[…]

I think what marvel wants to do is reboot their characters.

[…]

I thought the same things; 20 issues ago.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ec2277: I know, you know, I know you tagged me.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By EC2277

@koays: Yes, it was a post that I've decided to delete, because…

Well if you have read the notification, you know that it was only another post about how Bendis has managed All New X-Men.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Koays

@ec2277: Lol, theres no need to hold back. The world needs to know how we've suffered!

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@koays said:

Smh

Not sure I understand you. They said where and not we're. The mutant condition doesn't just mean how they are but how they are treated and their place in the world. The Purifiers wouldn't be separate from the evil he sees. They would be a part of it.

EC2277

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By EC2277

@koays: I think Bendis already know very well how much I'm suffering, if you remember the message that I sent to him and in my opinion it is enough.

After all we don't want nothing odd. We want only a story developed in according to the expectation that he gave us. He started to talk about the Cyclops' revolution, so he must tell about that revolution. He take the Original 5 in the present, so he must tell us which consequences will have this time travel on their lives. He told us the power of Cyclops, Magneto and Emma are broken, so he must tell us how and why they are broken.

De facto starting from Battle of the Atom, he has neglected all the plots that he has created, to tell simple stories without any real development of the characters or of the scenario. Everything is still like it was before All New X-Men 1 and there wouldn't be nothing bad in that, if Bendis hasn't started to tell us about a future to change, about an imminent revolution and about powers broken.

It's too simple write something and leave to some other to tell or explain everything; above all if he have write two x-titles for three years.

All New X-Men started like Lost, with a long term plot which was the central idea of the title, but is ending like Magnum PI: with a series of issues without any long term plot, because the original central idea was abandoned.

Should I still buy this title?

I don't think.

I have written all these words, when I should write a simple osbervation: now we have the answer to the question that I made to Bendis.

What is the goal of All New X-Men?

None, the title doesn't have a real goal.

Now you must thrust me, if I tell you that I hate talk in this way, about the comics that I choose to read and now I have chose not to read more.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cresshadow: There was never a suffering in sales. The retail reports in the 60's were MUCH slower than today. So when they thought that the sales were bad they cancelled the X-Men. Then they found out, later, that the sales were really good. In response, they re-released that first run and hired Claremont to reboot the franchise.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman said:
    @koays said:

Smh

Not sure I understand you. They said where and not we're. The mutant condition doesn't just mean how they are but how they are treated and their place in the world. The Purifiers wouldn't be separate from the evil he sees. They would be a part of it.

I think your misinterpreting what Beast is saying.

The way he phrases things paints the picture that everything he saw in the Ultimate Universe is worse then the real world. It's the placement of the word "saw" and the "-" that point to to that as continuing to list things he's seen while in the Ultimate Universe.

And while it may not have been clear. My problem comes from the fact that his time in the Ultimate Universe would inspire such indignation from him, when the Purifiers and everything he'd have learned about them would be worst then anything else in the team encountered while there. Don't get me wrong, anyone with a modest knowledge of their history knows the Ultimate Universe is 10 times worst then the mutant treatment in the 616, but Beast didn't see any of that. Hell we didn't even get a scene where he learns about their history. Beast is basically more upset by things he's learned second hand about another Universe then he is about the things he's learned about his own.

The fact that it takes a (very lackluster) exploration of another Universe to finally inspire them to address the freaking premise of the book again despite multiple events that should've done the same....it's incompetent.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Koays

@ec2277 said:

@koays: I think Bendis already know very well how much I'm suffering, if you remember the message that I sent to him and in my opinion it is enough.

After all we don't want nothing odd. We want only a story developed in according to the expectation that he gave us. He started to talk about the Cyclops' revolution, so he must tell about that revolution. He take the Original 5 in the present, so he must tell us which consequences will have this time travel on their lives. He told us the power of Cyclops, Magneto and Emma are broken, so he must tell us how and why they are broken.

De facto starting from Battle of the Atom, he has neglected all the plots that he has created, to tell simple stories without any real development of the characters or of the scenario. Everything is still like it was before All New X-Men 1 and there wouldn't be nothing bad in that, if Bendis hasn't started to tell us about a future to change, about an imminent revolution and about powers broken.

It's too simple write something and leave to some other to tell or explain everything; above all if he have write two x-titles for three years.

All New X-Men started like Lost, with a long term plot which was the central idea of the title, but is ending like Magnum PI: with a series of issues without any long term plot, because the original central idea was abandoned.

Should I still buy this title?

I don't think.

I have written all these words, when I should write a simple osbervation: now we have the answer to the question that I made to Bendis.

What is the goal of All New X-Men?

None, the title doesn't have a real goal.

Now you must thrust me, if I tell you that I hate talk in this way, about the comics that I choose to read and now I have chose not to read more.

I totally respect everything you say here.

I think the reason i'm particularly hard on All New X-Men is because its a story that could've wrote it's self and Bendis wouldn't allow it. The very premise of "O5 X-Men journey to the present and find their futures and the future of mutants aren't what they had in mind. They make the decision to stay and fix it." was spelled out after the first arc. Hell, it was spelled out repeatedly in the opening intro of the book for a while. And yet 36 issues in and we have to be reminded that they have a reason to be here.

I can deal with characters doing things i dont agree with. I can deal with other characters taking a backseat to another one. Those are aesthetic choices that depend on preference. What i can't deal with is coming up with a premise that states the books mission and then going 40 issues without even considering accomplishing it.

Uncanny can be slow. Aaron can be bad. Chuck Austen can be the worse writer X-Men has ever had. But All New X-Men remains the stupidest thing i've read with an X in the title and the fact that people buy and swear by the book without acknowledging this irritates me because if someone doesn't speak up we will get more things like it.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By HAWK2916

I fail to see how anyone can continue to defend this book. The O5 basically take a tour of Bendisville for the whole run. Its a joke and really shouldn't be surprising since its premise is more or less based on the most overdone elements in Xmen comics and Bendis go to all time, and that's time-travel and a Mary Sue character that alters everything. Its the same old same old. There is so much more that could be done in place of this book plus to have multiple versions of the same characters running around is really just ridiculous. But it seems some will just ignore all of the flaws in this book because it just so happens to have Teen Jean. I mean geez if you want a Jean fix why not just go back and read the old stuff. That's what I do. But I refuse to sit there and read Bendis make Jean into an aggravating bratty teenage Mary Sue. I laugh because I see the same things that people claim to hate about Hope are the things that Teen Jean does but they love her. The characterization is off and the focus is solely on one character plus the premise is weak. Why even bother with this book at all?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.