Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

All New X-Men 27 SPOILERS

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Veitha

So Mystique gave birth to both Young Xavier and Raze? And did she and Charles had sex, and then she kept the baby inside her for all this time hiding it from everyone? I'm a bit confused.

Anyway I liked the issue, and I loved Emma punching Jean and showing that she is still a great tactician when it comes to telepathic battles.

No Caption Provided

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@veitha: Mystique and Charles were both gone from the X-Books for a while prior to AvX, which is around when they hooked up i assume.

I also enjoyed Emma punching Jean, its the most she's gotten to do in a while.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: yeah, Emma was written quite good here, and that's unusual for Bendis lol.

I double posted this thread, @sc could you please delete the other thread or lock it, please?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#4 SC  Moderator

@veitha: Sure, no worries.

I am behind on books, but is great to hear Emma is doing good.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: He's done ok with her scenes with the Cuckoos, he just so rarely remembers to use her. Though after reading "X-Men No More Humans" I'm pretty interested in what he does with the Emma/Jean dynamic, since it was cool in that book.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what did knocking out teen jean accomplish? seems like xavier and adult jean still got to her

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

@veitha: He's done ok with her scenes with the Cuckoos, he just so rarely remembers to use her. Though after reading "X-Men No More Humans" I'm pretty interested in what he does with the Emma/Jean dynamic, since it was cool in that book.

yeah, I like the fact that they're creating a "teacher/student" relationship between them. I'd like to see Emma using her to get her powers back(they're not gone, just broken. She may use Jean and the Cuckoos to try to repair them) or use Jean's powers as her own more often.

what did knocking out teen jean accomplish? seems like xavier and adult jean still got to her

I think that Emma knew that she couldn't keep the shields together for long, so she knocked her out so that Xavier and Adult Jean could take care of her leaving Emma and Scott alone to save the others. But this is just my interpretation.

@sc said:

@veitha: Sure, no worries.

I am behind on books, but is great to hear Emma is doing good.

Thanks. She's not doing that good, it's more likely one good issue each five, but I appreciate that sometimes she gets to shine, and I hope that this new storyline will lead to her gaining her powers back.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since this whole thing is spoilers, who thinks that it's really just Raze and Kid Xavier and all the rest are just creations of the Kid? Not like it hasn't been done before many times. Whedon's Astonishing run and having Emma do that to the whole school comes immediately to mind. Then more recently mastermind or one of his spawn doing it to the o5 in Madripore or where ever they were. A warehouse? Anyway, you get my point.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

I'd like to see Emma away from Bendis and this title after Original Sin. The highlight of her association with Scott's self-serving Revolution shouldn't be a sucker-punch coupled with a few repetitive belabors here and there after forty-something issues. Lol.

tomasmaclgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier 2 is Mystique's and Xavier's son? So why does he introduce himself saying: "My name is Xavier. You knew my grandfather." ?

cwatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cwatz

It existed only so fans could go "tee hee, catfight moments!". Literally zero effort or purpose in the story. I hate when the writer wastes time winking at the audience, id rather they crafted a story on its own merits.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

Since this whole thing is spoilers, who thinks that it's really just Raze and Kid Xavier and all the rest are just creations of the Kid? Not like it hasn't been done before many times. Whedon's Astonishing run and having Emma do that to the whole school comes immediately to mind. Then more recently mastermind or one of his spawn doing it to the o5 in Madripore or where ever they were. A warehouse? Anyway, you get my point.

lol my thoughs exactly. i mean maybe Molly is real, but i seriously doubt, Deadpool and Xorn-Jean are back as well. This is just us getting a taste at how powerful Xavier Jr is.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xavier 2 is Mystique's and Xavier's son? So why does he introduce himself saying: "My name is Xavier. You knew my grandfather." ?

Totally forgot this line, Good Point....I remember thinking at the time that he was Legion and Blindfolds kid (which would explain the psychic power). But maybe they hadn't planned for Legion to erase his own existence when they came up with the character or he didnt want them to go looking for his self as a child and changing his existence.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@cwatz said:

@martinceld said:

It existed only so fans could go "tee hee, catfight moments!". Literally zero effort or purpose in the story. I hate when the writer wastes time winking at the audience, id rather they crafted a story on its own merits.

Someone's seems upset that a certain psychotic redhead got her jaw reconfigured by her arch-rival.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#17  Edited By time1

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@martinceld said:

Exactly!!!!! I guess jean has to defned herself in next issue.....i think im going to use the punch as my new avatar pic which is weird because im a jean grey fan.

lol poor jean grey obsessed fan :D

I loved Jean Grey and Emma Frost rivalry in comics, it’s one of my favourites, and it’s my third favourite in the X-Men comics. I like that fans always talk about these two.

As a Jean fan, I always want Jean to get better of Emma Frost and that’s more to do with fact that, I think Jean deserve better. It’s been disgusting to see the way she been treated by Marvel, just so Emma can benefit.

With regards to this issue, it doesn't make any sense why Emma would hit Jean Grey. The X-Men are under attack by Xorn Jean and Charles Xavier son and now the Cuckoos’ are being controlled. Emma powers are broken, so she needs Jean Grey help to defeat them.

Emma can’t beat the real Jean Grey, so picking on teen Jean Grey will have to do. She such as petty woman, Emma so annoying.

What I don’t understand, is why hasn't Jean Grey show any anger towards Emma Frost. She red Beast mind. So she knows what happen to her future. She knows Emma is responsible for destroying her marriage and is partly responsible for events in the Dark Phoenix Saga. And yet Jean is still nice to Emma. I wonder what hell is Bends thinking. Rachel should be looking out for her mother, not kitty.

With regards to the first part of the statement on that website above.

I got to ask... Emma torments Jean, steals husband, takes her place in the comics for a decade

They forgot to add, for most of that decade, Emma became nothing more than a sex toy for Scott Summers. Lived in his shadows and follow in the same footsteps as Jean Grey.

Emma had exactly the same kind of developments as Jean Grey. She became host of the Phoenix force. Watch her daughters become host of the Phoenix Force. Then Namor join the X-Men. We had to see another guy try get with Cyclops woman.

I supposed as a Jean Grey fan, you shouldn't feel that sad about what happen to Jean Grey, It’s not like Emma hasn't suffered.

All she needs do now is die and suffered the same kind of fate. Fingers crossed.

By the way @hopesummersforthefuture why do you like Emma hitting Jean, I thought you were a Jean fan.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@martinceld said:

Exactly!!!!! I guess jean has to defned herself in next issue.....i think im going to use the punch as my new avatar pic which is weird because im a jean grey fan.

I loved Jean Grey and Emma Frost rivalry in comics, it’s one of my favourites, and it’s my third favourite in the X-Men comics. I like that fans always talk about these two.

As a Jean fan, I always want Jean to get better of Emma Frost and that’s more to do with fact that, I think Jean deserve better. It’s been disgusting to see the way she been treated by Marvel, just so Emma can benefit.

With regards to this issue, it doesn't make any sense why Emma would hit Jean Grey. The X-Men are under attack by Xorn Jean and Charles Xavier son and now the Cuckoos’ are being controlled. Emma powers are broken, so she needs Jean Grey help to defeat them.

Emma can’t beat the real Jean Grey, so picking on teen Jean Grey will have to do. She such as petty woman, Emma so annoying.

What I don’t understand, is why hasn't Jean Grey show any anger towards Emma Frost. She red Beast mind. So she knows what happen to her future. She knows Emma is responsible for destroying her marriage and is partly responsible for events in the Dark Phoenix Saga. And yet Jean is still nice to Emma. I wonder what hell is Bends thinking. Rachel should be looking out for her mother, not kitty.

I got to ask... Emma torments Jean, steals husband, takes her place in the comics for a decade

They forgot to add, for most of that decade, Emma became nothing more than a sex toy for Scott Summers. Lived in his shadows and follow in the same footsteps as Jean Grey.

Emma had exactly the same kind of developments as Jean Grey. She became host of the Phoenix force. Watch her daughters become host of the Phoenix Force. Then Namor join the X-Men. We had to see another guy try get with Cyclops woman.

I supposed as a Jean Grey, you shouldn't feel that sad about what happen to Jean Grey, It’s not like Emma hasn't suffered.

All she needs do now is die and suffered the same kind of fate. Fingers crossed.

By the way @hopesummersforthefuture why do you like Emma hitting Jean, I thought you were a Jean fan.

i am a jean grey fan but IDK its just something emma would do. Scott told emma she was waiting to do that for a long time. It just shows it was a good move but emma enjoyed it which makes her seem petty.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@martinceld said:

I supposed as a Jean Grey, you shouldn't feel that sad about what happen to Jean Grey, It’s not like Emma hasn't suffered.

i am a jean grey fan but IDK its just something emma would do. Scott told emma she was waiting to do that for a long time. It just shows it was a good move but emma enjoyed it which makes her seem petty.

Ok, are you suprised that Jean hasn't show any angered towards Emma.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: Jean did in anxm15 when lady mastermind showed her a vision of emma and scott kissing and jean goes "if ur trying to see which one can get the other one more angry, you win". Maybe emma found out that teen jean put the moves on scott last issue, lol. I dont think jean knows all the details until emma and jean have a chat and straighten each other out.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time: Jean did in anxm15 when lady mastermind showed her a vision of emma and scott kissing and jean goes "if ur trying to see which one can get the other one more angry, you win". Maybe emma found out that teen jean put the moves on scott last issue, lol. I dont think jean knows all the details until emma and jean have a chat and straighten each other out.

Yes Jean was angry, but she showed her anger towards Lady Mastermind, not Emma. Hopefully in the next issue Jean will show her anger towards Emma Frost. Otherwise we have to wait for Emma to start teaching Jean Grey. It should be Rachel teaching her mother, not Emma.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I never bother with these issues. The whole timelines is confusing as hell. Young Jean, old Jean, white room, young professor x, dead professor x, young cike, old cike, and the hell with them lol.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozon said:

I never bother with these issues. The whole timelines is confusing as hell. Young Jean, old Jean, white room, young professor x, dead professor x, young cike, old cike, and the hell with them lol.

It is confusing.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@martinceld said:

Well, boo hoo hoo.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By time1

@time said:

@martinceld said:

Well, boo hoo hoo.

Typical

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@avenger85 said:

@time said:

@martinceld said:

Well, boo hoo hoo.

Typical

lol avenger85 we all know ur a emma/scott fan

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@avenger85 said:

@time said:

@martinceld said:

Well, boo hoo hoo.

Typical

Not really, nope. But I do love watching the Saint Jean cultists get upset on their saint not being treated like one.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@avenger85 said:

@time said:

@martinceld said:

Well, boo hoo hoo.

Typical

Not really, nope. But I do love watching the Saint Jean cultists get upset on their saint not being treated like one.

ikr plus they only respect her and treat her like she was an angel after she died. I would have been a fan of emma if she didnt steal "someone's" husband. That totally damaged her creditbility.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By time1

@avenger85 said:

@time said:

@avenger85 said:

@time said:

@martinceld said:

Well, boo hoo hoo.

Typical

ikr plus they only respect her and treat her like she was an angel after she died. I would have been a fan of emma if she didnt steal "someone's" husband. That totally damaged her creditbility.

I think your right, people only starting calling Jean Grey some sort of saint or Angel, when Jean die and Emma Frost replace her.

Only Emma and Cuckoo’s feels that way about her, I doubt most people feel that way about her

Jean is not a saint or Angel and no one is perfect.

I also think that if Emma Frost didn’t break up Scott & Jean Grey, I would like her too.

I think what annoys me the most, is Emma Frost fans giving Jean Grey grief all the time. Even though Emma is where she is today, cause of Jean Grey. If Marvel never got rid of Jean Grey, Emma wouldn't be X-Men leading lady or Cyclops woman. She wouldn't be that popular if it wasn't for Jean Grey.

Jean Grey done more for Emma Frost than anyone. Jean saved Emma life 3 times now and gave Emma Frost everything, which is surprises when people like @avenger85, like to give Jean grey and her fans grief.

The way Jean been punish by the writers is disgusting and Emma get everything she wants, the man she loves and a position on the team. As we know there not much justice in the world, I supposed it’s the same for comics. Bad people like Emma should be punish, I guess they never will.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@avenger85 said:

@time said:

@avenger85 said:

@time said:

@martinceld said:

Well, boo hoo hoo.

Typical

I think your right, people only starting calling Jean Grey some sort of saint or Angel, when Jean die and Emma Frost replace her.

Only Emma and Cuckoo’s feels that way about her, I doubt most people feel that way about her

I also think that if Emma Frost didn’t break up Scott & Jean Grey, I would like her too.

I think what annoys me the most, is Emma Frost fans giving Jean Grey grief all the time. Even though Emma is where she is today, cause of Jean Grey. If Marvel never got rid of Jean Grey, Emma wouldn't be X-Men leading lady or Cyclops woman. She wouldn't be that popular if it wasn't for Jean Grey.

Jean Grey done more for Emma Frost than anyone. Jean saved Emma life 3 times now and gave Emma Frost everything, which is surprises when people like @avenger85, like to give Jean grey and her fans grief.

The way Jean been punish by the writers is disgusting and Emma get everything she wants, the man she loves and a position on the team. As we know there not much justice in the world, I supposed it’s the same for comics. Bad people like Emma should be punish, I guess they never will.

wow great post!!! Totally agree with everything. Im actually hoping bendis can bring the real jean grey back after teen jean leaves or have the O5 stay in the present forever :)

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@veitha: Emma puching jean wow that xavier school is really tough unlike the jean grey school thats babyish

No Caption Provided

@avenger85: this pic is for you .......lol camera's never lie

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

lol

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@time said:

@avenger85 said:

@time said:

@avenger85 said:

@time said:

@martinceld said:

Well, boo hoo hoo.

Typical

Well,boo hoo hoo. Saint Jean being treated less than a saint = Bad treatment of Jean and Emma is an evil person who deserves to die.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@time said:

@avenger85 said:

@time said:

@avenger85 said:

@time said:

@martinceld said:

Well, boo hoo hoo.

Typical

Well,boo hoo hoo. Saint Jean being treated less than a saint = Bad treatment of Jean and Emma is an evil person who deserves to die.

i guess its been so long for jean that she is in the comics again and bendis likes to destroy characters. Im still shocked over the beast and jean kiss, lol.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sigh....I have a dream, that one day little Jean fans and little Emma fans, will be able to comment on Comicvine's X-Men forum peacefully. That my children will one day be able to know that treatment of Jean is not directly connected to treatment of Emma, and that Emma Frost treatment is in not an indicator to Jeans....and that one day Emma Frost fans and Jean Grey fans will be able to enjoy a scene without automatically assuming one character is burying the other......dreams.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays said:

Sigh....I have a dream, that one day little Jean fans and little Emma fans, will be able to comment on Comicvine's X-Men forum peacefully. That my children will one day be able to know that treatment of Jean is not directly connected to treatment of Emma, and that Emma Frost treatment is in not an indicator to Jeans....and that one day Emma Frost fans and Jean Grey fans will be able to enjoy a scene without automatically assuming one character is burying the other......dreams.

well said.....it even made me cry :')

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By time1

@koays said:

Well to be fair I think that is wishing thinking. The demise of Jean, is directly connected to Emma Frost. One lady paid the price for the other. Think about it, if Marvel never got rid of Jean Grey, would Emma be where she is today, would she be with Scott ? The answer is no.

While I think both ladies should be treated with respect. That will never happen. Any lady connected to Cyclops suffers at the hand of the writers. As a Jean Grey fan, I would prefer it to be Emma Frost, cause Jean suffered enough.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Koays

@time said:

@koays said:

Well to be fair I think that is wishing thinking. The demise of Jean, is directly connected to Emma Frost. One lady paid the price for the other. Think about it, if Marvel never got rid of Jean Grey, would Emma be where she is today, would she be with Scott ? The answer is no.

While I think both ladies should be treated with respect. That will never happen. Any lady connected to Cyclops suffers at the hand of the writers. As a Jean Grey fan, I would prefer it to be Emma Frost, cause Jean suffered enough.

Yea, but if Emma wasn't there someone else would've been focused on. I highly doubt anyone said "Lets kill Jean and give the spot to Emma" because the entire affair leading up to Jean's death made Emma generally disliked by fans. Emma profited from Jean's death, but so did Cyclops, Rachel and Kitty who all got more attention for different reasons related to their being one less major player on the board.

Would she be with Scott if Jean was around, doubtful. Though it's unlikely Jean would be with him either considering the direction he was going on prior to her death (and Marvels weird obsession with Jean/Logan). But even if she wasn't with him, she would've still been valuable as one of the strongest psychics on the team, especially 2004-08 when their were three X-teams and she was the psychic on all of them.

But this idea that Cyclops is damaging to the women he's with is extremely confusing. Cyclops is a constant within the X-Men, any character related to him is usually majorly important(his family tree is a list of main characters). Emma has had more development sharing power with Scott then she would've had as just another X-Man. But everything from her connection to the Cuckoos, to her relationship with the other X-Men, and her value as the teams primary psychic has nothing to do with Cyclops.

So yea as a MAJOR Jean fan and a invested Emma fan...i think there's middle ground for fans.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.