Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

All new/Uncanny X-Men by Bendis/Immonen

Carnage13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm just getting back in to comics after a long time away. One of my first love was the X-men. I have tried to love thees two books but am having a hard time getting in to them. I feel like they have killed the X-Men I once knew and loved. Is there and book out there that can give me the old X-men feel. I think not but I'm on the search. I do have to say All new X-Men is better than Uncanny (IMO). What are your thoughts on this.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I can't wait until ANXM15.....

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BaBaBoom

The only thing that I don't like about Uncanny are the new mutants.

Carnage13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Carnage13

@bababoom: isn't that a large part of the new run. All the new mutants popping up. Scot is just picking up where Mag left off

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carnage13: Yeah, but Bendis can't seem to create interesting new mutants.

X_Titans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Am I the only person who didn't like #14 of All New X-Men? Their victory seemed waaaay too easy. How could Jean - who has only been an X-Man for a little while - kick Mystique in the face and take her out?

That being said, I've loved both series, especially #13 of ANXM and #7 of UXM.

Carnage13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Carnage13

@bababoom: agreed...the only good one is the time stop. The guy with the baubles how dumbest thing ever

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@carnage13: Tempus can stay, the rest can just die from a sentinel attack. Pretty much all of these new mutants don't even have cool or original powers. You have the guy with control over machinery, similar to Madison Jeffries, the guy with the useless adaptive shape-shifting and Triage who is basically an Elixir clone (an extremely horrible clone). They don't even do anything to make the story progress. They are just there making stupid comments about everything. Uncanny X-men would still progress story-wise even if they never talk or appear. The worst one is probably GoldBalls, and according to this interview, he's supposed to represent X-fans. His powers are pretty much like Speedball (a way weaker version) and his personality just makes me tear my eyes out. Did I mention that I don't like the new mutants?

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Carnage13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Carnage13

He needs to step away from anything with an X in it. His art work is so so. The dialog sucks! Why dies every one sound like there from Brooklyn ? Ema frost is the worst of the bunch. If remember right she came from a high class family and she would never use words like sweetie

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I'm just getting back in to comics after a long time away. One of my first love was the X-men. I have tried to love thees two books but am having a hard time getting in to them. I feel like they have killed the X-Men I once knew and loved. Is there and book out there that can give me the old X-men feel. I think not but I'm on the search. I do have to say All new X-Men is better than Uncanny (IMO). What are your thoughts on this.

I've had a lot more fun reading All-new' than Uncanny', and I think it's got better art, but I'm kind of at the point where I could take or leave either one.

Uncanny X-men at least feels more like something different, even if the new characters have yet to interest me (they are still really new). The senior members of the team (Cyclops, Emma, Magik, and Magneto) are still among my favorite X-men, and this book does put them in a context we haven't really seen for an X-men team. So if I keep reading either one, it'll be this one.

All-new X-men has been really fun, and like I say, the art has been a huge part of that; but the basic premise is starting to bore me. Plus it took 14 issues to feel like it was at the end of the first story arc, when really not that much actually happened; that sort of makes me less interested in getting into the next one.

If you're looking for current stories with a more old-school feel, I think the current arc of Astonishing X-men (issues 62-65) is pretty good for that. It focuses on Iceman, it has some great character interactions, villains, Thor shows up.. it's pretty fun. Brian Wood's X-men has a pretty classic feel, and actually, I'm starting to feel like Uncanny X-force does as well, though it's mostly focused on Psylocke currently.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bababoom said:

The only thing that I don't like about Uncanny are the new mutants.

Yeah, everyone but Eva pretty much sucks.

Carnage13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Carnage13

I'm going to grab the new astonishing X-Men ark with Night crawler or is there a better place to start

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Yea Uncanny is missing the mark a bit. I wish it could be decided which role Cyclops wants. Is he a teacher/mentor or an underground revolutionary. And while there are new mutants popping up all over the place they do need better powers. If Bendis needs some ideas he should check out the comicvine gene game thread on this forum, its some pretty cool stuff there. Tempus is cool, but it would have been better for this team to go find Elixir and maybe bring in Kiden Nixon, maybe go find Nate Grey and Threnody's kid and Carter Gzhazikanin (I know I spelled that wrong)

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

@carnage13 said:

I've had a lot more fun reading All-new' than Uncanny', and I think it's got better art, but I'm kind of at the point where I could take or leave either one.

Uncanny X-men at least feels more like something different, even if the new characters have yet to interest me (they are still really new). The senior members of the team (Cyclops, Emma, Magik, and Magneto) are still among my favorite X-men, and this book does put them in a context we haven't really seen for an X-men team. So if I keep reading either one, it'll be this one.

All-new X-men has been really fun, and like I say, the art has been a huge part of that; but the basic premise is starting to bore me. Plus it took 14 issues to feel like it was at the end of the first story arc, when really not that much actually happened; that sort of makes me less interested in getting into the next one.

If you're looking for current stories with a more old-school feel, I think the current arc of Astonishing X-men (issues 62-65) is pretty good for that. It focuses on Iceman, it has some great character interactions, villains, Thor shows up.. it's pretty fun. Brian Wood's X-men has a pretty classic feel, and actually, I'm starting to feel like Uncanny X-force does as well, though it's mostly focused on Psylocke currently.

@carnage13 "I feel they have killed the X-Men I once knew and loved" You're preaching to the choir, bro. But there are still some good X-books out there. I'm not certain what you mean by "old X-men" feeling. To each person that can be interpreted differently. Personally I love the old school Claremont/Byrne and Simonson's X-Factor run. I agree with @oldnightcrawler's opinions (besides Uncanny X-Force, I haven't read it since ms. pottymouth made her debut in issue #1).

All New X-Men is my favorite title hands down, but this is mainly because of the nods to my two favorite eras (as mentioned above).

Astonishing X-Men will be ending soon. Opal (Bobby's Ex) from the old X-Factor days has cameoed a few times, so this series is earning some major nostalgia points with me. There is a major Iceman story brewing.

X-Men reminds me of the X-Men run in the Australia era (expect without Havok, Gateway, and Colossus). Highly recommended.

Uncanny Avengers really isn't an X-book, but is pulling on Apocalypse related history. Ship from X-Factor has been seen in a few issues. I would highly recommend reading the first few trades of Remender's Uncanny X-Force before reading this series. Plus this series has Sunfire, which is a big selling point for me.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JohnnyGat

I still feel sad that instead of finding a way to reincorporate Elixir into the public view we have to stick with Elixir lite aka Triage. Now he can eventually become a good and interesting character but he wasn't really necessary.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goldballs was plain idiotic. The little we saw about his personality or what not, I didn't dislike it, but his power was incredibly stupid. I know Bendis was probably trying to be original, but it was too much, and it didn't really make any sense.

Eva, Benjamin and Christopher are different though. I'm really liking them, both in terms of power and personality. I believe that they could really help to create a very powerful and balanced team.

The new Technopath seems kind of cool as well.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#18  Edited By knighthood

Goldballs was plain idiotic. The little we saw about his personality or what not, I didn't dislike it, but his power was incredibly stupid. I know Bendis was probably trying to be original, but it was too much, and it didn't really make any sense.

Eva, Benjamin and Christopher are different though. I'm really liking them, both in terms of power and personality. I believe that they could really help to create a very powerful and balanced team.

IMO - Eva is the only character that is slightly interesting out of the new group. That's about it. I wished they would use more underused pre-existing characters instead of creating more characters that will be underused in the future.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#19  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Astonishing X-Men will be ending soon. Opal (Bobby's Ex) from the old X-Factor days has cameoed a few times, so this series is earning some major nostalgia points with me. There is a major Iceman story brewing.

X-Men reminds me of the X-Men run in the Australia era (expect without Havok, Gateway, and Colossus). Highly recommended.

Uncanny Avengers really isn't an X-book, but is pulling on Apocalypse related history. Ship from X-Factor has been seen in a few issues. I would highly recommend reading the first few trades of Remender's Uncanny X-Force before reading this series. Plus this series has Sunfire, which is a big selling point for me.

yeah, these are probably my three favorite X-books right now (or, as you say, two favorite plus my favorite Avengers book). I'm a little disappointed about Astonishing getting canceled, since it's just started to get quite good again, but I'm definitely gonna see it through to the end.

I'm totally digging the 80's vibe on the real X-men. The inclusion of Rachel and Kitty makes it feel as much like the pre-Mutant Massacre era as it feels like the replacement X-men era, so it's kind of a 80's greatest hits mixtape kinda team for me.

GonnaRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GonnaRain

@knighthood said:

@gonnarain said:

IMO - Eva is the only character that is slightly interesting out of the new group. That's about it. I wished they would use more underused pre-existing characters instead of creating more characters that will be underused in the future.

Eva is my favourite in terms of New New Mutants, but I've come to like both Benjamin and Christopher as well, even though Benjamin's weird shifter power hasn't actually been explained.

I too believe that they should use more of the already existing characters, some of the students at the JGS should've joined Cyke, not just Angel and the Cuckoos, but I guess since that was not the case, Cyke needed some other guys to work with, and with the Phoenix re igniting the Mutant gene, I guess it was necessary to actually introduce some new characters as well.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
    theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@hopesummersforthefuture: played exactly the same in the book i mentioned. i hope it doesnt evolve alike. spoiler she hooks up with beast, he dies, she hooks up with almost all the male x-men and then they die, even prof x.

Carnage13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've decided to drop Uncanny and start reading Astonishing before the new run comes out. I cant believe how much has happened sins the last thing I read. Although to be truthful. The last thing I read was when Magneto ripped the adamantium from Wolverine during the big mutant battle.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: played exactly the same in the book i mentioned. i hope it doesnt evolve alike. spoiler she hooks up with beast, he dies, she hooks up with almost all the male x-men and then they die, even prof x.

Wow its sounds like jean is unlucky in love......

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jean Grey should just have an open relationship with all the male X-men. Makes it easier for everyone.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.