Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

All Female X Men

RizeOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RizeOracle

Has anyone else heard about this enigmatic 'all female' X Men title to debut in April? As far as I can ascertain, the series will simply be called 'X Men' (with no preceding adjective).

I noticed it on the Forbidden Planet webpage, but there seems to be little other information. Sadly, it appears Jean Grey will not be starring, the role instead going to her daughter. (Though the anti Jeanists will be pleased to hear it, if recent posts are anything to go by).

Sounds good though, finally a series without Wolverine! Any thoughts?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Best thing to happen since Morrison.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By dangallant984

Best thing to happen since Whedon.

Chaos Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Chaos Prime

Sounds Good

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#5  Edited By x_29

Sounds promising.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dangallant984

@RizeOracle:

No Caption Provided

I'm actually really glad they didn't call it X-women; these are X-men, every one of them. Plus that title would definitely write them into a corner, eventually.

I'm also actually glad they went with this line up; besides being an all-star cast, these characters were all main characters at different points throughout the 80's, which gives the team a very distinct and definitive flavour -I actually noticed that before anything else, so this may be one time when I feel that newer characters might have watered it down..

As far as how many other books these characters are in, I could really care less. This is probably the only X-book I'll read where any of these characters get any proper focus.

And, honestly, the creative team alone has me interested. Wood has already shown he has a much better grasp on many of these characters than most writers, especially Storm, which is enough to get me excited.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC

Sneak a couple of the younger female X-Men characters in for certain arcs and this could be the best X-Book. Maybe Surge or Mercury not all the time but occasionally.

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mutant God

I don't care for Jubilee on the team

RizeOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RizeOracle

@dangallant984: I'm kinda glad they didn't call it 'X Women' as well... though I think a preceding adjective might have been useful to help distinguish it from other X titles. It should be good. Not that I typically read much X Men, but definately plan to take a look at this. What's more, I have wanted to read about Psylocke for some time; she looks like a good character, but I don't know that much about her.

Two qualms from looking at this cover. Firstly, where is Jean? I know, I know, loads of people hate Jean, but is she was the original X Woman! Also, what, prey tell, is going on with Storm's hair?!

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceIMC

@RizeOracle said:

@dangallant984: I'm kinda glad they didn't call it 'X Women' as well... though I think a preceding adjective might have been useful to help distinguish it from other X titles. It should be good. Not that I typically read much X Men, but definately plan to take a look at this. What's more, I have wanted to read about Psylocke for some time; she looks like a good character, but I don't know that much about her.

Two qualms from looking at this cover. Firstly, where is Jean? I know, I know, loads of people hate Jean, but is she was the original X Woman! Also, what, prey tell, is going on with Storm's hair?!

Storm had Wolverine help her shave her head in the new Uncanny X-Force. I guess she's going back to her 80's mohawk look to be more edgy. Jean is kinda crucial in the All-New X-Men so we don't need her in this book too. Psylocke is also in Uncanny X-Force with Storm if you're interested in reading more about her.

chocobojam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By chocobojam

Please dont hate Jean. Hate the writers instead.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

I will definitely pick up this title. AND I'm glad that neither Emma or Jean are in this series. Love both female characters but it's time to let the other girls shine and I think having these women in one book will be good for each of them. That being said I wish they didn't choose to add Jubilee I'd much rather have seen Pixie in this series. I loved hers and Storms relationship in the previous X-Men series, and she was growing as a character. Now she's stuck in limbo :( dislike.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Decoy Elite

I'm looking forward to it.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dangallant984

@IllyanaRasputin said:

I will definitely pick up this title. AND I'm glad that neither Emma or Jean are in this series. Love both female characters but it's time to let the other girls shine and I think having these women in one book will be good for each of them. That being said I wish they didn't choose to add Jubilee I'd much rather have seen Pixie in this series. I loved hers and Storms relationship in the previous X-Men series, and she was growing as a character. Now she's stuck in limbo :( dislike.

There's no doubt in my mind that Pixie will be in this book eventually, but I like that they started with this cast as the impetus or basis for this team.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By PrinceIMC

@dangallant984 said:

@IllyanaRasputin said:

There's no doubt in my mind that Pixie will be in this book eventually, but I like that they started with this cast as the basis for this team.

No not Pixie.....or X-23....can't we have Surge, Mercury, Dust or Loa?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dangallant984

@PrinceIMC said:

No not Pixie.....or X-23....can't we have Surge, Mercury, Dust or Loa?

I wouldn't mind seeing Mercury, Dust, or Loa either.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@PrinceIMC: I feel if they had Surge, Mercury Dust or even Loa the writers would treat them like students and not actually treat them as peers to the "X-Men". However they did begin to treat Pixie like she was at par with them. (even though she's younger than most of the females I just listed). But it would be nice to see those girls make some cameos in the series, I am missing Surge! She was one of my favourite new recruits. Marvel make us happy and relaunch an New X-Men series! :D

RizeOracle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RizeOracle

Thank you to PrinceIMC to explaining Storm's mohawk... gotta say, not a fan.

As for chocobojam's post. Hey, I'm with you. Big Jean Grey fan, I've just noticed that she seems to get a lot of hatred. I guess a lot of writers have misused her character over the years.

I am also pleased that Emma Frost isn't in it, but I am a bit gutted that Jean is not, though I take the point that she is in the 'All New XMen'. I do think that she would be better in this series than Rachel or Jubilee though.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Both Pixie and Roxanne Washington (along with some some other ff female heroes) will be appearing in the first issue.

Win.

IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

@RizeOracle said:

As for chocobojam's post. Hey, I'm with you. Big Jean Grey fan, I've just noticed that she seems to get a lot of hatred. I guess a lot of writers have misused her character over the years.

I am also pleased that Emma Frost isn't in it, but I am a bit gutted that Jean is not, though I take the point that she is in the 'All New XMen'. I do think that she would be better in this series than Rachel or Jubilee though.

Disagree with your last statement. Rachel is a far more complex character than Jean when it comes to her as a character. I'm glad Rachel's being put in the spotlight because all she's been is a teacher at the school and they've done hardly anything with her character since she was out in space. That being said I can't wait to see Rachel being in this group.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By XsPectre28

all set for this, i feel that the roster is good, maybe shoulda added scarlet witch since she claims to want to follow xavier's example but overall a good fit they all know each other & have been on other teams with each other so they will gel well as a unit also hopefully they will pull them from the other teams they are on to focus mainly on this core team.... until cyclops returns lol

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By dangallant984

@IllyanaRasputin said:

@RizeOracle said:

Disagree with your last statement. Rachel is a far more complex character than Jean when it comes to her as a character. I'm glad Rachel's being put in the spotlight because all she's been is a teacher at the school and they've done hardly anything with her character since she was out in space. That being said I can't wait to see Rachel being in this group.

me too.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Dman1366

@AgeofHurricane said:

Best thing to happen since Morrison.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll reserve judgment until I read it.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By jhazzroucher

Girl Power! : )

DarkxSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DarkxSeraph

Gah. Pixie. *gag* All I can think about when seeing that character is her in limbo yelling at Ilyana for turning her evil.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Veitha

@AgeofHurricane said:

Both Pixie and Roxanne Washington (along with some some other ff female heroes) will be appearing in the first issue.

Win.

Really? I'm happy to see Roxanne back, I liked her a lot.

Carinthar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Carinthar
    No Caption Provided

Hopefully Cipher makes an appearance. I always see her walking around the halls of the Jean Grey School. I just want a writer to give her some spotlight. Racial diversity is seriously lacking in comics. She could be used to highlight the growth of Kitty's character. Kitty could relate to Cipher's power set and possibly mentor her. Storm would possibly see her value and offer her a small role on the team, like an X-intern.

Avatar image for deactivated-5791595859013
    deactivated-5791595859013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After seeing Marvel Divas I am still very skeptical about this title. I really do hope the group has a real purpose to be a team other than to complain about the X-Guys and go shopping.

There are a lot of niche favs and criminally underused characters involved so I really hope they are given a chance the shine for the first time in a long while.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30  Edited By poisonfleur

@dangallant984 said:

No Caption Provided

@RizeOracle:

I'm actually really glad they didn't call it X-women; these are X-men, every one of them. Plus that title would definitely write them into a corner, eventually.

I'm also actually glad they went with this line up; besides being an all-star cast, these characters were all main characters at different points throughout the 80's, which gives the team a very distinct and definitive flavour -I actually noticed that before anything else, so this may be one time when I feel that newer characters might have watered it down..

As far as how many other books these characters are in, I could really care less. This is probably the only X-book I'll read where any of these characters get any proper focus.

And, honestly, the creative team alone has me interested. Wood has already shown he has a much better grasp on many of these characters than most writers, especially Storm, which is enough to get me excited.

You summed this is quite well!^ That's Exactly how I feel.

I have to say tho-- THIS IS ROGUE'S LAST CHANCE FOR ME TO LIKE HER AGAIN... Goshhh-- Her character has fallen farther from grace than Elektra has- Heck-- Even Kitty & Ms.Marvel became more interesting than her over the years

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dangallant984

@poisonfleur: Thanks!

but, in my eyes, KITTY WAS ALWAYS COOOOL!!

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Decoy Elite

The best part about this book is that I don't know much about most of the characters so it'll be a nice surprise to see just how awesome they are.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By dangallant984

@Decoy Elite said:

The best part about this book is that I don't know much about most of the characters so it'll be a nice surprise to see just how awesome they are.

y'know, I actually kind of envy you for that.

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Walzo

I'm excited, I like that Marvel is putting out female books. And by Brian Wood and Oliver Coipel? Don't need much more.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#35  Edited By McKlayn

I got to agree with every one who mentioned the whole X women thing, it would be an insult to call these women X women, they are just as big X men as anyone else if not bigger then most.

Also to the OP, Jean is dead. Sorry to break it to you, and yes i know the young her is back but that story is being self contained pretty well and i think it should be. Its not the most favorable story in the world and well i dont think it would make alot of sense for the original 5 to be getting comfortable and joining other teams when they (at least in character wise) plan to go back at some point in time, and plan on doing it rather soon from the way they talk. So yea Also Rachel is a bad ass, she is very under used and appreciated by the fan base. Jubilee is a fun character and will be a good read I am VERY excited for this book.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By evilvegeta74

This has been long overdue, I hope it last for decades.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#37  Edited By Teerack

I wish Rachel got a new look like Storm and psylock. I'm sock of the world's straightest lesbian look.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
    Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By Yung ANcient One

XX-Men sounds promising. Can't wait for the review. I was originally planning on getting the rED Hulk TBolts but reviews change my mind. Hopefully this one is a good read. The ladies look good together.

(+)

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dangallant984

@Carinthar said:

No Caption Provided

Hopefully Cipher makes an appearance. I always see her walking around the halls of the Jean Grey School. I just want a writer to give her some spotlight. Racial diversity is seriously lacking in comics. She could be used to highlight the growth of Kitty's character. Kitty could relate to Cipher's power set and possibly mentor her. Storm would possibly see her value and offer her a small role on the team, like an X-intern.

I would love to see more of Cipher! wastefully underused character, in my opinion.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jhazzroucher

I hope they change Kitty's costume

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.