Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Age of X vs Age of Apocalypse -- Which did you enjoy more?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
    deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Poll Age of X vs Age of Apocalypse -- Which did you enjoy more? (21 votes)

Age of X 38%
    Age of Apocalypse 62%
    Age of X
    Age of X
    Age of Apocalypse
    Age of Apocalypse

• 
    Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

There were some stories in Age of Apocalypse that I enjoyed more...but it wasn't really coherent for me. I actually hate going back to it because I usually need a directory to help figure it all out..and some of those stories aren't as good.

Age of X is alot more straight forward though and easier to follow so I'd say I enjoy it more then the original Age of Apocalypse.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to say AoA cause it's the classic. But, I will reread both to judge by quality of storytelling for a change.

Avatar image for magnetowasalwaysright
    MagnetoWasAlwaysRight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think both were good, but I like Age of X more.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Age of X hands down......

xrs10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love AOA. Love it! But... I agree with someone else on here that said it is just too convoluted to make me think of it as a good piece of storytelling. AOX was nice because it was a good read and easy enough to follow (not that I need spoonfeeding, but I like to just go back and read something without getting out a list of what comes first and second and then all the tie ins and the likes)

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

yea Age of X was just cleaner, due to it being a smaller event and only one writer involved but still that counts for alot. Most of AoA just felt hard to keep up with, and a bit twisted and just confusing at times

Mandarinestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

AOA was good until they decided to kill all the protagonists.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AoA is trite poo.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I feel like AoA had a much more interesting premise.. but I disliked the art in most of the books, and the overall story was kind of all over the place.

AoX had a much less interesting premise, to me, but the art was wonderful and the story just felt more solid.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
    EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AOA!

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Age of Apocalypse.

McKlayn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

I feel like AoA had a much more interesting premise.. but I disliked the art in most of the books, and the overall story was kind of all over the place.

AoX had a much less interesting premise, to me, but the art was wonderful and the story just felt more solid.

I think its more the size of the event that makes AOA so clustered, they had several books telling several different sub stories some of which had little if any to do with the main story, so rereading that is just confusing for most new readers. While AoX is clean, a few stories you can read from start to front and be satisfied you know everything you need to by the end

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Age Of X cuz Basilisk.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

Really, Age of X is doing better than Age of Apocalypse. Age of Apocalypse much better than Age of X. AOA is one of the best story arcs of all time. I mean we had Magneto rips Apocalypse apart. It doesn't get better than that.

Geforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Geforce

@time said:

Really, Age of X is doing better than Age of Apocalypse. Age of Apocalypse much better than Age of X. AOA is one of the best story arcs of all time. I mean we had Magneto rips Apocalypse apart. It doesn't get better than that.

I agree. Age of Apocalypse is Classic. Plus I love the way Magneto was portrayed as a hero.

Nightlocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Age of Apocalypse defined an era in comics for me. The whole universe was transformed by Legion's meddling...my only initial peeve was that Psylocke completely disappeared...even though she was 1 of the 4 mutants pulled back in time to confront legion. Of course she came out of the shadows in the 10 year reunion, but still.

Age of X was intriguing and yet again involved Legion...but the story was limited to the imaginary walls. I thought the art was lovely and the depiction of certain heroes was a welcome change, but it just didn't go all the way there, y'know?

Drizzle1030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Drizzle1030

@nightlocke: i was peeved about psylocke not being there as well... but blink held down her spot for me in the AoA series

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.