AFTER House of M

#1 Posted by tylertothemax (91 posts) - - Show Bio

what is a MUST read? theres so much stuff, i dont know where to start. any suggestions?

#2 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

Nothing, really. House Of M is what caused the (actual) fall of the X-Men in terms of grace and quality writing, after that, it's just one money-making event after the other, filled to the brim with boring plot points and Wolverine in every other panel.

#3 Posted by The Myth (554 posts) - - Show Bio

Age of X

#4 Posted by stambo42 (161 posts) - - Show Bio

Messiah Complex was more memorable than Age of X, and that one TPB Supernovas was a pretty fun lead into that, along with "Blinded By The Light" Which I've found is easier to dig up in issue form than as a TPB. Other than that Uncanny X-Force is your best read, start from the beginning on that.

#5 Posted by broo1232 (1520 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh, Schism, Second Coming?

#6 Posted by Dman1366 (738 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I really liked after House of M was Second Coming, but the X-Books really went downhill from House of M. Although lately, I have been enjoying UXF, UXM, and WatX.

#7 Posted by tylertothemax (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane: haha dang really? well i was a DC guy for a while but with 52, Countdown, Infinite, Brightest, and Darkest, i was just so lost. So i got into Marvel and read all of the New Avengers until Power Loss and i guess they went to Volume 2? Which i didn't figure out until recently. So now i'm reading backwards from the start of the New Avengers. I just read Civil War, Avengers Disassembled, and House of M. Just trying to figure out what i'm missing

and i do like X-men, but theres also a lot of different X-men; New, Ultimate, etc. Just trying to fill in the pieces.

#8 Posted by borges (65 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped reading after House of M, upon hearing the news of Now! -- I figured I'd attempt to catch up; I was planning on reading decimation/messiah complex/second coming but it's hard to care, events seem rather effete. This is probably the best treatment if you're up to date with M; then again, you could just as easily read over the summaries.  

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.