Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

Add 3 more ladies to Guggenheim's X-men

• 74 results
    jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

So we have Storm, Psylocke, M, Rachel and Jubilee

No Caption Provided

If we can add 3 more x-ladies to the roster, who would you want it to be?

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
    Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Moonlighterstone

I will add three potentials to this panel. Jean Grey, Rogue, and Dazzle.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Rogue, Domino, and Wolfsbane.

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue, Kitty and X-23

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Kitty Pryde

2. Karma or Emma Frost

3. Rogue or Scarlet Witch

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Kitty
    2. Rogue
    3. Emma/Warbird(mostly because their facing shiar next)

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

I will add X-23, Rogue and Jean.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
    ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ShadowSwordmaster

Wolfsbane , Pixie , and Armor.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54
    deactivated-5e385ee5c8c54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well rogue was already there and left lol. Although ideally I would add rogue jean and dazzler as well but remove monet. No need for a 2nd rate telepath/telekinetic with jean rachel and psylocke on the team lol

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I'd take out Jubilee and add, Pixie, Surge, Dust, Magma.

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd have to add Magma, Moonstar, and Armor. Isn't Pixie supposed to be joining this group?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The truth has been spoken.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I say add Dani Moonstar, Sage and bring back Rogue.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@moonlighterstone said:

These three ladies, plus one more in the form of Dani Moonstar.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@ms-lola: Agreed, what happened to her anyway?

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
    deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@malachi_munroe: I really don't know. Last I saw her was in the cancelled Defenders' title that had Valkyrie at the helm. I hope she shows up somewhere soon (if she hasn't already).

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#17 vance_astro  Moderator

Did Jubilee get her powers back because if not I would rather her be replaced than any members simply added.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By poisonfleur

Sensible to the story: Rouge, Pixie, Bling/Cypher
    Wish: Sage/Lifeguard, Rogue, Yukio

Absolute NOTS: Domino, Emma Frost, Jean

Honestly I just want The Sisterhood back

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ms-lola said:

@malachi_munroe: I really don't know. Last I saw her was in the cancelled Defenders' title that had Valkyrie at the helm. I hope she shows up somewhere soon (if she hasn't already).

Ahh i see :/

Did Jubilee get her powers back because if not I would rather her be replaced than any members simply added.

On the cover(?) or whatever it was i saw the other day she did have something resembling plasmoids radiating from her hand but i can't be so sure .. i do hope she got them back though.

darthphoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By darthphoenix

kitty,magik and magma

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope the X-Men and the Fearless and Defenders have a crossover(even though it is canceled). Maybe they can be featured in an arc with the X-Men? Hopefully the arc will involve Siryn aka the Morrigan. That would be great! Monet and Dani reuniting with their friend Siryn. Also, the original Banshee who is now a horseman of death can be involved. This arc should probably make him fully resurrected back to his old self (Maybe Siryn will have a part in cleansing him and I want to see his reaction as she is now a death goddess).

On topic: Husk(Hopefully, more power development because her power development in WATXM was interesting), Karma, Magma(We can see her use her powers in cool ways).

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viperians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shebba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

@moonlighterstone said:

THIS

+3 and only cause they are the original x men and they are also my favorites.

Twinblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shebba said:

@viperians said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@moonlighterstone said:

THIS

+3 and only cause they are the original x men and they are also my favorites.

this

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultimatekey: whats going on with husk now?

Apparently, everytime she rips off her skin, her personality changes to match the skin she changes into. It caused her to become bipolar, insane, and depressed easily. However, it is fixed now and it is a cause of a secondary mutation, according to Beast. So hopefully, this means that Husk can shapeshift into different people with the personality to match

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ultimatekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ultimatekey

@ultimatekey: yikes .. now i really wanna see her!

Yeah, and you will be surprised to find out that due to this secondary mutation, she became a bad guy and started a relationship with Toad. However, after Toad ripped off all of her skin, she does not remember anything, not including her turning evil or having a relationship with Toad. So, if Husk is feeling sad or depressed, she rips her skin off and becomes a brand new person as in her mood changes to a different emotion like happiness. Her powerset is interesting. She did have the potential to turn into different creatures, but I think that idea was dropped. LOL, I remember when she first joined Generation X and she was sweaty from her morning run and she ripped off her skin to avoid taking a shower. (She thought it would be useful, better, and quicker this way.) Jubilee thought that was gross.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#29  Edited By oldnightcrawler
    No Caption Provided

First off, I really think this is a great team, even with just these five characters. They haven't been in a lot of great stories yet, but between the way their disparate personalities and intersecting histories interact, I honestly feel that, put in a few more good stories, they could have a really strong and distinct group dynamic.

Originally I was going to suggest Kitty, Emmaand Rogue because those are my 3 favorite female X-men who aren't already on this team, but the more i think about it, the more I'm not sure what they would add to the group dynamic.. and two of them are already in books I like anyway.

Something I like about this team is the sort of surprising inclusion of Monet who was a favorite character in Generation X and X-Factor. She's always been a character I liked and it was pretty exciting for me that she joined this team. Plus it made me that much more excited about having Jubilee on the team, since they always had such a fun dynamic.

If I were thinking of characters that could really add something distinct to the group dynamic , I think I'd be more inclined to suggest Husk, who has both a distinct personality and power-set from the rest of the team, and obviously plays well off of both Jubilee and M, and/or Pixie and/or Cipher, both of whom would have already been operating in some capacity with this team.

Like I say though, I already really like this team as is, so even if some of these other characters were just supporting cast members, I'd be cool with that too.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found this odd when I saw the preview. Either the artist made a mistake or yeah, it looks like they may be giving her powers back...? I think it would be great if she got them back and retained her vampire abilities.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@thunderbolt30 said:

@vance_astro said:

I found this odd when I saw the preview. Either the artist made a mistake or yeah, it looks like they may be giving her powers back...? I think it would be great if she got them back and retained her vampire abilities.

I just want her to be a regular mutant again. Storm is the only mutant I liked as a Vampire.

Flavalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Flavalon

@vance_astro said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@vance_astro said:

I just want her to be a regular mutant again. Storm is the only mutant I liked as a Vampire.

I agree with you, but I prefer neither none of them to be as a vampire. Jubilee need to hurry up and change back to mutant because this is getting irritated.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vance_astro  Moderator

@flavalon said:

I agree with you, but I prefer neither none of them to be as a vampire. Jubilee need to hurry up and change back to mutant because this is getting irritated.

In the normal continuity I agree. Earth-616 Storm shouldn't be a Vampire but "Bloodstorm" is a cool alternate universe version of Storm. As far as Jubilee goes I don't think being a vampire adds any coolness or edge to Jubilee's character. She's a product of the 90's, she's edgy enough. I think having her be a mother adds more to her character than Vampirism did.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flavalon said:

In the normal continuity I agree. Earth-616 Storm shouldn't be a Vampire but "Bloodstorm" is a cool alternate universe version of Storm. As far as Jubilee goes I don't think being a vampire adds any coolness or edge to Jubilee's character. She's a product of the 90's, she's edgy enough. I think having her be a mother adds more to her character than Vampirism did.

I totally agree with this.

That said, nothing I liked about Jubilee had anything to do with her original powers, which were kind of boring (and frankly far less interesting than any X-man before her).

At least being a vampire gives her something none of the other X-men have; honestly I don't even see why people have a problem with it.

Flavalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Flavalon

My biggest complaint about this book, is that they are using the same women in all the books. If I didn't know better I would swear that there were no other X-Women around.

As for Jubilee, I actually liked her. Probably because she was the focus of the X-Men during the period I started reading them. I also once had every issue of Generation X. But seriously, vampires? The vampire thing is so transparent. Marvel, we all know why you're doing this, and stealing a scene from Buffy isn't going to help your lack of creativity, either. So instead of hating them for being mutants, now (Earth 616) people can say they hate them for being blood-sucking vampires. And I'm not into that kinda thing. It's so lame to see the Twilight cash in attempt. The Jubilee I would like to see is in this image below. Of COURSE, you have your own opinion just like I have mine.

No Caption Provided

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vance_astro  Moderator

@oldnightcrawler said:

That said, nothing I liked about Jubilee had anything to do with her original powers, which were kind of boring (and frankly far less interesting than any X-man before her).

At least being a vampire gives her something none of the other X-men have; honestly I don't even see why people have a problem with it.

What I liked about Jubilee wasn't her powers but those powers did make her unique. It was like when Brian Reed decided to take the carapace away from Arana and then later she became Spider-Girl.Her powers were incredibly basic superhuman physical ability. I liked her as a character aside from the carapace but it was a unique feature of the character. Jubilee's powers may seem boring but I find most powers boring and there are few exceptions. Cyclops, Storm, Armor, Gambit, Rogue, Legion, Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Darwin, & Husk are the only X-men I think have powers that are as interesting as they are or their powers add to how interesting I find them. Being a vampire makes her different from other mutants because she's not one but it's not a powerset in the Marvel Universe that's only unique to her, there are tons of vampires. Her name is JUBILATION LEE for god's sake. She's stuck with one of the most unimaginative and ridiculous names in comic history just to make some association to what her powers are but she's a vampire? Don't like it!

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will pick Rogue and Scarlet Witch from UA and Polaris.

Frozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scarlet Witch, Rogue, and Wiccan lol.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler said:

What I liked about Jubilee wasn't her powers but those powers did make her unique. It was like when Brian Reed decided to take the carapace away from Arana and then later she became Spider-Girl.Her powers were incredibly basic superhuman physical ability. I liked her as a character aside from the carapace but it was a unique feature of the character. Jubilee's powers may seem boring but I find most powers boring and there are few exceptions. Cyclops, Storm, Armor, Gambit, Rogue, Legion, Scarlet Witch, Magneto, Darwin, & Husk are the only X-men I think have powers that are as interesting as they are or their powers add to how interesting I find them. Being a vampire makes her different from other mutants because she's not one but it's not a powerset in the Marvel Universe that's only unique to her, there are tons of vampires. Her name is JUBILATION LEE for god's sake. She's stuck with one of the most unimaginative and ridiculous names in comic history just to make some association to what her powers are but she's a vampire? Don't like it!

1. Jubilee shouldn't have to have mutant powers to be on the X-men, it's not her powers that make them her people. They took her in when she had no one, they're her family.

2. yeah, there's lots of other vampires in fiction in general. She's still by far the only vampire on the X-men. and it's still just a more interesting and versatile power-set than she's ever had. Which are the only two things I care about in this matter.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 vance_astro  Moderator

@oldnightcrawler said:

1. Jubilee shouldn't have to have mutant powers to be on the X-men, it's not her powers that make them her people. They took her in when she had no one, they're her family.

She shouldn't but she already did. It would be different if she was introduced as a non-mutant.

2. yeah, there's lots of other vampires in fiction in general. She's still by far the only vampire on the X-men. and it's still just a more interesting and versatile power-set than she's ever had. Which are the only two things I care about in this matter.

I don't see what's "interesting" to you about Jubilee being a vampire but that's just my opinion. I think her original powers were better.

DarkDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DarkDay

@oldnightcrawler said:

@vance_astro said:

@flavalon said:

Kinda agree with all of this honestly, though I feel like it would be interesting if she just gets a new powerset. We could sort of pull a Betsy without the body switch. I'd stick with the concept of her and explosions but make the way those explosions happen more interesting and versatile. Maybe she creates unstable exotic matter or something and she can use it as projectiles, maybe even build with it a'la Iceman, but eventually no matter what it just goes boom. I don't know honestly, but I feel like with new mutants popping up, at some point former mutants should probably start getting their powers back or maybe new powers.

Edit: If I'm adding 3, my three are

Rogue

Dazzler

and Nocturne.

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkday said:

@oldnightcrawler said:

Kinda agree with all of this honestly, though I feel like it would be interesting if she just gets a new powerset. We could sort of pull a Betsy without the body switch. I'd stick with the concept of her and explosions but make the way those explosions happen more interesting and versatile. Maybe she creates unstable exotic matter or something and she can use it as projectiles, maybe even build with it a'la Iceman, but eventually no matter what it just goes boom. I don't know honestly, but I feel like with new mutants popping up, at some point former mutants should probably start getting their powers back or maybe new powers.

yeah, but even just being a mutant vampire gives her the potential for lots of different power-sets, including many that are rarely used in popular vampire fiction, and just about any combination of which would be more interesting than her original mutant powers.

Selina_Sublime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Selina_Sublime

I don't like the idea of mutants being vampires (or magicians or descendants of Lucifer for that matter) and its part of the reason why I think the X-Men in a separate universe wouldn't be such a bad idea. They just seem like messy amalgamations.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@selina_sublime: great post!!! I agree with this completely. Crossing over into the magic world etc takes away the unique aspects of the franchise imo.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 vance_astro  Moderator

I don't like the idea of mutants being vampires (or magicians or descendants of Lucifer for that matter) and its part of the reason why I think the X-Men in a separate universe wouldn't be such a bad idea. They just seem like messy amalgamations.

I agree with you accept for on the separate universe thing. The X-Men already exist in the multiverse it wouldn't serve any purpose or make any sense for their true incarnation to only appear outside of Earth-616.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: You dont think the current 616 has become to crowded? Or too redundant? There's nothing unique or distinctive anymore. Previously I had been against the Xmen being in a seperate universe but honestly now Im almost to the point of wishing for this. The constant crossovers and events every other issue have contributed immensely to this feeling.

I know it would be hard to make sense of, but with all the time-travel and phoenix stories with alternate realities, it should be fairly easy to pull off and explain away.

Again this is just my personal opinion but a seperate X-verse would be a breath of fresh air.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 vance_astro  Moderator

@hawk2916 said:

@vance_astro: You dont think the current 616 has become to crowded? Or too redundant? There's nothing unique or distinctive anymore. Previously I had been against the Xmen being in a seperate universe but honestly now Im almost to the point of wishing for this. The constant crossovers and events every other issue have contributed immensely to this feeling.

I know it would be hard to make sense of, but with all the time-travel and phoenix stories with alternate realities, it should be fairly easy to pull off and explain away.

Again this is just my personal opinion but a seperate X-verse would be a breath of fresh air.

Crowded? No. You can never have too many characters especially considering that Marvel was founded before either of us was even born. You need fresh faces. Redundant? Yes, but ANY universe that Marvel creates would become that if it's in constant use. When your fictional universe has been running strong for this long and you have an obligation to re-invent characters and resell them to different audiences, redundancy is inevitable.If Marvel removed the X-Men from Earth-616 the crossovers & events wouldn't stop. That's Marvel's new money train in terms of selling their books. Look at the Ultimate Universe. Their events aren't as constant but they are there. The X-Men are too popular to not be promoted the same way as their other properties. Business wise it just would make sense to separate the X-Men from their main universe.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: Hmmmm. I tend to disagree. I think there are actually too many Xmen and too many Avengers in the marvel u. I mean the villains dont have a chance, which I guess is why we have to settle now for the heroes fighting each other lol. I get what you mean about re-inventing for new audiences. But, and Ive said this before, its hard to sell me on the idea that mutants are hated and Captain America and iron man are loved. If you hate superpowers as a baseline human then you do. I'm a simple guy and I guess I just lean to something simple as hating those with superpowers not liking some and hating others. But again that's me.

My main reason for wanting the Xmen in a seperate universe is because Im one of those fans with a persecution complex if you will. I dont think the xmen are treated and promoted right by marvel. I dont think they are promoted like the other properties and the only franchise treated worse is the Fantastic Four. Im sure seperating the Xmen into their own universe wont stop the Marvel crossover's but if they were self-contained in their own universe at least the Xmen wouldn't be part of it, so it would cut down on it somewhat. Maybe they'd be in their own crossover's which is not as bad as being in yearly events with the Avengers and now GOTG for god sake's!!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 vance_astro  Moderator

@hawk2916 said:

@vance_astro: Hmmmm. I tend to disagree. I think there are actually too many Xmen and too many Avengers in the marvel u. I mean the villains dont have a chance, which I guess is why we have to settle now for the heroes fighting each other lol. I get what you mean about re-inventing for new audiences. But, and Ive said this before, its hard to sell me on the idea that mutants are hated and Captain America and iron man are loved. If you hate superpowers as a baseline human then you do. I'm a simple guy and I guess I just lean to something simple as hating those with superpowers not liking some and hating others. But again that's me.

My main reason for wanting the Xmen in a seperate universe is because Im one of those fans with a persecution complex if you will. I dont think the xmen are treated and promoted right by marvel. I dont think they are promoted like the other properties and the only franchise treated worse is the Fantastic Four. Im sure seperating the Xmen into their own universe wont stop the Marvel crossover's but if they were self-contained in their own universe at least the Xmen wouldn't be part of it, so it would cut down on it somewhat. Maybe they'd be in their own crossover's which is not as bad as being in yearly events with the Avengers and now GOTG for god sake's!!

There's actually way more villains than X-Men or Avengers and I don't think these characters are "fighting each other" because the villains aren't good enough or because there isn't enough of them because if you haven't been paying attention the villains have been doing a very good job of what they've been created for. I guess we're only settling for heroes fighting heroes because that's the cycle that Marvel's events work on. During House of M a hero (Scarlet Witch) took the villain role, then during Civil War & Initiative the heroes were against each other, then Secret Invasion happened in they had to face a bigger enemy, the events of that lead to Dark Reign & Siege where again it was heroes vs. villains, then Avengers vs. X-men back to heroes vs. Heroes, that's just how things work.

As far as why mutants are hated and characters like Captain America & Iron Man are loved is because the hatred of mutants is simply racism, it doesn't have anything to do with super powers. That's why characters like Graydon Creed were created, to help perpetuate hate against the homo-superior species. Mutants have been demonized in society to be viewed as a threat to mankind. Captain America on the other hand isn't another species he wasn't born anything else, he's human and so is Tony Stark but they aren't absolved from any idea that THEY could also be a threat to humankind, thus Civil War.

The X-men is Marvel's biggest property aside from Spider-Man & The Avengers. I don't know how they are being treated poorly or under-promoted. There are several X-men books on the shelves right now including the solo series of Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops. The X-men also have events of their own that don't involve The Avengers or the Marvel Universe as a whole on occasion. I don't know what more you want Marvel to do for them. The Avengers have the same thing going for them. A few books and a few solo hero books..the Avengers just have more popular solo entities but they always have.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 vance_astro  Moderator

Oh and so I don't derail the thread my list would be....

1.Husk
    2.Magma
    3.Dust

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.