Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

A new X-Men cartoon in the works?

• 87 results
    oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By oraclefyre

They always have Logan, Scott, Storm and Jean on the team. Since the new Avengers cartoon is following in the same vein as the movie, they might go for the movie line-up. Along with Rogue and maybe Gambit. I'm not sure about Emma. She needs to start out as a villain like in the comics. The reason I like Emma is watching her character development.

tg1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By tg1982

@War Killer said:

@ReVamp said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

It's not going to be good.

Marvel animation has devolved into kiddy bullsh*t that doesn't even want to be entertaining for someone over the age of five.

^ This.

...Agreed.

Just to go against the flow though, I still have hope.

Same for me when it comes to Avengers Assemble. I want it to be good, but with Marvel's current track record it's hard to even have hope at this point... v__v

I agree with you whole heartedly. I'm mad they canceled Avengers: EMH, but maybe, just maybe, Avengers Assemble will be decent? Maybe even, dare I say, good? But I won't hold my breath.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#53  Edited By lorex

If it actually happens I will be interested to see it before eI judge it but I have a sinking suspission we are going to have a heavy dose of Wolverine crammed down our throats rather than any team stories. 
    I would not mind if they did not go back to rehash the clasic story lines but maybe start arount the time of Messiah Complex and move forward.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#54  Edited By TDK_1997

Marvel make good cartoons once in 10 years and the already made Avengers EMH and they are going to cancel it,so all TV Shows that they make in the close 10 years will suck.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#55  Edited By TheCannon

@TheAnnihilator said:

@TheCannon said:

If it isn't as good as Wolverine and the X-men, I will not be happy. I don't think any X-men series could top the 90s series.

Dude. It's really not that good. It is near unwatchable now, it really doesn't hold up. And you're 12, how would you even know?

I watched reruns on Jetix, watched more episodes online, then got all the DVDs they made for the 90s series (I think all. If not all most). What is it with people saying just because I'm twelve I can't be watching the 90s series?

MadRooster81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By MadRooster81

It's either not going to be any good or it is but they reused the same stories they did for all the other series and it's just boring.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

If they do make a new X-Men cartoon series, I hope that's it's something different and not reuse the Dark Phoenix Saga again because that's been done over a million times already.  I want to see an X-Men cartoon that is based off of Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men. I know there's a motion comic series of Astonishing X-Men, but I want a fully animated version of this series.

htb106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By htb106

I'd like to see a really good X- men cartoon, I enjoyed wolverine and the X- men and hopefully I'll like this just as much.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Blood1991

I'll watch it with hope and in 6 months watch as Marvel crushes my spirit by cancelling it for a new X-Men cartoon that is based in the Ultimate Spiderman universe....

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@TheCannon said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@TheCannon said:

If it isn't as good as Wolverine and the X-men, I will not be happy. I don't think any X-men series could top the 90s series.

Dude. It's really not that good. It is near unwatchable now, it really doesn't hold up. And you're 12, how would you even know?

I watched reruns on Jetix, watched more episodes online, then got all the DVDs they made for the 90s series (I think all. If not all most). What is it with people saying just because I'm twelve I can't be watching the 90s series?

Because you're too young to have watched it as a kid, when it came out, when it was good. The animation on that show is horrible. Felix the Cat and Steamboat Willie hold up better than it does.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TheCannon

@TheAnnihilator said:

Because you're too young to have watched it as a kid, when it came out, when it was good. The animation on that show is horrible. Felix the Cat and Steamboat Willie hold up better than it does.

I already said I have watched reruns!

theicon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By theicon

@oraclefyre: best of the best!

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@TheCannon said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

Whateeever you say

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @oraclefyre said:

They always have Logan, Scott, Storm and Jean on the team. Since the new Avengers cartoon is following in the same vein as the movie, they might go for the movie line-up. Along with Rogue and maybe Gambit. I'm not sure about Emma. She needs to start out as a villain like in the comics. The reason I like Emma is watching her character development.

I agree. I wish they have an X-Men that has different characters like Colossus, Nightcrawler, Shadowcat, Iceman, Angel, and many more! It would be nice to have a different cast in the cartoon series once in awhile.
    TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By TheCannon

@TheAnnihilator said:

@TheCannon said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

Whateeever you say

I watched the show! What is so hard to understand about that?

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By tomchu

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@TheCannon said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@TheCannon said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

Whateeever you say

Its not hard to understand...but I do have to say that the show is not as good as Wolverine and the X-Men. Heck I liked X-Men Evolution better but that's just me. Its not animation its just the story.

Now Spider-Man 1994 is truly classic that is the best show ever I Love IT!

Maybe its because its the contemporary feel of the X-Men?

X-Men in the 90s never had to deal with teaching kids how to control their powers and provide a sanctuary for mutants, only stop by and save the world from Sinister, Apocalypse and Magneto.

Evolution gave us the "school" element that Grant Morrison's New X-Men had.

Wolvie + the X-Men had all the mutant hate elements.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheCannon

@BlueLantern1995 said:

It depends on what kind of mode I'm in for whether I like Spider-man (1994) or X-men (1992) more. I spent all of last summer watching X-men (Actually, it was more like a month). I started to only be thinking about the X-men. However, in 2008 when I would watch reruns of Spider-man (1994), X-men (1992), The incredible Hulk (1996), Superman: TAS, and Batman: TAS, my favorite part of the night (or morning, depending on the day) was when Spidey would come on, so I liked that more. Right now, I don't really know which one I like more. Right now, I think I like EMH more than either of them.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@tomchu said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

@TheCannon said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@TheCannon said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

Whateeever you say

Its not hard to understand...but I do have to say that the show is not as good as Wolverine and the X-Men. Heck I liked X-Men Evolution better but that's just me. Its not animation its just the story.

Maybe its because its the contemporary feel of the X-Men?

X-Men in the 90s never had to deal with teaching kids how to control their powers and provide a sanctuary for mutants, only stop by and save the world from Sinister, Apocalypse and Magneto.

Evolution gave us the "school" element that Grant Morrison's New X-Men had.

Wolvie + the X-Men had all the mutant hate elements.

I think people's fondness of it is pure nostalgia.

windcaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By windcaster

I can't decided if the new X-Men show should be a school full of our favorite X-students or not. If its true then I think they should do something like the Giant-Size X-Men or a merger of the New X-Men and Astonishing series. Does anybody know if they are set in the same universe? Like most people I remain skeptical yet hopeful about the show.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
    Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_
    No Caption Provided
    SamL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SamL

A new X-Men cartoon could be cool, if it was well done.

MyraMyraMyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By MyraMyraMyra

Bring it on. I have enjoyed all animated series so far, even the ones that were just okay at best.

I just hope that they don't try to bite way more than they can chew this time. That was my problem with Wolverine and the X-Men; the show had its moments, but overall it was a bit of a hot mess because it was trying cram almost all the famous villains and important story arcs into one season. I hope the new show will pick a focus and stick with it instead of trying to do too many things at the same time.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Rabbitearsblog
    @MyraMyraMyra said:

Bring it on. I have enjoyed all animated series so far, even the ones that were just okay at best.

I just hope that they don't try to bite way more than they can chew this time. That was my problem with Wolverine and the X-Men; the show had its moments, but overall it was a bit of a hot mess because it was trying cram almost all the famous villains and important story arcs into one season. I hope the new show will pick a focus and stick with it instead of trying to do too many things at the same time.

I agree. I hope that the first season of the new cartoon just focuses on trying to establish a story instead of cramming in everything at one time and not being able to get to know the characters.
    Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#74  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

It won't be tter than XMEN evolution or WandtheXmen

decarabas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#75  Edited By decarabas

I'm actually really looking forward to it. The X-Men cartoons all have a special place in my heart, haha.

I would like to see them incorporating new, lesser-known characters, though. Rachel Grey, for example. She's been in the comics for quite a while and I've never seen her in the cartoons. It would be fun to see the New X-Men kids, too, though I doubt that would happen...

And new villains... So very fed up of Magneto...

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By oraclefyre

They've done the same line-up to death. I'll cop flack for this, but I want them to use the Young Justice formula. A sort of Mentor-Student thing. I want to see the well-known line-up rather older and passing on the reigns to the younger Mutants.

I'd love to see a young Mirage, Siryn, Monet, the Gunthries, Jamie Maddrox, Sunspot and and perhaps a younger non-character-derailment Bishop. There's just so many characters who haven't had their due.

Skaddix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Skaddix

They always tend to go with the big guns. Unlike DC who does big guns and others. Still I figure they go with the school format, although something more experimental like Genosha could be good.

unicornpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#78  Edited By unicornpuncher

Theyll have to use all the classic iconic characters to get people to watch. Unfortunatley, no one will watch if its all a bunch of B roster characters. Thats better for comics and already made fans

vampyP19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By vampyP19

Part of me is excited for it, the other part wants to shoot the producers in the face (not that I would -- or know how) because there's about a 95% chance of them screwing this up, given Marvel's recent track record, although the X-Men anime wasn't horrible, IMO.

Honestly, I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another motion-comic like Astonishing X-Men. The animation in that really freaked me out for some reason.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Tyrus

I just want the writers to keep it simple like the good old 90's cartoon that had me lay down in bed, on my ipod watching the entire series in less than a month...

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Duke_Nasty

They should start with season six of the 90's show. Same team, similar voice actors in HD.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@vampyP19 said:

Part of me is excited for it, the other part wants to shoot the producers in the face (not that I would -- or know how) because there's about a 95% chance of them screwing this up, given Marvel's recent track record, although the X-Men anime wasn't horrible, IMO.

Honestly, I just hope it doesn't turn out to be another motion-comic like Astonishing X-Men. The animation in that really freaked me out for some reason.

Me too. To be honest, I really wanted Astonishing X-Men to be fully animated and not a motion comic. Sometimes the animation of the motion comics just doesn't sit too well with me.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That makes sense. Marvel needs to create another series in order to move more merchandise, such as DVDs, action figures and recruit new fans to spend money on their stuff. So they'll use the same characters that generally get used and a few of the ones on the current comic lineup to build interest in them (like Emma Frost, Angel and possibly Pixie).

vampyP19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By vampyP19

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@vampyP19 said:

Me too. To be honest, I really wanted Astonishing X-Men to be fully animated and not a motion comic. Sometimes the animation of the motion comics just doesn't sit too well with me.

Yeah, I was really excited when I found Astonishing X-Men on Netflix livestream. I thought it was some X-Men animated movie that had gone straight to DVD, but then when I started to watch it, I thought I was going to have nightmares. The eyes moving especially freaked me out.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

@vampyP19 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@vampyP19 said:

Yeah, I was really excited when I found Astonishing X-Men on Netflix livestream. I thought it was some X-Men animated movie that had gone straight to DVD, but then when I started to watch it, I thought I was going to have nightmares. The eyes moving especially freaked me out.

Oh yeah! And what about whenever the characters moved their mouths? I admit that in Astonishing X-Men Gifted when Colossus opened his mouth when he was beating up Ord looked a bit scary animated that way.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Rabbitearsblog: @vampyP19 said:

@Rabbitearsblog said:

@vampyP19 said:

It's kind of funny to me because the animation style reminded me of the original Marvel cartoons that ran in the 1960's. Here is a trailer for the new Avengers movie made with clips from the older shows and a link to Captain America's first cartoon. I am not old enough to have seen these when they were out, but I saw a few of them years later. Notice how the lips are often the only part of the face that was animated, with only one or two moving images per scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjwBfgDVUS0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaSX7U6vcVQ&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL8C9E1B919FA5D601

Thorion88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#87  Edited By Thorion88

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

It's not going to be good.

Marvel animation has devolved into kiddy bullsh*t that doesn't even want to be entertaining for someone over the age of five.

^ This.

Those

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.