Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

A few questions about the current state of things in Uncanny

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Ok so I know quite a few of us are reading Uncanny and lately the action has picked up. But there are a few questions I have because I know quite a few on this board are quite knowledgeable about the explanations of certain events.

1. What is the mutant revolution? Or has that idea been shelved?

2.What is the situation with Magik and Limbo? Is it contained within her, and if she's all-powerful in that dimension does that make her an Omega-level mutant now?

3. Is Dazzler dead? Eyes opened, was stated somewhere that she was poisoned.

4. Will Mystique join the team? Forgetting all the other stuff with Mystique in WATX and Astonishing, she has sabotaged S.H.I.E.L.D attempts at dealing with mutants by taking out Dazzler (the liaison). Also what happened in her meeting with Magneto? After that meeting the next we see of her, she's following Hydra and still trying to acquire Madripoor. Wouldn't that be a perfect place for Cyclops' team to hide or even to spark a mutant revolution? And if she's looking to join a team taking over a place like this depending on her plans for it could be a great way to re-introduce yourself, similar to how Magneto saving Kitty gained him entrance. Or am I overthinking it and just need to realize that Mystique just wants power?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

For questions 1 and 2: I certainly wouldn't put it past Bendis to overtly forget one of his own plots, even the the most crucial, but i think he's slowly biding time before the big crux. Obvs, he's been wasting time with every single issue leading up to BOTA, with traces and hints of the coming "Revolution" here and there but Scott and co. just happen to be pressed with other "serious" matters, so i'm told. Also, Dazzler can't die, something to do with her mutation. She's immortal. And Bendis would never kill her (lol). Probs just rendering her inert for the time being until Mystique (ffs) can do w.e the heck she's about to do.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Seriously, though, i cannot take Mystique seriously anymore. Her and her brotherhood of evil floozies.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

@hawk2916 said:

1. What is the mutant revolution? Or has that idea been shelved?

I think the long and the short of the revolution is standing up for mutants being treated like second class citizens, unjustly detained, and even hunted by their own governments. Primarily, these characters are outlaws for not allowing themselves to be persecuted by the agencies of authority that should be there to protect them. If one's own government has condemned them as a criminal just because of how they were born, I think publicly standing up to that authority is a just cause, and, historically, the reason behind most revolutions.

2.What is the situation with Magik and Limbo? Is it contained within her, and if she's all-powerful in that dimension does that make her an Omega-level mutant now?

It hasn't really been explained yet, as far as I've seen, but I don't know if her being all powerful in Limbo would translate to her being all powerful with Limbo in her. If Limbo is in her, and she is less powerful on earth, than it could be just as likely that whatever power she has over Limbo is actually hindered by her presence on earth. Either way, Magik's already crazy powerful, so who knows if it will even make a difference.

3. Is Dazzler dead? Eyes opened, was stated somewhere that she was poisoned.

hadn't even considered it, actually. I doubt it, but I don't really give a toss either way, myself. I liked her being an agent of SHIELD, that was kind of cool, but Mystique pretending to be her being an agent of SHIELD is way more interesting to me.Because, y'know, Mystique's a more interesting character, and doing stuff like that is kind of why.

I never really feel like I can tell what angle Mystique's playing. Obviously there's some grand schemes going on, but if I knew what Mystique's actual goal was in all of that, that's when she would lose her, y'know, mystique..

*chuckle*

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@ageofhurricane: never knew or heard that about dazzler. That shes immortal.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916: Indeed she is, since Claremont's Excalibur or even earlier than that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.