Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13415 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

A few Questions about BotA

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
    HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

(these are just a few theories)

I dont know if you picked up on this but in the series future Deadpool mentions he doesn't recognize any of Cyclops's students except Goldballs. Doesn't that mean something horrible like them dying happens in the future? Although they did show a future Tempus when Dazzler became president. Also if teen jean grey powers continue to grow and get out of control. Shes staying with the new x-kids at Xavier school could she be responsible for accidentally killing them and that would explain the Xorn helmet as punishment??? Oh also teen jean hinted that one of the Original x-men(the teens) does something really horrible but she didn't know which one. (I know some of you are going to say its an alternate reality but it could happen in the 616, we just dont know yet)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Can we please forget this bs event ever happened? I just try to forget it and hopefully it's just largely ignored by all the books from now on

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm hoping it's Deadpool just being forgetful but I wouldn't rule out them killing of Cyke's team at some point. I feel as if these students are just filler until they decide to do something bigger. It's a shame too because I'm really liking his students.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

Can we please forget this bs event ever happened? I just try to forget it and hopefully it's just largely ignored by all the books from now on

lol i thought you liked BotA?

I'm hoping it's Deadpool just being forgetful but I wouldn't rule out them killing of Cyke's team at some point. I feel as if these students are just filler until they decide to do something bigger. It's a shame too because I'm really liking his students.

I like all the students too especially Tempus and Triage, oh and hijack has an awesome power too

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

I know this is abit off-topic but does anyone think adult-iceman looks silly in ice wearing pant/shorts on top???

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just saying with the up coming "trial of Jean Grey", mixed with jean grey's past, it does not look good for teen jean grey and im still waiting to see which one of the O5 is apparently going to do something bad and it looks like jean grey will be the one(because i dont see iceman, beast or angel doing that except teen scott might and would be a close second)

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture:

Yeah its stupid. I dont care for all the spikes either. I'm still a fan of the smooth silver surfer iceman look. The trial of Jean Grey is yet another bad premise as this has been done already, even Rachel grey went through something of a trial/summers genocide with the Shiar. This has been done!!! Why are we doing it again?!!

In all honesty I just hope the O5 go back home. Its a bad premise not well thought out and just plain ridiculous.

I guess to answer the question about who may do something bad, I'd say if anyone it would be Beast with his time travel and experiments or maybe Angel causes the rebirth of Apocalypse again and becomes Archangel

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916:

I hardly doubt teen angel would became Archangel, that sega is hopefully over with. Although now that you mentioned it Beast sometimes well turns into a beast brain, so. Although the obvious choice is jean grey because she always loses her temper, lol.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hawk2916 said:

@hopesummersforthefuture: yea. like i said I just want this nightmare over with. Send the O5 home

I bet if the O5 all-new x-men didnt sell well then marvel would have sent them home during BotA but since sells are good, i guess they will keep them alittle while or until the stories run out

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I'm really liking them too. I'm not really individually attached to any of them too much yet, but I'm digging the book as a whole, so I'm glad I gave them a chance.

all new student characters end up like that really, killed off or leaving the team, but they almost all end up coming back eventually anyway.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

I'm really liking them too. I'm not really individually attached to any of them too much yet, but I'm digging the book as a whole, so I'm glad I gave them a chance.

all new student characters end up like that really, killed off or leaving the team, but they almost all end up coming back eventually anyway.

lol deadpool(in BotA) mentioned that Goldballs becomes one heck of a hero or was he lying and making fun of him???

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldnightcrawler

lol deadpool(in BotA) mentioned that Goldballs becomes one heck of a hero or was he lying and making fun of him???

mm.. didn't Wolverine say basically the same thing about Beak in Here Comes Tomorrow?

I think after Claremont foreshadowed Kitty becoming a great hero while she was still a new character (in Days of Future Past), other writers have wanted to do the same with their creations. I mean, it worked especially well in DoFP because we actually meet Kitty as a hero in the future before she's really done anything as a kid, and then she actually became the main character for the next five years, so, y'know, he pulled it off.

And I mean, Deadpool, he knows he's in a comic book, right? so it seems like the kind of joke he could get away with.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

mm.. didn't Wolverine say basically the same thing about Beak in Here Comes Tomorrow?

I think after Claremont foreshadowed Kitty becoming a great hero while she was still a new character (in Days of Future Past), other writers have wanted to do the same with their creations. I mean, it worked especially well in DoFP because we actually meet Kitty as a hero in the future before she's really done anything as a kid, and then she actually became the main character for the next five years, so, y'know, he pulled it off.

And I mean, Deadpool, he knows he's in a comic book, right? so it seems like the kind of joke he could get away with.

I think with Wolverine saying it about Beak is that Beak (and angel) won an award in the ribbon ceremony (or whatever it was they were doing before school was out). So did the (4)Cuckoos. Is that what wolverine was referring to in HCT? I think so.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@arturocalakayvee said:

I'm attached to them as a group, I think they have the potential to be a real awesome team in the future. Like their own crew of X-Men similar to New Mutants/New X-Men were. Healing, Time Freeze, Goldballs, and more ... it makes for some good stories. I hope these characters stick around for a long long time.

I honestly wouldn't mind if Goldballs became "one heck of a hero" because I feel like if you're really creative, there's a lot you can do with this mutation of this

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm attached to them as a group, I think they have the potential to be a real awesome team in the future. Like their own crew of X-Men similar to New Mutants/New X-Men were. Healing, Time Freeze, Goldballs, and more ... it makes for some good stories. I hope these characters stick around for a long long time.

I like how all of their powers are pretty quirky and non-traditional. They're powerful, sure, but not punch-through-stuff powerful; there's no strong guy, no flyers, etc.. They're the types of powers that don't come combat-ready, which I like because they have to be both more resourceful and written more creatively.

That in itself gives them a really distinct group dynamic among X-men teams. And their story has been good, admittedly, much better than I expected.

I just meant that with such a large cast, none of the new characters has especially stood out for me yet. I like Deeds. And Hijack seems interesting. I think I might just need to see them interact among each other more to get a sense of them, and of their dynamic as a group. The next issue of Uncanny' looks to have them off on their own, so maybe we'll get more of that then.

I think with Wolverine saying it about Beak is that Beak (and angel) won an award in the ribbon ceremony (or whatever it was they were doing before school was out). So did the (4)Cuckoos. Is that what wolverine was referring to in HCT? I think so.

no, I'm thinking of Wolverine talking to Beak's grandson in that messed up future story, that was HCT, wasn't it?

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no, I'm thinking of Wolverine talking to Beak's grandson in that messed up future story, that was HCT, wasn't it?

Yeah I mean his grandson Tito was saying something like "I knew I'd mess up....Grandad's gonna be laffin' down at me... Never could live up... to a hero like that....Legacy like that.." Then Wolverine goes "Kid, yer about three feet taller then yer grandad. If ya only knew. Just let youself go...ya did good. "

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By oldnightcrawler

Yeah I mean his grandson Tito was saying something like "I knew I'd mess up....Grandad's gonna be laffin' down at me... Never could live up... to a hero like that....Legacy like that.." Then Wolverine goes "Kid, yer about three feet taller then yer grandad. If ya only knew. Just let youself go...ya did good. "

yeah, I think that's the one I'm talking about. Anyway, my point was, when it comes to alternate futures, it's all just a theory until you actually see it.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, I think that's the one I'm talking about. Anyway, my point was, when it comes to alternate futures, it's all just a theory until you actually see it.

Yeah true i hate all this alternate stuff now like BotA said Dazzler would be president or in X-men: the end kitty was supposed to be president, writers keep changing the future so you dont know what is going to happen until it happens, lol. Or jean becoming Xorn and they dont really explain it, what made her go bad except for the her powers were becoming out of control. I'm glad to see the "future" brotherhood again in all-new x-men 25-26, I hope they dont get stuck here too, lol. Also Magik wanting revenge on grandkid Xavier

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Where are the solicitations that say the future brotherhood will be appearing in ANXM 25-26 ? I haven't found anything.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Eeshaan1685
    oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah true i hate all this alternate stuff now like BotA said Dazzler would be president or in X-men: the end kitty was supposed to be president, writers keep changing the future so you dont know what is going to happen until it happens, lol. Or jean becoming Xorn and they dont really explain it, what made her go bad except for the her powers were becoming out of control. I'm glad to see the "future" brotherhood again in all-new x-men 25-26, I hope they dont get stuck here too, lol. Also Magik wanting revenge on grandkid Xavier

yeah, well.. in a practical story sense, you don't really want to know the future, right? I mean, every alternate future is only a possibility to begin with, but in actuality, none of them will ever actually happen; once something is established as a possible future, it basically rules it out from ever actually coming to bare.

Sure, some things might happen in the present that are reminiscent of futures we've seen in the past, but those futures will never actually play out the way they are first introduced.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldnightcrawler:

Like people on Comicvine are waiting for ruby summers to be born but it was in a future/alternate so it may happen or not. I wonder if the Avengers have alternate future possibilities too or is it just the x-men with the whole timeline craziness(cable and rachel come to mind and now even hope saw her future self become stryfe and now the real stryfe kidnaped her and Bishop in x-force vendetta).

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: there's alternate/possible future stories for just about every major superhero, definitely all the major teams; it's a pretty established trope at this point.

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hopesummersforthefuture: there's alternate/possible future stories for just about every major superhero, definitely all the major teams; it's a pretty established trope at this point.

Oh ok thanks i dont read much of the Avengers. I'm an x-men fan(use all my money on x-men comicbooks and graphic novels :) but i read the avengers at the library Graphic novel section sometimes, lol. Although The avengers: Children's Crusade was good on youtube but it just tried to make the Scarlett Witch not accountable for her actions. Although it was great that Cyclops wanted to take wanda into x-men custody and magneto/captain america wouldnt let him. Then cyclops said if she gets out of control again/attacks the mutant race he would end her life. Bunch(avengers) of meanies. Its funny how Captain America excuses the Scarlett witch because shes an a avengers(its bad PR) and she was sort of out of her mind. Cyclops gets punnish for killing Xavier when he was out of his mind. Glad Cyclops was Right. Avengers are hipocrates.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By XsPectre28

the whole Trial of Jean Grey is a Sham....... It was never Jean Grey that destroyed those galaxies it was the Phoenix in her form..... NO ONE in the comic verse seems to address this same as when they say jean has died so many time, Jean Grey has only died once when Magneto/Xorn killed her... GOSH lol

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the whole Trial of Jean Grey is a Sham....... It was never Jean Grey that destroyed those galaxies it was the Phoenix in her form..... NO ONE in the comic verse seems to address this same as when they say jean has died so many time, Jean Grey has only died once when Magneto/Xorn killed her... GOSH lol

Yeah totally agree but my theory was that teen jean said in BotA that one of the O5 teens well stay in the present and do something horrible but she doesnt know which one. Also i hope its not teen jean because she already has alot of drama with the phoenix(it pretending to be her). Although Jean has a history with losing her temper like Xorn/jean or fighting with emma when she found out about the affair. Or maybe its just just hear say. Although it was kind of odd that Deadpool mentined that he didnt reconize any of the x-kids(except goldballs), even tempus asked jean if any future x-men looked like them and jean said she doesnt know them(scotts students). Maybe this wiil be ignored by bendis which is funny since bendis wrote all that mess, lol. Like i said before jean is my favorite and i hope its not her because she has a bad rep already with the phoenix(even though it wasnt her). I guess we have to wait and see. Plus i cant wait for uncanny x-men 18 because bendis said on tumblr that it will have alot of drama with cyclops, tempus, jean and kitty(he said it a while back and he keeps telling fans to look out for that one).

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By XsPectre28

@xspectre28 said:

Yeah totally agree but my theory was that teen jean said in BotA that one of the O5 teens well stay in the present and do something horrible but she doesnt know which one. Also i hope its not teen jean because she already has alot of drama with the phoenix(it pretending to be her). Although Jean has a history with losing her temper like Xorn/jean or fighting with emma when she found out about the affair. Or maybe its just just hear say. Although it was kind of odd that Deadpool mentined that he didnt reconize any of the x-kids(except goldballs), even tempus asked jean if any future x-men looked like them and jean said she doesnt know them(scotts students). Maybe this wiil be ignored by bendis which is funny since bendis wrote all that mess, lol. Like i said before jean is my favorite and i hope its not her because she has a bad rep already with the phoenix(even though it wasnt her). I guess we have to wait and see. Plus i cant wait for uncanny x-men 18 because bendis said on tumblr that it will have alot of drama with cyclops, tempus, jean and kitty(he said it a while back and he keeps telling fans to look out for that one).

BotA should not have happened too much was already going on in the x-men & this story only complicated things more. adult jean should return to send the O5 back to the past & if thats the case that Deadpool didnt remember none of the the students then send them back to the past with the O5. honestly that should be what happens all of the students in the present should return to the past with the O5 to revamp the whole X-series.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a great observation - I never noticed that but now, there does seem to be an inclination for writers to do this.

With Deadpool's comment about not recognizing the others, I kind of shrugged that off. I mean, it's Deadpool. An X-Man with a name like Goldballs is going to keep his attention anyway, whether he becomes a legend in the future or not. :)

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe. It'll all depend if a future writer wants to use tHis material.

June'sVeryOwn

HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th said:

Maybe. It'll all depend if a future writer wants to use tHis material.

June'sVeryOwn

Yeah i guess its a wait and see.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.