Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

A complete reversal of roles for the O5, how would that work ?

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eeshaan1685

So, lets say the O5 want to find out the other side of the story, the side that they cannot get from biased people like current Beast & Logan. They find out exactly what went on with Cyclops and why the current version is where he is at, his and the professor's entire history from his point of view.

Then they have a change of heart, with some serious doubts about Xavier's dream, being too pacifist etc. A more forceful approach is required in the fight for mutant rights. So with this in mind, they go back to their own time and Jean does not let Xavier mindwipe them. it's a huge WHAT IF.

As a result of that, it's an alternate timeline where Scott, Jean, Bobby, Warren and Hank are members of the Brotherhood of Mutants, with Magneto as their mentor. Cable, Cannonball, Banshee, Longshot & Dazzler etc. as the Mutant Liberation Front, etc.

A complete turn-around for the O5 and other old X-teams. Would a scenario like this work out ? I know it sounds crazy but, if they wanna give us a title called "All-New X-Men", why not make it ALL-NEW for REAL ?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By dangallant984

@Avenger85: I like the idea that they'll go to their own universe with the intention to do things differently, but I don't think that means that they should join Magneto's brotherhood. It could mean a lot of different things.

Cyclops may want to track down his brother and Darwin to prevent the death of their team. Or they might try to find Banshee or Emma before they become villains. Storm, Colossus, Thunderbird, and Nightcrawler would be the same age as them, why not try to get them on board earlier?

Tracking down Wolverine while Jean's still a kid would probably prevent him from falling in love with her, thus establishing an entirely different team dynamic, although if he didn't want to take orders from Cyclops in his twenties, I guess he'd be even less likely to take them from a teenager. But who knows? Maybe seeing where Xavier's training leads him, he'd track down Wolverine to be trained by him.

Whatever they do, though, I do get the feeling that the real All New feel will happen once they've returned to their world, and can actually make a fresh start.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@dangallant984: Yeah I agree with what you said.

Although a complete toss-up would be quite hilarious. And TBH, I expected something like that to happen, as this is written by Bendis .

Gabriel Summers ( with his sanity intact), Sebastian Shaw, Emma Frost, Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch ( yeah ) make Xavier's core X-Men team. Sabretooth, Mystique, Exodus, Pyro and Madelyn Pryor make Xavier's government-sanctioned X-Force/X-Factor hit squad.

While Alex Summers, Lorna Dane, Logan and Betsy Braddock are the Hellfire Club.

Something completely new and unforseen, that would give current 616 Beast a heart attack the moment he saw it.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dangallant984

@Avenger85: well, I'm all for surprising mix-'em-ups, but the examples you've given seem pretty random..

as much as I'd be interested in seeing a fresh new take on the story, I'd still only be interested if it actually made some kind of sense with the characters involved, and where they would have been at the time.

Avatar image for markus_langbourn
    Markus_Langbourn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Markus_Langbourn

Would never happen, Logan is the moral center of the Universe, and his judgment is infallible. Questioning Logan is akin to questioning righteousness itself.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@dangallant984: Yes i understand, that was just an example of some over-the-top shuffling of character origins that I would have liked to see.

And this being a comic, I'm sure the writers can always come up with a change in the origin for their characters.

For example ( as this is a HUGE reboot of the X-franchise ), the Phoenix Force takes control of Jean ( who is in th Brotherhood of Evil Mutants ), but when Sinister clones her, the clone ( Maddie) is actually good and sees that the man that her original self loves is a villain, so joins Xavier, instead of doing what the 616 Maddie did.

This is the kind of completely whacky stuff I wanted them to try in ANXM. Of course, it does not always have to make sense, a few laughs need to be had from time to time, eh ?

If drawn by Immoen or Marquez, then the expression of sheer terror on 616 Beasts face when he sees what he caused by pulling the O5 to the present REALLY achieved, would be worth it for the comedy value alone, IMHO.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dangallant984

@Avenger85: oh, don't get me wrong; it's the X-men, whackyness should ensue.

I just won't find it believable if the characters are so changed as to be unrecognisable. It's my main pet peeve with alternate realities; often they just take too many liberties with the characters for me to actually be interested in the story.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Eeshaan1685

@dangallant984: Yeah I get that. However, this would be the PERFECT way for Scott to get back at Beast for pulling them all to the present. Would be hilarious nonetheless.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.