Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

7 characters you would like to see marvel send packing

• 77 results
    time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

7 characters you would like see marvel sent packing or see less off.

Mine would be :

Cyclops- I would like to see less off him. I would like marvel to reduce his time in the spotlight

Emma Frost- All Emma frost has done so far is lived in Cyclops shadows. So if marvel don't do something with her character soon, I don't want to see her in the spotlight anymore.. She not really doing anything.

Namor- I hate this guy. Sent him packing.

Danger- Sent her packing

Warlock- Sent him packing

Broo - Sent him packing

Rachel Grey - Sent her packing and replace her with Jean Grey.

How about you guys, what characters would you like to see less of or marvel get rid off? Explain your reasons as well, if you want to.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Broo ? Send YOU packing, more like.

XsPectre28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By XsPectre28

wouldnt send any packing would rather have better stories and follow up stories. since there is no more Gen Hope they should restart the Young X-men/X-men series

Rachel & X-Man should come together to find a way to save Cable. Jean Grey Should Be Brought Back.

Focus more on other characters instead of the Extinction team, Wolverine, & Rogue. Ware Is Professor X & How does he feel about AVX

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

Time hating on Emma and Cyke? I'm shocked.

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Adnan
    @XsPectre28 said:

wouldnt send any packing would rather have better stories and follow up stories. since there is no more Gen Hope they should restart the Young X-men/X-men series

Rachel & X-Man should come together to find a way to save Cable. Jean Grey Should Be Brought Back.

Focus more on other characters instead of the Extinction team, Wolverine, & Rogue. Ware Is Professor X & How does he feel about AVX

Someone told me he's spending time with his son, but he'll be showing up in AvX.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By John Valentine

@Mercy_ said:

Approved.

1. Rogue.
    2. Jubilee.
    3. Frenzy.
    4. Mimic.
    5. Michael Pointer.
    6. Random.
    7. Crosta.
    Rickbarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rickbarry

I can't come up with seven, but I'd like to send Beast packing!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_
    @John Valentine Why Rogue?
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By John Valentine

@Mercy_ said:

@John Valentine Why Rogue?

She's just a fail of a character in my mind at the moment.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By Deranged Midget

What's with all the hate towards Scott and Namor?

You lack any explanation to why the characters should be rid of, merely a lazy "I hate said character"

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@Mercy_ said:

One of best characters Marvel has to offer IMO!

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#12  Edited By Joygirl

All of the Fantastic Four, Cyclops, Storm, Spider-Man. Come at me, bro.

Avatar image for hotsaucecommittee
    HotSauceCommittee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you do anything but spread negativity and hate on X-Men without any sound reasoning?

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @Joygirl said:
    LOL, NOT gonna happen, bro. 
    Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@XsPectre28 said:

Um....why would they need to save him? He's shown signs of having his powers or at least telepathy, and no longer has the T-O Virus thanks to Hope, so if anything it's gonna Messianic Cable all over again.

Dman1366

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dman1366

@AgeofHurricane said:

Broo ? Send YOU packing, more like.

hahahaha truth. Seriously? Namor? He's the first hero that Marvel had. Haters gonna hate

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

#17  Edited By Rabbitearsblog

Definitely Danger. I liked her in Astonishing X-Men, but I felt that she didn't really need to be a main character after that.

IkarosZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By IkarosZ

I would't want them to send anyone packing, but I could certainly do with a little less Wolverine. I get that he is ultra-popular but they don't need to have him star in half the X-books, and cameo in the half of the Marvel Universe.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AgeofHurricane
    @Rabbitearsblog said:

Definitely Danger. I liked her in Astonishing X-Men, but I felt that she didn't really need to be a main character after that.

True. She's just another villian that Gillen wanted to play around with, so he decided to make her a premiere hero.
    Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20  Edited By Kallarkz

@Joygirl said:

Do you simply post to incite an argument or have a well structured opinion to actually offer?

Your post here would not suggest the latter.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Joygirl

Reed (pansy who's too smart), Sue (kind of a skank), Thing (bothersome turd), Johnny (cocky jackass), Cyke (d***-monster), Storm (booooriiiiing), Spidey (stagnant and I'm tired of hearing him whine). Not so much compelling arguments as to why Marvel should boot them, I just don't like them and want them gone so I can stop hearing about how cool they all are.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By John Valentine

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@XsPectre28 said:

Um....why would they need to save him? He's shown signs of having his powers or at least telepathy, and no longer has the T-O Virus thanks to Hope, so if anything it's gonna Messianic Cable all over again.

My thoughts exactly.

@Deranged Midget said:

What's with all the hate towards Scott and Namor?

You lack any explanation to why the characters should be rid of, merely a lazy "I hate said character"

Classic Time!

chalkshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By chalkshark
    1. The Sub-Mariner--- Namor has never worked as an X-Man. It's clear that he's been shoehorned into the series. His presence adds nothing to the X-Men, nor does it serve his character. It could, but there's no real focus on Namor. He's been presented as a foil in Scott's relationship with Emma... and that's about it. When he's standing next to Magneto, I can't tell their personalities apart. Namor has worked great as an Avenger, even better as an Invader, and just about perfectly as a Defender. He's been nothing more than a face in the crowd in the X-Men. His character deserves better.
    2. Danger--- It may be blasphemous to knock Whedon's sole contribution to the team, but it's a bad character. Worse, it's a bad character concept. A sentient gymnasium. Clearly the writers don't know what to do with it, as it's been relegated to guard status. This thing should be fast tracked for villain status.
    3. Jubilee---Wolverine's sidekick was never as cute an idea as Claremont tried to make her. Vampire Jubilee is just sad. Instead of telling a story where a de-powered mutant deals with the loss of not only her powers, but her whole life and the friends that populated it, we get the lazy vampire conversion just to have her around.
    4. Warpath--- It's great that... years too late... Claremont had regrets about arbitrarily knocking off Thunderbird. Resurrecting him in the form of a, heretofore, unknown brother with the exact same power set was a serviceable, if redundant, solution. Doing nothing more with the character is actually kind of worse than just killing him. I liked Thunderbird. I want to like Warpath, but, to date, the writers haven't given me a reason to do so.
    5. Magneto--- He's phenomenal as a villain. Interesting as an X-Man. I'll take phenomenal over interesting every time. This guy used to be on the same level as Dr. Doom. He needs to be put back on the top shelf, rather than milling about in the back of crowd scenes on Utopia Island.
    6. The White Queen--- When Morrison put her on the team, it worked. It hasn't worked since he left. She's long overstayed her welcome, usurping Rachel Summers' rightful place, and to a lesser extent, Psylocke's. If she had gone off to teach at Wolverine's academy, I might have been okay with that. It would have kept consistency with one of the major tenets of the character. Playing super-hero with Scott's team just seems incongruous, and forced. Like Magneto, she's a phenomenal villain. Something the X-Men are in short supply of these days.
    7. Magik--- This one is total bias. I've never liked her. I've never liked a single page, that's ever been written, with her on it. No writer has ever been able to soften my opinion on her. No artist has ever made me think she looks "cool". I don't like her. Just don't. Nothing personal against those that do.
    cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By cattlebattle
    @chalkshark said:

1. The Sub-Mariner--- Namor has never worked as an X-Man. It's clear that he's been shoehorned into the series. His presence adds nothing to the X-Men, nor does it serve his character. It could, but there's no real focus on Namor. He's been presented as a foil in Scott's relationship with Emma... and that's about it. When he's standing next to Magneto, I can't tell their personalities apart. Namor has worked great as an Avenger, even better as an Invader, and just about perfectly as a Defender. He's been nothing more than a face in the crowd in the X-Men. His character deserves better.
    2. Danger--- It may be blasphemous to knock Whedon's sole contribution to the team, but it's a bad character. Worse, it's a bad character concept. A sentient gymnasium. Clearly the writers don't know what to do with it, as it's been relegated to guard status. This thing should be fast tracked for villain status.
    3. Magneto--- He's phenomenal as a villain. Interesting as an X-Man. I'll take phenomenal over interesting every time. This guy used to be on the same level as Dr. Doom. He needs to be put back on the top shelf, rather than milling about in the back of crowd scenes on Utopia Island
    I support these tumultuously .....

Deadpool--he was a blatant Deathstroke knock off that Joe Kelly made a worthwhile character, then apparently everyone failed that succeeded tried to recapture the humor of the book, now Deadpool is just an annoying, over saturated, pointless character that people claim to love...yet can give no reason as to why other than "he's funny". I despise the character and wish they would either turn him back into a villain that seldom showed up...or get rid of him altogether
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@Mercy_ said:

Someone's just jealous they don't own a Jetpack.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By jubilee042
    @John Valentine said:

@Mercy_ said:

Approved.

1. Rogue.
    2. Jubilee.
    3. Frenzy.
    4. Mimic.
    5. Michael Pointer.
    6. Random.
    7. Crosta.
    They already sent jubilee packing to my entire displeasure.
    papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By papad1992

@time said:

Mine would be :

Cyclops- I would like to see less off him. I would like marvel to reduce his time in the spotlight

Emma Frost- All Emma frost has done so far is lived in Cyclops shadows. So if marvel don't do something with her character soon, I don't want to see her in the spotlight anymore.. She not really doing anything.

Danger- Sent her packing

Broo - Sent him packing

How about you guys, what characters would you like to see less of or marvel get rid off? Explain your reasons as well, if you want to.

Again with all this hate but with no real backings to your hate! Why do u make these threads anyways? This is the second one you've created (to my recent knowledge) where you've picked something random and sought to demean it to nothing with no real reason's to your opinions! If you're gonna have others speculate... why don't you initially speculate yourself!?

aerokinesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By aerokinesis

Jubilee

Rogue

rocket raccoon

Quicksilver

beast

Mary Jane Watson

sentry

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@aerokinesis said:

Jubilee

Rogue

rocket raccoon

Quicksilver

beast

Mary Jane Watson

sentry

This is about X-Men, not Marvel in general.

knighthood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 49

#30  Edited By knighthood

@time said:

Mine would be :

Danger- Sent her packing

Broo - Sent him packing

Could you just mean to send the "Uncanny" X-Men packing? ha ha

I agree on Emma, Scott, Namor, and Danger. I would send "good" Magneto back to the dark side He should take Cyke, Emma, and Namor with him.

Sabretooth should be dead. Come on, he was beheaded. Keep the dead in the afterlife.

Beast should be sent packing to the Avengers.

I disagree with Rachel Grey. Keep Jean dead and Rachel in her place.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Joygirl said:

Reed (pansy who's too smart), Sue (kind of a skank), Thing (bothersome turd), Johnny (cocky jackass), Cyke (d***-monster), Storm (booooriiiiing), Spidey (stagnant and I'm tired of hearing him whine). Not so much compelling arguments as to why Marvel should boot them, I just don't like them and want them gone so I can stop hearing about how cool they all are.

I agree with Storm and your description of Cyclops, but do you read Fantastic Four? Sue has gotten MANY offers from other men, but has always stayed loyal to her geeky husband. Johnny is a cocky jackass, but that's what makes him who he is (and hilarious.) Reed and Thing descriptions are just off. If you're tired of hearing Spidey whine get the voices out of your head. Seriously, my doctor helped me with that big time.

(I know you may be trying to troll but I'm going with it for the hell of it.)

Broo?! BROO?! Explain yourself knave! (or wench)

aerokinesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By aerokinesis

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@aerokinesis said:

Jubilee

Rogue

rocket raccoon

Quicksilver

beast

Mary Jane Watson

sentry

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By John Valentine

@aerokinesis said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@aerokinesis said:

Jubilee

Rogue

rocket raccoon

Quicksilver

beast

Mary Jane Watson

sentry

ORIGINAL.

TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@aerokinesis said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@aerokinesis said:

Jubilee

Rogue

rocket raccoon

Quicksilver

beast

Mary Jane Watson

sentry

No I expected you to have common sense as this on an X-Men Board. But Common sense isn't common any more.

aerokinesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By aerokinesis

@John Valentine said:

@aerokinesis said:

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@aerokinesis said:

Jubilee

Rogue

rocket raccoon

Quicksilver

beast

Mary Jane Watson

sentry

ORIGINAL.

aerokinesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By aerokinesis

@TheGreyOutcastX: Um...first off hun other ppl are listing non xmen like sue reed thing spiderman ect...so please dont try to single me out...second off i know this is an xmen board...i just didn't think ppl would get so offfended by listing non xmen...its not that serious...smfh!

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Mutant God

Wolverine, Idie, Genesis, Kid Gladiator, Teon, Velocidad, Transonic

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By Maniac2312
    First thought when seeing this thread
    First thought when seeing this thread
    This relationship is the second
    This relationship is the second
    Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Maniac2312

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@aerokinesis said:

Jubilee

Rogue

rocket raccoon

Quicksilver

beast

Mary Jane Watson

sentry

In aerokinesis's defense, no where in the title OR op does it say anything about this being strictly X-Men, the fact that it's on the x-mens board gets lost in the shuffle when one goes to it off the newest topics page. In any event I stick to my choices. Think they should put Colossus back to no 'nought power levels tho, so I vote get rid of Colossolnought and bring back Peter......

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Joygirl

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Joygirl said:

I agree with Storm and your description of Cyclops, but do you read Fantastic Four? Sue has gotten MANY offers from other men, but has always stayed loyal to her geeky husband. Johnny is a cocky jackass, but that's what makes him who he is (and hilarious.) Reed and Thing descriptions are just off. If you're tired of hearing Spidey whine get the voices out of your head. Seriously, my doctor helped me with that big time.

I don't read much F4, no, because I don't like them. But I do hear about them, see guest appearances, cartoons, etc. Sue may be ultimately loyal but she seems to be very friendly with a multitude of other people... Reed putting up with it is what puts him on the list. Thing is a tired and sad character -- yes, we get it, you're hideous and made of rock. So are lots of people (in the Marvel universe). Get over it. Also, no, you'll never get with Sue Storm.

Spider-Man was coined for his "real life problems" and that's why I don't like him. Even while he beats up villains he's wondering how he'll pay his rent and that gets old. Also, because he is so iconic, he never changes. He is kept in a perpetual loop of Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy (who I have just noticed, both have two first names), and generally just being a wise-cracking kid that I would hate if I met in real life.

I didn't know we were supposed to have documented reasons for giving people the boot? This is just my opinion -- I understand that other people like them, but they rub me the wrong way. And no, I ain't trollin' boyee.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#41  Edited By ragdollpurps

Can't pick seven, but here are some who I think need a change or just less panel time.

Rogue- over-saturated with her now. Everything concerning her lately has been a big waaaah, waaaaah, waaaaah fest.

Emma- basically turned her into British Betsy-Lite. Psylocke brings the cool, (authentic-- not Boston-wannabe) British snark and sarcasm, without the bitchiness. Emma's supposed to bring the bitchy & snide comments. She needs more of her evil snark back, and if she's going to be the HBIC over at Utopia, she needs step up to Cyclops.

Pixie- just, ugh. No. Gtfo.

Dazzler- she has no point right now. She needs to be revamped into an awesome pop icon doubling as an X-Woman. Like Lady Gaga status, except a hell of a lot better... because that's how she's supposed to be.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Joygirl said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Joygirl said:

I don't read much F4, no, because I don't like them. But I do hear about them, see guest appearances, cartoons, etc. Sue may be ultimately loyal but she seems to be very friendly with a multitude of other people... Reed putting up with it is what puts him on the list. Thing is a tired and sad character -- yes, we get it, you're hideous and made of rock. So are lots of people (in the Marvel universe). Get over it. Also, no, you'll never get with Sue Storm.

Spider-Man was coined for his "real life problems" and that's why I don't like him. Even while he beats up villains he's wondering how he'll pay his rent and that gets old. Also, because he is so iconic, he never changes. He is kept in a perpetual loop of Mary Jane and Gwen Stacy (who I have just noticed, both have two first names), and generally just being a wise-cracking kid that I would hate if I met in real life.

I didn't know we were supposed to have documented reasons for giving people the boot? This is just my opinion -- I understand that other people like them, but they rub me the wrong way. And no, I ain't trollin' boyee.

Well then you only see very one note things of them then. Thing has moved past this and really doesn't complain about it too much. Did you read Ultimate Fantastic Four? Thing doesn't have feelings for Sue in 616. Reed is too lost on his own world to notice anyone coming on to Sue and she puts up with him. You don't really know enough about the Fantastic Four to complain about them apparently....

Spider-Man is awesome. I would get along great with him if I met him, but I guess that's because I'm a wise-cracking kid too. It's Mary-Jane Watson and Gwen Stacy. Just a side note, nothing meant by it. I guess it could be said they don't both have two first names? In a way they do...whatever haha.

Did I say you have to? I'm free to disagree with your opinion.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@ragdollpurps said:

Can't pick seven, but here are some who I think need a change or just less panel time.

Rogue- over-saturated with her now. Everything concerning her lately has been a big waaaah, waaaaah, waaaaah fest.

Emma- basically turned her into British Betsy-Lite. Psylocke brings the cool, (authentic-- not Boston-wannabe) British snark and sarcasm, without the bitchiness. Emma's supposed to bring the bitchy & snide comments. She needs more of her evil snark back, and if she's going to be the HBIC over at Utopia, she needs step up to Cyclops.

Dazzler- she has no point right now. She needs to be revamped into an awesome pop icon doubling as an X-Woman. Like Lady Gaga status, except a hell of a lot better... because that's how she's supposed to be.

I never understood the appeal to Pixie.

Avatar image for vampireselektor
    VampireSelektor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By VampireSelektor

@TheAnnihilator said:

@ragdollpurps said:

I never understood the appeal to Pixie.

Pixie had potential that lies in question after the X-writers decided to remove portions of her soul.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Joygirl

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Joygirl said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Joygirl said:

Well then you only see very one note things of them then. Thing has moved past this and really doesn't complain about it too much. Did you read Ultimate Fantastic Four? Thing doesn't have feelings for Sue in 616. Reed is too lost on his own world to notice anyone coming on to Sue and she puts up with him. You don't really know enough about the Fantastic Four to complain about them apparently....

Spider-Man is awesome. I would get along great with him if I met him, but I guess that's because I'm a wise-cracking kid too. It's Mary-Jane Watson and Gwen Stacy. Just a side note, nothing meant by it. I guess it could be said they don't both have two first names? In a way they do...whatever haha.

Feel free to. You still haven't made me like any of them any more.

Fact is, every character is someone's favorite.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BatteredArmor

Beast and Wolverine I have no qualms with any other character

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Blood1991

I wanna see less of Wolverine, Cyclops and Emma

Booting a charcter seems a little extreme so I want Pixie, X-Man, and Danger to go to Limbo for awhile until someone can come up with a way to make them semi cool.

I want Rouge to be a skrull and come back as her 90's incantation as my 7th

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Joygirl said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Joygirl said:

@TheAnnihilator said:

@Joygirl said:

Feel free to. You still haven't made me like any of them any more.

Fact is, every character is someone's favorite.

That isn't really the point. You seem to despise these characters for invalid reasons. The Fantastic Four anyway. You don't really have a reason to want them kicked off if you're almost completely unfamiliar with them as you've shown.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Joygirl

@TheAnnihilator: Eh. Maybe I'll try reading them sometime and see if I change my mind.

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@Joygirl: Well if they aren't you thing they aren't your thing. Give Hickman's stuff a try though, it's very good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.