22 of the toughest X-Men characters. Would you agree with this

#1 Edited by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

Following the advice of This thread is like open war. If All the characters were to fight against one another. Who would win, who would do the most damage and who would survive the longest and more importantly who is toughest. I don't just mean in terms of power, I also mean in terms of fighting hand to hand. You will see in the list that I have miss some characters out. Let me know what you think ?

1) Jean Grey (with or without the Phoenix)

2) Magneto

Magneto

3 )Charles Xavier

5) Storm
6) X-Man (full powered)
11) Iceman
13) Deadpool
14) Archangel
18 ) Monet
19 Cyclops
20) Boom Boom
21 Shatterstar
21 Madrox
21 Magik
22) Armor

4) Legion

5) Storm

6) 6) X-Man (full powered)

7) Cable (full powered)

8) Psylocke

9) Emma Frost

10) Rachel Grey/ Polaris

11) Iceman

12) Wolverine

13) Deadpool

14) Archangel

15) Colossus/ Namor

16) Rogue/Hope/X-23

17) Dust/ Kitty/ Vampire Jubilee

18) Kid Omega/ M

19) Bishop/ Cannoball/ Cyclops

20) Magma/ Husk/ Boom Boom/ Havok & Gambit

21) Warpath/Shatterstar/ Madrox & Maglik

22) Wolfsbane/ Armor

#2 Posted by kid Apollo (708 posts) - - Show Bio

if you can get a handle on him id say Legion for the win, assuming Jean doesnt have the phoenix

#3 Posted by tylertothemax (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: any other organization of this list would be super beneficial for reading, but any list with Cyclops can definitely use someone else. Warpath would destroy him.

#4 Posted by Veitha (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

H2H only I think that Logan wins. About pure power, Legion, Ice-Man or Jean for the win. If Magik developes her powers I think that she can also be in the Top 3.

But, yes these are the toughest x-men characters.

#5 Posted by Twentyfive (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool list, my friend.

#6 Posted by Ms. Omega (4403 posts) - - Show Bio

I would add Frenzy

#7 Posted by fodigg (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

Following the advice of This thread is like open war. If All the characters were to fight against one another. Who would win, who would do the most damage and who would survive the longest and more importantly who is toughest. I don't just mean in terms of power, I also mean in terms of fighting hand to hand. You will see in the list that I have miss some characters out. Let me know what you think ?

1) Jean Grey (with or without the Phoenix)

2) Magneto

3) Charles Xavier

4) Legion

5) Storm

6) X-Man (full powered)

7) Cable (full powered)

8) Psylocke

9) Emma Frost

10) Rachel Grey/ Polaris

11) Iceman

12) Wolverine

13) Deadpool

14) Archangel

15) Colossus/ Namor

16) Rogue/Hope/X-23

17) Dust/ Kitty/ Vampire Jubilee

18) Kid Omega/ M

19) Bishop/ Cannoball/ Cyclops

20) Magma/ Husk/ Boom Boom/ Havok & Gambit

21) Warpath/Shatterstar/ Madrox & Maglik

22) Wolfsbane/ Armor

It's a little hard to parse with the tied entries, but my only complaint is that you have Iceman too low, and the psychics should probably all be bundled near the top, as boring as that is for variety. Good list.

#8 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega said:

I would add Frenzy

Where would you put her ?

@Twentyfive said:

Cool list, my friend.

Thank you. I try to make it accurate.

@tylertothemax said:

@time: any other organization of this list would be super beneficial for reading, but any list with Cyclops can definitely use someone else. Warpath would destroy him.

Well I think that depends, If Warpath was closer to Cyclops than I think Warpath would beat him, but if Cyclops was further away, then Cyclops would have the advantage

#9 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@time said:

Following the advice of This thread is like open war. If All the characters were to fight against one another. Who would win, who would do the most damage and who would survive the longest and more importantly who is toughest. I don't just mean in terms of power, I also mean in terms of fighting hand to hand. You will see in the list that I have miss some characters out. Let me know what you think ?

1) Jean Grey (with or without the Phoenix)

2) Magneto

3) Charles Xavier

4) Legion

5) Storm

6) X-Man (full powered)

7) Cable (full powered)

8) Psylocke

9) Emma Frost

10) Rachel Grey/ Polaris

11) Iceman

12) Wolverine

13) Deadpool

14) Archangel

15) Colossus/ Namor

16) Rogue/Hope/X-23

17) Dust/ Kitty/ Vampire Jubilee

18) Kid Omega/ M

19) Bishop/ Cannoball/ Cyclops

20) Magma/ Husk/ Boom Boom/ Havok & Gambit

21) Warpath/Shatterstar/ Madrox & Maglik

22) Wolfsbane/ Armor

It's a little hard to parse with the tied entries, but my only complaint is that you have Iceman too low, and the psychics should probably all be bundled near the top, as boring as that is for variety. Good list.

Well I don't think Iceman is more powerful than

X-Man (full powered)

Cable (full powered)

Psylocke

Emma Frost

Rachel Grey & Polaris

Four of them are powerful telepaths and Polaris is pretty powerful too

#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (15045 posts) - - Show Bio

the final six for me

Legion

Storm

X-Man (full powered)

Cable (full powered)

Iceman

Magik

#11 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

I love that you have Dust here.

#12 Edited by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

I love that you have Dust here.

She's pretty tough, it's just a shame the X-Men writers don't use her enough.

@jhazzroucher said:

the final six for me

Legion

Storm

X-Man (full powered)

Cable (full powered)

Iceman

Magik

No Jean, Charles or Magneto. Really

#13 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: More truer words have not been read on Comic Vine. *sigh*

#14 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

@lykopis said:

@time: More truer words have not been read on Comic Vine. *sigh*

Same could be said for a lot of the X-Men characters.

#15 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

Darwin should be on here

#16 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

Darwin should be on here

Where would he go on the list?

#17 Posted by guttridgeb (4831 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: I'm not sure but pretty high, there are very few things that can take him down and even those those things he can survive by teleporting away

#18 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

@guttridgeb said:

@time: I'm not sure but pretty high, there are very few things that can take him down and even those those things he can survive by teleporting away

I hope you share your views on my other thread on general discussion forum, where I have listed the most powerful and toughest female characters in comics.

#19 Posted by tylertothemax (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: i didn't even see Warpath until you put this. i take back what i said then. Cyclops sill sucks.

22 X-Men is a lot though, at some point the list is gonna have some lackluster characters.

#20 Posted by tylertothemax (87 posts) - - Show Bio

@time: Idk, Warpath is pretty crafty, but i am definitely a Cyclops hater.

#21 Posted by fodigg (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

@tylertothemax said:

@fodigg: i didn't even see Warpath until you put this. i take back what i said then. Cyclops sill sucks.

22 X-Men is a lot though, at some point the list is gonna have some lackluster characters.

The images did make it a little hard to read the list. Unfortunately there's no easy way to do a list/image combo on ComicVine forum posts. You'd almost have to use the official list feature instead.

#22 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@tylertothemax said:

@fodigg: i didn't even see Warpath until you put this. i take back what i said then. Cyclops sill sucks.

22 X-Men is a lot though, at some point the list is gonna have some lackluster characters.

The images did make it a little hard to read the list. Unfortunately there's no easy way to do a list/image combo on ComicVine forum posts. You'd almost have to use the official list feature instead.

Adding pictures with a list on a thread. Is the most annoying thing to do on comic vine. Its' so hard to get it right.

#23 Posted by time (4841 posts) - - Show Bio

@tylertothemax said:

@time: Idk, Warpath is pretty crafty, but i am definitely a Cyclops hater.

I'm not a huge fan Cyclops either, not any more anyway. I use to like him a lot until Morrison came along and then Fraction.

#24 Posted by fodigg (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

@time said:

@fodigg said:

@tylertothemax said:

@fodigg: i didn't even see Warpath until you put this. i take back what i said then. Cyclops sill sucks.

22 X-Men is a lot though, at some point the list is gonna have some lackluster characters.

The images did make it a little hard to read the list. Unfortunately there's no easy way to do a list/image combo on ComicVine forum posts. You'd almost have to use the official list feature instead.

Adding pictures with a list on a thread. Is the most annoying thing to do on comic vine. Its' so hard to get it right.

Yeah, I usually give up and just do my bulleted/numbered list and then follow it with "small" sized images side-by-side underneath. But even that's not a perfect solution and sometimes it's annoying trying to get the order of the images right.

#25 Posted by Rickbarry (1752 posts) - - Show Bio

Psionic mutants are lame. Magneto wins with his version of a fastball special (Spinning Logan and Piotr for maximum damage.)

#26 Posted by greenteaforme (1826 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops doesn't belong on here in terms of "toughest".

#27 Edited by DurararaFTW (73 posts) - - Show Bio

1. Phoenix

2. Fullpowered Cable/X-Man

3. Legion

4. Magneto

5. Jean Grey

6. Xavier

7. Psylocke

8. Storm

9. Emma Frost

10. Rachel Grey

11. Polaris

12. Ice-Man

13. Namor

14. Hope

15. Rogue

16. Darwin

17. Wolverine

18. Bishop

19. Kid Omega

20. M

21. Vampire Jubilee

22. Deadpool

#28 Posted by Arkhamc1tizen (2113 posts) - - Show Bio

kid omega and evan should be higher

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.