Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

2010s, I dub thee: The Reboot Decade

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Takeshi55

Pretty much every comic I had interest in (bar the cancelled ones) have/are/going to be rebooted.

What is it with the 2010s which cause reboots? Comics which have been going on for decades are now going for a full, or semi-full reboot. Is it because the writers have written themselves into a corner? Or perhaps because of legal issues? Or are kids just not interested in reading such long franchises anymore?

Perhaps it's a mixture of all three, or maybe it's because comic series aren't meant to last as long as they do.

Avatar image for transformers1024
    Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I would post this on General Discussion or Off-Topic since this applies to more than just the X-Men.

It's also a revamp; not a reboot. But overall, I do agree with what your trying to say.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Takeshi55

@transformers1024 said:

It's also a revamp; not a reboot. But overall, I do agree with what your trying to say.

To me a revamp is a semi-reboot.

HAWK2916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@takeshi55: I'm thinking its all three. The creativity is nearly nonexistent these days or at least it seems to be. Hell I've seen more creative ideas stories and development on these boards than I've seen in what marvel has been doing for the last decade plus. In one thread you could come up with the next ten years worth of stories and it wouldn't be this current redundant mess we've been getting

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Reboots have been a thing, like, forever. It's not like they're new or exclusive to this decade.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think it's a little simpler than that:

Number 1 issues sell more.

Takeshi55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Takeshi55

@xwraith said:

I think it's a little simpler than that:

Number 1 issues sell more.

That's funny, as the creators of Sonic Archie comics refused to make it go back to issue #1, because they want their precious award of being the longest-running Comic based on a Video Game character.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.