Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13419 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

2008 to 2013 :The best things about X-Men comics

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#1  Edited By time1

Looking back over the years, it hard to imagine that there is any good things to come out of X-Men comics, but there are some postive things.

Here is best things about comics of the last 6 years.

No Caption Provided

1) Marvel Now

With the relaunch, Marvel Now. The X-Men titles are finally getting better. There is something to look forward to. All New X-Men is pretty good, Uncanny X-Force and Uncanny X-Men has been good so far. Then we have Brain Wood title to look forward too, the first title dedicated to X-ladies. We have to wait till May for that title to come out though.

2) The X-Force titles

The best titles over the last 6 years has defiantly been the X-force titles. Kyle & Yost work on the X-Force was truly amazing, follow by Rick's Uncanny X-Force. The X-Force is so good that it seems to be an ongoing series.

3) X-Ladies (at the moment)

Over the last 10 years, Marvel destroy the X-Ladies, either killing them off or making them irrelevant. With Marvel now, it finally looks like X-Ladies are going get the attention they deserve. Storm will be in three titles and maybe four. Kitty will be three titles. Rogue will be in two titles. Psylocke will be in two titles. Then Jean, Emma, Rachel, Jubilee and Magik will be one title each if you exclude the Age of Apocalypse title that is. It's defiantly a great time for the X-Ladies.

4) The Messiah Saga

The best X-Men story arcs over the last 10 years has been Messiah Complex, Messiah War and Second Coming. Most fans enjoy these story arcs and speak highly of them.

5) Rogue in X-Men Legacy

X-Men Legacy has been a good series, it been a series center around Rogue. Some fans don't like the series, but I think it's been a great series with some good story arcs. Age of X, Do not give up on the dead, the Necrosha tied in and let's not forget those two stories where Rogue took down She Hulk and the Avengers, as well as beating Ms Marvel. As a Rogue fan I enjoy the series quite abit.

6) Psylocke and Archangel

The last few years have been good to Psylocke and Archangel . In 2008 we saw Archangel return and in 2009 we saw Psylocke return. These two characters have been two of the most interesting characters over the last 6 years. For Psylocke it looks like it will get a whole lot better and with 2 Angels running around, who knows.

7) Magik and Colossus

One of the most twisted brother and sister relationships your ever going to see. It been a huge delight seeing this characters in X-Men comics again. Both of them being a member of the Phoenix Five and it looks like will get darker and darker for them. Magik seems to getting more powerful and I heard Colossus will end up in prison soon. I guess we have to see what happens to these 2 characters and try enjoy the ride too.

8) X-23

Before X-23 join the Avengers titles, she was one of the most interesting characters. In kyle & Yost X-Force she was pretty cool and interesting. Then she got her own series, which I thought was interesting. I loved X-23 friendship with Gambit and Jubilee.

9) Cyclops development

While I don't like the man Cyclops has become and I don't agree with some of decision his made. He defiantly been on a interesting journey as a character. We see him become leader of the mutant race. We also saw him become Dark Phoenix and killed Charles Xavier. Now he seems to be a Mutant terrorist with everyone after him. Seeing what happens to Cyclops in Uncanny X-Men, should been interesting.

10) Wolverine becoming a leader

While I don't like Wolverine as headmaster of a school, or him betraying his own kind in Avengers Vs X-Men. I Certainty don't like seeing him everywhere. I have enjoy some of the stories he has been in. One of the best things happen to him, is him being a leader, he became leader of the X-Force. He became leader of something, he the best at doing. It goes to show he can leads others, as well as being a team player, if he needs to be.

11) Cable and Hope

One of the best things I see over the last couple years is the relationship between Cable and Hope. There nothing like it in comics. The father and daughter relationship. The fact that Cable would die for Hope no matter what. One of saddest things I've see in comics, is Hope running to Cable before he die. Then her being left with his arm in second Coming. That moment made me cry and that doesn't happen much when it comes to comics. I'm so glad Cable reunited with Hope, I just hope marvel doesn't destroy that relationship, but knowing them they will.

12) Some of news Students in comics.

While I think there has been a lot of rubbish characters being created. I do think some of the new students are interesting. Like Kid Omega, Genesis, Oya, Pixie, Armor, Warbird and even some of the new students from Cyclops school seem interesting.

What do you guys think? what has been the best things about comics over the last 6 years.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

X-Factor Investigations

/ thread

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@cattlebattle said:

X-Factor Investigations / thread

lol yep, this. The only part of the last 5 years I'd consider a success.

time1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 104

#4  Edited By time1

@cattlebattle said:

Not really fan of X-Factor. I did read some of the stories, they were pretty good, but not a series I really enjoy.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cattlebattle
    @time said:

@cattlebattle said:

Not really fan of X-Factor. I did read some of the stories, they were pretty good, but not a series I really enjoy.

Only thing I really enjoyed. The book gave life to old....er......outdated characters like Longshot, Shatterstar, hell, even powerless Rictor was interesting. Thats just good writing in my opinion.
    dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By dangallant984

@cattlebattle said:

@time said:

@cattlebattle said:

Only thing I really enjoyed. The book gave life to old....er......outdated characters like Longshot, Shatterstar, hell, even powerless Rictor was interesting. Thats just good writing in my opinion.

X-factor remained fresh for quite a good while, reinventing and reinvigorating a lot of the X-men's most underused characters. Rictor, Shatterstar, Guido, Siren, and M especially were characters I never much cared for until Peter David got his hands on them, and now I consider all of them to be really well developed characters. It is too bad the level of storytelling has gone down-hill a bit in the last year or so, but, for me, David still gave these characters their most character defining runs.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Veitha

@cattlebattle said:

yeah

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By krspaceT

The X-me have had it rough in recent times haven't they? The 2000's have seen Green Lantern, Iron Man, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and freaking Aquaman become A listers again after bad storylines and general atrophy due to writers and movies. The X-Men, as well as Spiderman, were (dare I say) practically spayed by Queselda, and both of them need to recover. Dan Slott is trying one way, and hopefully Wood won't have Jean Grey say, be taken over by Madeline Pryor's mind to become the Marvelous Marvel Girl

blazinasian112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By blazinasian112

@time: Definitely agree with Xforce/Uncanny Xforce series over the past few years. Messiah Trilogy (esp Messiah Complex and Second Coming) was great. I actually enjoyed having Namor as a member of the Xmen as well too. I was kind of sad to see the X-tinction team broken up, that was a bad@ss team!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#10  Edited By papad1992

@cattlebattle said:

@time said:

@cattlebattle said:

Agree totally!!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By papad1992

@time said:

Looking back over the years, it hard to imagine that there is any good things to come out of X-Men comics, but there are some postive things.

Here is best things about comics of the last 6 years.

12) Some of news Students in comics.

While I think there has been a lot of rubbish characters being created. I do think some of the new students are interesting. Like Kid Omega, Genesis, Oya, Pixie, Armor, Warbird and even some of the new students from Cyclops school seem interesting.

What do you guys think? what has been the best things about comics over the last 6 years.

I'd add in the New X-Men series... one of the best, if not THE BEST, x-student title in the 2000s. It created characters, like: Prodigy, Surge, Hellion, Mercury, Dust, Rockslide, Elixir, Anole, Pixie, Gentle, Armor, Trance, Match, Loa, Bling, and Blindfold. But the 2000s were actually the downfall of those characters too, fading the x-students into obscurity (with the exception of Pixie and Armor)!

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TDK_1997

X-Factor and the fact that Remender's run on UXF was that brilliant.

tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tomchu

@time:

Marvel NOW! has been good, but not AMAZING for X-titles IMO, I mean firstly, it clogs up Bachelo's calender, which makes me sad because the first 10 issues of WaTXM were awesome, I looked forward to it month on month, and now its pretty much a hit-or-miss :\ I mean, the last time I felt the title being really really good was 17,18,19. Then again, that said, NOW! has brought out some awesome titles, cant wait for X-Men by Wood, and All New X-Men satisfies me month on month, and I have UXM on my read pile so thats another plus. UXForce has great art, but I don't see where its going, and Legion has a great concept, but the art loses me.

So, to summarize, I'm going to say X-Factor Investigations has been the best think for the X-Titles, because it doesnt play to the whole larger Marvel Universe, but mingles in its own little corner, but its pop culture references and a fair bit of consistency.

Besides that rant, Messiah Trilogy and the X-Force titles in the past few years were really good.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.