Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13416 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

2005 - present X-Men event chronology.

Spiders_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Spiders_Man

I'm a bit lost. After House of M and Decimation, what is the order for all of the X-Universe stories? I know that things like Utopia and Dark Reign and so on have to fit in somewhere but I just can't make heads or tails of it. Could someone provide assistance?

Cheers

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Daycrawler

Hmmm, quite a lot of reading involved here if you want to get right up to date. The following list is in roughly chronological order for the trade paperbacks current out there, though bear in mind that some stories overlap or run at the same time (especially the Cable, X-Force and Legacy stuff between Messiah Complex and Second Coming). 

X-Men: Deadly Genesis 
    Uncanny X-Men: Rise and Fall  of the Shi'ar Empire 
    X-Men: Supernovas 
    X-Men: Blinded By the Light 
    X-Men: Endangered Species  
    X-Men: Messiah Complex 

Wolverine: Get Mystique 
    Uncanny X-Men: Divided We Stand 
    X-Men Legacy: Divided He Stands 
    X-Men Legacy: Sins of the Father 
    X-Men: Original Sin 
    X-Men Legacy: Salvage 
    X-Force: Angels & Demons 
    X-Force: Old Ghosts 
    X-Force / Cable: Messiah War 
    X-Force: Not Forgotten 
    Cable: Messiah War 
    Cable: Waiting for the End of the World 
    Cable: Homecoming 
    Uncanny X-Men: Manifest Destiny 
    Uncanny X-Men: Lovelorn 
    Uncanny X-Men: Sisterhood 
    Dark Avengers/Uncanny X-Men: Utopia 
    Uncanny X-Men: Utopia 
    X-Men: Necrosha 
    X-Men: Second Coming 
    X-Men: Second Coming - Revelations 
    Uncanny X-Men: The Birth of Generation Hope 

Uncanny X-Men: Quarantine 
    Uncanny X-Men: Breaking Point 
    Generation Hope: The Future is a Four Letter Word  
    Think that basically gets you up to date with the current monthlies and what's going on with Fear Itself and Schism. Ones in bold are the essentials of the list, plot-wise (in my opinion anyway!), with the X-Force/Cable stuff running a very close second. 

There's some great stuff in there. The X-Force stuff, Deadly Genesis, Shi'ar Empire, Legacy and Second Coming storylines are awesome. Necrosha and the Dark Avengers cross-overs are probably the weakest.  

Good luck and enjoy! 

Daycrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Daycrawler

Meant to say that Civil War happens before Messiah Complex but the X-Men tie-in is pretty average and goes nowhere. Not read the wolverine tie-in though, so that may be worth a look. Also, Secret Invasion happens around about the Uncanny X-Men Manifest Destiny/Lovelorn stuff I think. Again, not read this so don't know what it's like. Finally, The Dark Avengers cross-over is pretty much smack bang in the middle of all the Dark Reign goings on near as I can tell.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.