Follow

X-Men

Team » X-Men appears in 13417 issues.

The X-Men are a superhero team of mutants founded by Professor Charles Xavier. They are dedicated to helping fellow mutants and sworn to protect a world that fears and hates them.

10 worst x men

• 67 results
    InnerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By InnerSuperman

i will edit mine later.

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By judasnixon

In no order what so ever, some of the crappiest X-Men ever.....

Maggot 
    Beak 
    Squidboy 
    Adam-X 
    Glob-herman 
    Eyeball Boy 
    Primal  
    angel salvadore 
    choir 
    longneck

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Namor.

What's the point ? He's not even an X-Man.

Avatar image for illyanarasputin
    IllyanaRasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By IllyanaRasputin

Eyeball Boy.

Nuff' said.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#6  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

@AgeofHurricane said:

Namor.

What's the point ? He's not even an X-Man.

I also hate Namor.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@judasnixon said:

In no order what so ever, some of the crappiest X-Men ever..... Maggot Beak Squidboy Adam-X Glob-herman Eyeball Boy Primal angel salvadore choir longneck

Please just kill them both off.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By JakeN7

That new mutant whose ability is to spawn bouncy balls comes to mind (from Uncanny X-Men #1.)

slade_wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By slade_wilson

Adam X

Husk

Cypher

Eyeball Boy

That's all I can think of.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#10  Edited By x_29

You guys have all failed to include Shark Girl. Shame on you all.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By poisonfleur

Namor

Hope

Sunfire

Sunspot

Warlock

Primal

Velocidad

judasnixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By judasnixon

As much as people rave about Grant Morrison's run on X-Men he created some of the most god awful crappiest X-Characters ever..... 

Longneck
    Longneck
    Choir
    Choir
    Beak
    Beak
    Glob-Herman
    Glob-Herman
    poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By poisonfleur

@judasnixon said:

As much as people rave about Grant Morrison's run on X-Men he created some of the most god awful crappiest X-Characters ever.....
    Longneck
    Longneck
    Choir
    Choir
    Beak
    Beak
    Glob-Herman
    Glob-Herman

I think the point of this was to show how mutations can be undesirable and freaky. Let's face it, most of a the mutants prior were really cool and there wasn't much too much to be afraid of visually. Like any normal person could grow lips from there neck or grow a huge long neck or beak. Not all mutantions should be cool, imo. They are mutations after all. I also think that adding these mutants to the school diversified the X-mansion even more. The X-men had every color, race, religion and orientation.. but now they have have different shapes, creatures, beings, and aliens. I think that was the point of these.

As long as these character has small roles, I am fine with that. EYEBALL BOY on the other hand-- I dunno what's up with that.... >_>

Sissel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sissel

@poisonfleur: But I like Warlock... >.>

@poisonfleur said:

@judasnixon said:

Longneck
    Longneck
    Choir
    Choir
    Beak
    Beak
    Glob-Herman
    Glob-Herman

I think the point of this was to show how mutations can be undesirable and freaky. Let's face it, most of a the mutants prior were really cool and there wasn't much too much to be afraid of visually. Like any normal person could grow lips from there neck or grow a huge long neck or beak. Not all mutantions should be cool, imo. They are mutations after all. I also think that adding these mutants to the school diversified the X-mansion even more. The X-men had every color, race, religion and orientation.. but now they have have different shapes, creatures, beings, and aliens. I think that was the point of these.

As long as these character has small roles, I am fine with that. EYEBALL BOY on the other hand-- I dunno what's up with that.... >_>

Definitely agree with this. I like the idea of that the mutations aren't always supposed to be in your favor. I mean look at Legion, even though he is supposedly to be super powerful, he still had a mental illness because of it.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By chasereis

@poisonfleur: I think that "was" the "point" we were "supposed" to receive but I don't truly feel that is the actual case. Let's look at the shelf life of these characters. How many good stories did we get from them? How many good stories are possible? I would imagine most people would say very few and to that point these are trash characters created by writers with no long term plan or actual conceptual vision for the book to say anything of creating a lineage for future writers or even for creating a measurable continuity in light of how much work is done to revert or alter the path of the stories. Take Beak for example, he is a character that I utterly despise. His entire claim to fame was a Maury Povich moment of getting a mutant girl "knocked-up" then were are lead to the "who's the daddy paternity test moment". THAT was his whole point of existence, vapid useless writing that has NO measurable impact on the X-Universe as a whole at all, save for the (clearly massive) effort to wipe up the refuse.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By dangallant984

@judasnixon said:

In no order what so ever, some of the crappiest X-Men ever..... Maggot Beak Squidboy Adam-X Glob-herman Eyeball Boy Primal angel salvadore choir longneck

to be fair though, most of these characters were never actually X-men, and Beak, Choir, and Longneck were really only honorary members for stepping up in an emergency, which, given their "powers", I kinda gotta give them credit for.

@poisonfleur said:

yeah, this was actually something I really liked about Morrison's run. Do I want to see characters like Beak and Choir return? not especially, but I liked what they represented, and I enjoyed their stories at the time.

To me, the worst X-men characters are the ones that are most contrived (thus distracting from the premise) or generic (thus not adding anything to the story). My top ten list (and I can just tell I'm gonna catch hell for this) of the ten worst actual X-men would be:

Boom-Boom, Dazzler, Frenzy, Polaris, and Slipstream (for being generic and dull),

Hepzibah, Longshot, Warbird, and Warlock (for being contrived),

and Hope, Lifeguard, Maggot, Mimic, Revanche, and X-man (for being both contrived and dull).

okay, Dazzler fans, come at me.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17  Edited By fesak  Moderator

People listing Maggot, Marrow and Beak as bad... ಠ_ಠ

My list would include anyone with generic powers like TP/TK, claws/angry or super strength/durability

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chasereis

@dangallant984: Hey I'm an outback Dazzler fan, bro. Better watch ur self b4 u wreck ur self, playa. KAMEEEE....HAMEEEEE....hahaha I can't do it.HOWEVER...you need to elaborate on that Warlock thing bro. Since you said you wanted to catch hell, did you receive that box of brimstone and sulfur I sent you for that comment?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By dangallant984

@chasereis said:

@dangallant984: Hey I'm an outback Dazzler fan, bro. Better watch ur self b4 u wreck ur self, playa. KAMEEEE....HAMEEEEE....hahaha I can't do it.HOWEVER...you need to elaborate on that Warlock thing bro. Since you said you wanted to catch hell, did you receive that box of brimstone and sulfur I sent you for that comment?

"Hell is other people", JP Sartre, yo.

Actually, I do like Dazzler, she just always seems to be the most dull character of any team of X-men she's been on.

Warlock I like, I liked him on the New Mutants; I just think he's on overly contrived, distracting character to be on the X-men. Of his own merits, he's a great character, there's just really nothing about him I think adds to what I like about the X-men.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By chasereis

@dangallant984: I don't know about that. HOWEVER warlock NEEDS to be with Cypher. He is part of a pairing that cannot be dissembled but sometimes that duo was just too cool for their own good. I remember when Doug died in NM#60, Warlock just always seemed like he didn't belong anymore I was kind of glad they offed him in X-Tinction. It seemed like a mercy killing.

Silvestri's tanned Dazzler was awesome bro, thus your argument is invalidated.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dangallant984

@chasereis said:

@dangallant984: I don't know about that. HOWEVER warlock NEEDS to be with Cypher. He is part of a pairing that cannot be dissembled but sometimes that duo was just too cool for their own good. I remember when Doug died in NM#60, Warlock just always seemed like he didn't belong anymore I was kind of glad they offed him in X-Tinction. It seemed like a mercy killing.

Silvestri's tanned Dazzler was awesome bro, thus your argument is invalidated.

I totally agree about Warlock, but don't even get me started on how I don't like Silvestri; seriously, we'd be here all day.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chasereis

@dangallant984: I've got nothing but time....

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dangallant984

@chasereis said:

@dangallant984: I've got nothing but time....

in that case, I take back my Sartre quote, apologise, and give my condolences.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By chasereis

@dangallant984: Where? Where has the mirth and revelry gone? What say you dangallant?

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By dangallant984

@chasereis: hey, I dunno, I still got scads of mirth. Scads.

Spawn92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Spawn92
    • Choir
    • Long Neck
    • Eyeball Boy
    • Shark Girl
    • Primal
    • Tattoo
    • Wolf Cub
    • Skin
    • Toad (current)
    • Squid Boy
    tomchu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By tomchu

Alone, I don't see any reason for Cypher or Warlock to exist, but those two characters are two of my favourite X-Men solely based on how awesome their friendship was during Claremont's New Mutant run. Plus, Cypher, I felt, seemed to be the most "normal" one on the team. I mean, he still has his parents, his parents believed he was in some rich boarding school, he had his insecurities etc.

My 10 Worst [I'm not going to bandwagon on Jason Aaron's X-Men that he introduced in WATXM because theyve only been around for a short while, and I'll let them develop]

• Squid Boy - I just read Chuck Austen's run for the first time. I feel like utter sh!t when reading about Squid Boy.
    • Glob Herman - He annoys me, with stupid dialogue and unnecessary statements.
    • Stacy X - Written into the series by Joe Casey to give it diversity, ended up being called a whore 99% of the time in Austen's run, and eventually left. Brilliant.
    • Wraith - If you know who he is, and remember where he came from, then good on you! Those 4 issues/ TPB were a waste.
    • Feral - Wolfsbane carbon copy. Liefeld was a lame writer.
    • Beak - His descendant in Here Comes Tomorrow was awesome. Else if, Beak was a disgrace to the people of X.
    • Angel Salvadore - I know the angle GMorrison was trying to get at, but honestly, I came out of it more disgusted than accepting.
    • Shen Xorn - Marvel's attempt at cashing in on a popular character by introducing a stupid retcon. NEXT.
    • Mystique - Because all she ever did was betray the team. Honestly, she shouldn't even be an X-Man. I would put Sabretooth here, but his AoA version is probably my favourite AoA character.
    • [Insert GMorrison Creation here] - I LOVE Grant Morrison. His Animal Man, his Batman, his All-Star Superman, but when he jumped onto New X-Men, it was weird. I LOVED Here Comes Tomorrow, and Fantomex, and the Magneto/Xorn reveal, and the murder at the X-Mansion, but some of his character he introduced were downright weird. I'm putting this spot for all the background characters that have not been seen since his run, namely: Ernst, No-Girl, Choir, Longneck etc.
    chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By chasereis

@ApatheticAvenger: I guess (to me) having a character exist for its own sake and not furthering the book, series or overall universe seems like a waste of time. I just don't get why we should be offered a character to know if he or she is basically meaningless in the long term. However characters that even have a small one issue spotlight CAN influence the development of an existing character, like the "beer" kid in ultimate really brought a new level of depth to himself and logan in a SINGLE issue. Now that was a great way to "spend" a character and it benefited everyone (even though Logan killed him). I would take characters like the "Beer" kid over beak any day of the week.

dangallant984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By dangallant984

@Spawn92 said:

• Choir
    • Long Neck
    • Eyeball Boy
    • Shark Girl
    • Primal
    • Tattoo
    • Wolf Cub
    • Skin
    • Toad (current)
    • Squid Boy

you guys seem to not be reading the name of the thread; most of these characters were never X-men.

Lucas996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lucas996

@ Poisonfleur : you're true ! because the ''esperança'' isn't good for me!

DurararaFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By DurararaFTW
    1. Angel Salvatore
    2. Mystique
    3. Feral
    4. Toad
    5. Shen Xorn
    6. Adam X
    7. Sunfire
    8. Primal
    9. Maggot
    10. Stacy X
    chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By chasereis

@ApatheticAvenger: Not being sarcastic in the least but what does he really add to the overall book? Where will beak be in the hallowed halls of X-History 20 years from now? I'm all for the occasion diversion if it adds a layer to actual content and is not a story that lives for it own sake and not the book's actual purpose. The whole Beak spiel is not exactly like O'Neil and Adams Green Arrow and Green Lantern's slice of life road trip (ie adds value to actual characters)... Just saying.

staphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By staphin

scott summers

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By chasereis

@ApatheticAvenger: You're very passionate about Morrison aren't you? Too bad I didn't bring him up, as we both have diametrically opposing views but that has nothing to do with Beak or my assessment of him in the grand scheme of X-History. So let's steer away from that shall we? The way I feel about Beak is the same way I feel about Arcade, Super Sabre, Feral or Empath. They contribute nothing really other than a distraction at best and even though X-Men as a whole is a 40+ year franchise that shouldn't be a compelling reason for wasting time.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By chasereis

@ApatheticAvenger: Not sure how to talk to it, since the conversation seems to keep veering toward Morrison. Since clearly instead of actually looking at what I've said objectively, you look to discredit my argument based on "evidence" which has failed to talk to my original talking point, I assume based on my previous history of disliking Morrison's plots. So what would you like to do at this point, since apparently you feel compelled to steer the conversation so arbitrarily? I liked your posts before but honestly, I'm disappointed with this conversation.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By chasereis

@ApatheticAvenger: From my previous post.

I guess (to me) having a character exist for its own sake and not furthering the book, series or overall universe seems like a waste of time. I just don't get why we shouldbe offered a character to know if he or she is basically meaningless in the long term. However characters that even have a small one issue spotlight CAN influence the development of an existing character, like the "beer" kid in ultimate really brought a new level of depth to himself and logan in a SINGLE issue. Now that was a great way to "spend" a character and it benefited everyone (even though Logan killed him). I would take characters like the "Beer" kid over beak any day of the week.

My point is will Cyclops stories drive the next generation or the generation after that's storylines? I would venture to say yes. Did Arcade do anything for the X-Titles since the 80's? no...not really even thought I know he is in Arena, it is not fitting the purpose of being in X-Men. Beak's story line(s) will be utterly lost to the future generation and did not really do much for characters that would be in generation after next or prior to that. To your point, it was a "interesting" read but their no almost no real measurable impact in the actual scheme of X-comics.

I apologize if I came of rude, but I remember us clearly agreeing that (us) discussing Morrison is largely pointless, it appeared as thought you were attempting to weaponize this in your argument, if this is incorrect then I offer my apologies.

chasereis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By chasereis

@ApatheticAvenger: Clearly my words fail me with you. I am sorry for that but please enjoy the rest of the day.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#44  Edited By Teerack  Online

@AgeofHurricane: That doesn't make any sense lol. He was an x-man.... maybe you think he's not a mutant? He was actually one of the oldest mutants in history and the first mutant in comics.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Teerack: Um, yeah. He just doesn't fit amongst this band of outsiders. His presence seems forced. It is forced.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#47  Edited By Teerack  Online

@AgeofHurricane: Considering the team before the split. Cyclops, Magneto, Emma Frost, Colossus, Namor, and Wolverine, and Kitty Pryde. I think that Kitty, Wolverine, and Storm all seemed more forced and uncomfortable with the way things were in the x-men. And considering how things played out I think that it was all very intentional by the writer to get that vibe.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Teerack: I don't think Kitty Pryde, Wolverine and Storm can ever seem "forced" (on this team) to any degree, they're prime proponents of the X-Men. They are the X-Men, Namor is not, nor do i get the impression that he really stands for what they are, looked more to me like he wanted to troll Scott while lip-locking Emma, cause that's all i ever got from his membership. And Storm didn't exactly have a distinguishable character prior to the split, she was lightning lass canon fodder, ushering a line whenever need be. Not that the same goes for Kitty, but if she had a problem, she would have voiced it, or left, like she usually did.

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#49  Edited By papad1992

@poisonfleur said:

@judasnixon said:

Longneck
    Longneck
    Choir
    Choir
    Beak
    Beak
    Glob-Herman
    Glob-Herman

THIS!

papad1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#50  Edited By papad1992

What's with all the Husk hate!? I like Husk.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.