Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Blade comes to Wolverine and Colossus' aide against a puzzling breed of sunlight-resistant vampires and lends his consul to the X-Men's greater war against Xarus' united vampire nation.

The Good   

I've made no secret of my disinterest in vampires, so the fact that this storyline's able to put enough of a spin on the bloodsuckers makes Gischler's work here impressive. I'm enjoying the added dimensions to the X-mythos - - how vampires are basically presented as another breed of mutants who're angling to co-opt these mutants' impending resurgence. I also like Cyclops' new leadership role and the hard choice he has to make about Dracula. Explanations for bringing back an oft-resurrected villain yet again can run a bit contrived, but you can really get behind the X-Men's desperate motivations here (while still agreeing with Blade's reasonable disagreement.) Actually, the character's distinct voices are another merit to Vischler's writing. As for Medina, his work is just consistently classy and cool. I'd pay to see him draw even a breakfast diner scene!

The Bad   

Blade's frequently been a victim of poor taste, but I have to say that the "handlebar mustache and lightning bolt hair strip" look he's sporting here warrants him a citation from the fashion police! Nasty...

The Verdict - 4.5/5  

I'm a big fan of the Blade movies (only the first two, let me clarify) so I've always been confused why the comics have so rarely been able to capture the characterization we got there. Thus, Gischler's handling of the vampire hunter is all-the-more pleasing for getting the character right - - especially in comparison to the really "off" portrayal in Ultimate Avengers this week.    I've been reading X-Men for a long time - - since right after Storm's first dalliance with Dracula, actually - - and the title's definitely in good hands now.
    Braxxis7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Braxxis7

I was initaily very skeptic about this title but its kept my attention so far.
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By Jotham

Hmm, sunlight-resistant vampires? Do they sparkle?

Comiclove5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Comiclove5
    @Jotham said:
    " Hmm, sunlight-resistant vampires? Do they sparkle? "

No,No,No.
    sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By sora_thekey
    @Jotham said:
    " Hmm, sunlight-resistant vampires? Do they sparkle? "
    Nope... they explode....
    Mumbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mumbles

what's wrong with blade 3?  its not that bad. not as good as the first two movies, but better then most 3 installments.

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Pizawle

Glad to hear it is good. (Hope you are right)

First issue was a big disappointment.

Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kid_Zombie

Just read the first issue. It was just ok. Hope it does get better.
    I did enjoy the art quite a bit.

parasyteFMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By parasyteFMA

I was really looking forward to this. I was going to go to my comic store and get it today but I overslept way to long and it was closed by the time I woke up.

CHERP0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By CHERP0

Good issue, I actually thought Blade was written really well.  I also liked the banter between Wolverine and Colossus.  Still not sure why the vamps would target Jubilee though, maybe they like sparklies.

N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By N7_Normandy
    @CHERP0 said:
    "

Good issue, I actually thought Blade was written really well.  I also liked the banter between Wolverine and Colossus.  Still not sure why the vamps would target Jubilee though, maybe they like sparklies.

"
    they are only targeting jubilee so the other mutants will come to get her

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.