Follow

X-Men: The Last Stand

Movie » X-Men: The Last Stand released on May 26, 2006.

The third and (at the time) final instalment in the X-Men trilogy. Loosely based upon the Dark Phoenix Saga/Gifted storyline, new director Brett Ratner directs the epic, containing a vast array of characters from the X-Universe.

X3: Last stand, Black Tom

atmosfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Edited By atmosfear

I was at a friends house watching X3: Last stand, and in one specific scene when Wolverine goes into the woods to find Jean he gets attacked. Never thought about it till this specific time i saw it but the Mutant i believe attacking him is Black Tom Cassidy. I know at one point Black Tom was in the Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants which is in the movie.

Black Tom Cassidy
    Black Tom Cassidy
    mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By mavfan626
    @atmosfear: I always thought it was a male version of Marrow.
    atmosfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By atmosfear
    @mavfan626: Good thinking, I never even thought about Marrow. That could be true. I was thinking of the brotherhood and who was in it and Black Tom came to mind.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

I always thought it was the movie version of Spyke.

atmosfear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By atmosfear
    @xerox-kitty: You are definitely right, i don't believe i ever saw that character. But definitely is the movie version of Spyke.

Maybe if the Deadpool movie comes out we will see Black Tom, Probably not. Love to see a movie on Weapon X with Wolverine, Agent x, Deadpool and all of them. That would be pretty awesome.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TwoOneFive

Okay just saw this movie. I'm curious, did the creators of this film simply replace Juggernaut and Prof X's history with Mystique?!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cattlebattle
    @TwoOneFive said:
    Okay just saw this movie. I'm curious, did the creators of this film simply replace Juggernaut and Prof X's history with Mystique?!
    Not at all,

Mystique and Charles was extremely different from the relationship Charles and Cain had
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @cattlebattle: could you explain?  

i thought Charles grew up with Cain. and he picked on him. 
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Omega Ray Jay
    @TwoOneFive said:
    @cattlebattle: could you explain?   i thought Charles grew up with Cain. and he picked on him. 
    Comics yes, films no.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TwoOneFive
    @Omega Ray Jay: yeah, thats my gripe sherlock. im just saying why didn't they try to do things right this time. starting from the beginning they could have had a clean slate and completely forgotten the shit that was last stand and origins wolverine 

but thanks for no answer to my question. i was just wondering if the relationship in the film between prof x and mystique was accurate to the source material.
    ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By ReVamp
    @TwoOneFive said:
    @Omega Ray Jay: yeah, thats my gripe sherlock. im just saying why didn't they try to do things right this time. starting from the beginning they could have had a clean slate and completely forgotten the shit that was last stand and origins wolverine  but thanks for no answer to my question. i was just wondering if the relationship in the film between prof x and mystique was accurate to the source material.
    No. But you're not talking about this movie. You're talking about X Men First Class movie. So be respectful of what you say, because the reason he didn't understand your question correctly was because you ddin't explain it properly.
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Fair enough. The movie continuity is vastly different to the comic one, the best (and in some cases only) way to view them as a whole is along the same lines at say the Ultimate universe, a separate universe entirely.

jakeeboi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By jakeeboi17
    @xerox_kitty said:

I always thought it was the movie version of Spyke.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By cattlebattle
    @TwoOneFive said:
    @Omega Ray Jay: yeah, thats my gripe sherlock. im just saying why didn't they try to do things right this time. starting from the beginning they could have had a clean slate and completely forgotten the shit that was last stand and origins wolverine  but thanks for no answer to my question. i was just wondering if the relationship in the film between prof x and mystique was accurate to the source material.
    In the comics, Cain and Charles were step brothers, and Cain picked on him out of jealousy and just plain old him being a d**khead. In First Class, Mystique was Charles apparently adoptive (could of mind controlled his parents into adopting her...who knows) sister, who had a very loving and good relationship...until Magneto came along.

In the comics Professor X  and Mystiquenever really had a relationship to speak of.....she shot him once LOL, but Mystique was essentially a villain with no redeemable qualities until the mid/late 90's...First Class made up that sub plot so the whole "proud of being yourself" could be shown as it was a constant factor in the other X-Men films and gave it a relatable quality
    nicos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nicos

Man I So hoped they would re boot those x films, but Lately I've been hearing of Days of future past. oh well another epic comic story bites the dust in film. as for Black tom Cassidy If that where him, that would have been The worst depiction of the plant wielding Irish villain Evar! just like most of the other villains......and x men in the film.....and films before that.....and after that. ever since Those Genius (Boring) Directors were so Kind (Out of Place) to share their Awesome (Crappy) vision of X men with us Ive had to endure a not so much African Goddess looking storm with a less than commanding presence on the Team(Forget commanding the forces of nature), A very non Russian Colossus, An X men where Wolverine Runs the Whole dam Show and the X men are mostly supporting characters,A mute Baraka....sorry .Deadpool, A movie where The entire brotherhood of mutants are almost unrecognizable either because they are made up of characters who are traditionally good guys (Madrox & Phsylocke), or they've been re imagined to the point of becoming unrecognizable(Callisto) or during the film they've been reduced to just another one of magneto's hired guns that they don't even utter a word to give you a clue as to who they are Hence Mr.Spikeblacktomormaybemarrow Another really messed up thing about this film is that Phoenix the all powerful entity (who is Jean Grey) kills two x men (for no good reason) and then spends the rest of her time hanging out with Magneto and his motley crew in the forest somewhere preparing to move a bridge to kill some poor kid, and never attempts to use her power to destroy the whole galaxy like most people would expect the dark phoenix to do. All this plus the juggernaut bitch and more. I'm sorry guys I know I went off topic here, but I couldn't find the why I hate the last stand Forum. oh well I guess for guys like me there will always be the X men the Animated series which is as close as it ever got to the comic book.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.