romyfan's X-Men Origins: Gambit #1 - Random Acts of Redemption review

Doesn't Do Remy Justice

I think that Gambit is probably the most complex and mysterious X-Man out there.  Some would say Logan holds that title, but those people don't really know Remy.  This issue, as others have said, is just a recap of things we already know.  There is nothing new or fantastic about it.  It is great for those who would like to know basic Gambit history.  However, for those who want to know why Remy is the way he is, they will have to do much more research.  This issue doesn't do the man with the cards justice, but it isn't a total loss.

Other reviews for X-Men Origins: Gambit #1 - Random Acts of Redemption

Gambit's Origin: A Road We've Travelled Many Times Before 0

This is my first review...Enjoy (hopefully!)As a big fan of Gambit, I was extremely mixed on this one. Ever since the announcement of this issue came out, I've been wondering what this issue could offer about his past that we haven't already seen. Unfortunately, I was right and it really only elaborated on events we already know of.  That certainly doesn't make it a bad read, though. If you're a fan of Gambit, it will certainly keep your interest...Just not bring any twists or turns to the table...