k4tzm4n's X-Men Origins: Gambit #1 - Random Acts of Redemption review

Gambit's Origin: A Road We've Travelled Many Times Before

This is my first review...Enjoy (hopefully!)

As a big fan of Gambit, I was extremely mixed on this one. Ever since the announcement of this issue came out, I've been wondering what this issue could offer about his past that we haven't already seen. Unfortunately, I was right and it really only elaborated on events we already know of.  That certainly doesn't make it a bad read, though.

If you're a fan of Gambit, it will certainly keep your interest...Just not bring any twists or turns to the table. It of course covers events we all know far too well...Such as his wedding with Bella Donna, first encounter with Sinister, and a look at the Mutant Massacre.  The ending had a very nice touch since it lead up right to his first (well, technically second) appearance in Uncanny X-Men 266.

The artwork by Yardin is alright, although a bit too cartonish for my taste...However the work by Roberson is absolutely stunning.  Roberson absolutely needs to be a regular on an on-going series.