ironhawk22's X-Men: Legacy #1 - Prodigal review

Legion

Plot

David A.k.a. Legion is the son of Charles Xavier, how will he react when he learns of his fathers demise?

The Art

Is okay. It's nothing amazing, it's a bit messy at times. It's not bad, it's just nothing exciting.

Story and Script

I gotta say I didn't think I was going to like this as much as I did. Initially I was very excited about the series but as I saw all the reviews come in, I decided not to pick up the book. However when I went to my LCS today to pick up some comics, this was $1.99, so I thought "whatever, I'll give it a try".

The first few pages are extremely confusing, don't make much sense. However the book improves. David is pretty sympathetic, you gotta feel a bit sorry for him. His dad just abandoned him in the mountains and hasn't bothered to check in at all.

So I guess the writer achieved their goal of making me interested in the character. However did they achieve the goal of making it a good jump on point? Well sort of. There isn't a lot of references to continuity but the story in itself is a bit all over the place. They give you basic details you need to know.

The story jumps around a lot. It can get pretty confusing at times. The dialogue is pretty good to.

Overall

I honestly don't know what to tell you. It's an okay issue but the story jumps around a bit and can get confusing at times. I like the concept and may check this book out in the future. I haven't yet determined what I'm gonna do with this book.