silkcuts's X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills #1 - X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills review

• silkcuts wrote this review on .
  • silkcuts has written a total of 726 reviews. The last one was for

The Magazine Size is better

This is a major X-men tale, which all hardcore X-Men fans can agree is a must read.  A book that inspired the movie X2 and has been reprinted in the standard size as well.  This review is on the magazine size comic that I had when I was younger and still have now.

This is the first X-Men graphic novel I ever read.  I never understood it as a child and my parents didn't want me reading it after they saw the religious images, such as a crucifixion. Grown now I have read this comic a few times.

The Pros:

• Daring, this book took chances.
  • Great art for the time
  • Important message
  • great pace and sequential art.

Cons:
  •  re-sized in standard format

This is a major story in the X-Men mythos.  It explores the hate in human's hearts.  This theme will be a running theme in X-Men, but never has it been so impactful.

Poor Kurt!

This over-sized comic should of never been reprinted if it will not be the over-sized.  I cannot imagine the same impact with reshaped and sized panels. If you can find this copy, get it!

4.5/5 stars!
Cheers!
 - Silkcuts
Posted by Captain Bintang
Just took your advice - I bought it...
Posted by Hawkeye446

-.- Exactly the same...

@Hawkeye446 said:
" -.- Exactly the same... "
Its the same comic.
Posted by Hawkeye446
@Hawkeye446 said:
" @Silkcuts: True, but... Ummm.... It's.... You win, I can't think of a fault, though one is a hardcover and the other a comic, and you said at the end of both "If you can find this copy buy it." "
There was a third entry I made when I was really new to the vine and originally reviewed that entry, it was the magazine size. The mods deleted it and I lost the review, so I used on those two.

That is the must buy cover.
Your right I should of added this cover in the review.
Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir