Jason Flemyng to play Azazel in X-Men: First Class?

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Korg
    I just stumbled across this article at Empire Online

Jason Flemyng Is In X-Men: First Class 

No Caption Provided
     Jason FlemyngJason Flemyng

He'll play Azazel

We've known for some time that Jason Flemyng is director Matthew Vaughn's good luck charm, appearing in all his films to date - and sure enough, he has a role in X-Men: First Class, where he will play  Nightcrawler's dad,  Azazel.

Today at Movie-Con he told us, "Matthew showed me my costume just the other day. Now I swore I’d never be in heavy make-up again, but this role is going to involve it. But at least they said, “Don’t worry, we’ll add the tail in post”. I am Azazel, and I can teleport by waving my arms [gestures like a cross between a flamenco dancer anda  Bollywood star].”

As really big X-Men fans will know, Azazel is a teleporting creature from another dimension who tried to impregnate human women in the hope that one of his children would provide him with a permanent

Azazel
     Azazel

link to this plane that he could use to come back here. And fear not: we confirmed after Flemyng left the stage that he will be red, and not Nightcrawler blue or anything like that (Vaughn is clearly trusting that people can figure it out from the tail and pointed ears),

Whether he will have a big part to play in this film remains to be seen, but we do know that Vaughn's hoping not to break his winning streak this time around. At least, unlike Kick-Ass, Flemyng actually gets a name this time around, other than Bell Hop. 

Considering how many people hated Chuck Austen's X-Men run, and the parts involving Azazel in particular, what are people's feelings on this?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.