A New Angel, New Emma Frost & Young Magneto in First Class

• 64 results
Posted by No_name_here (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

Is that you, Emma Frost?

On top of everything else, Deadline says that there’s going to be a new Emma Frost and Angel in X-MEN: FIRST CLASS, and a young Magneto. Phew! This movie’s sounding more and more like an old school X-Over by the minute.  Maybe it’s actually been an adaptation of X-CUTIONER’s SONG or THE PHALANX COVENANT this whole time? To clarify, MAD MEN star January Jones will be playing the White Queen, Emma Frost. You might be puzzled about that. Alice Eve was cast as the character very early on in this procession of announcements, but apparently she couldn’t work the deal out in the end.

But what about Angel? How can he be in the FIRST CLASS if he’s already been shown to join the X-Men much later in THE LAST STAND? This won’t actually be Warren Worthington, but Angel Salvadore, the mutant with the bug wings who later became Tempest in NEW WARRIORS. She’ll be played by Zoe Kravtiz, who’s the daughter of rock star Lenny Kravitz.   Up until this point, she’s acted in the romcom NO RESERVATIONS and the “DEATH WISH for the ladies” thriller THE BRAVE ONE. She’ll also be starring in the new MAD MAX movie, FURY ROAD.

Finally, a teen Magneto’s going to show up either in a prologue or in some flashbacks. He’ll be played by Bill Milner, whose most notable credit to date was in the do-it-yourself Rambo flick, SON OF RAMBOW. You’ll recall that we actually saw a teen Magneto in the first X-MEN movie, but I’m sure the actor can’t pull that elusive “teen” look off anymore.

Like I said, I’m officially out of commentary for these casting announcements, suffice it to say I still think this is going to involve time travel, the Sentinels and/or Nimrod/ Bastion.

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS! & UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazon here & here.

#1 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

I am officially giving up on this.  Well, just the casting news... it's getting ridiculous.  People are cast, then they're not, not to mention how it doesn't make sense to have certain characters around others...   

I think the less I know, the more I'll want to see the film ;)

#2 Posted by TheWiFiJedi (21 posts) - - Show Bio

MY GOD I only have two words for this film so far:   HOT MESS!

#3 Posted by Tmul501 (597 posts) - - Show Bio

Why so many characters? I hope this movie doesn't suck...

#4 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"I am officially giving up on this.  Well, just the casting news... it's getting ridiculous.  People are cast, then they're not, not to mention how it doesn't make sense to have certain characters around others...    I think the less I know, the more I'll want to see the film ;) "

CO-SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGNED! 

January Jones as EMMA FROST?!  Now we just need Pamela Anderson to be cast as Pixie, and this will be absolutely delicious. 
#5 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing with the casting is getting ridiculous. And I seriously hope that it doesn't involve time-travel.

#6 Posted by Riezner (417 posts) - - Show Bio

January Jones is supppppper duper fine.

#7 Edited by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

NOOOOO. Alice Eve would've made a better Emma Frost!  - atleast she has an English accent! ¬_¬ grrrr, plus, Alice has better breasts.

#8 Posted by Gylan Thomas (2727 posts) - - Show Bio

I've lost interest in this one completely.
Got a feeling this train wreck's gonna be canned.

#9 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

These seem so ridiculous and messy that I just think/hope these are all completely and utterly pure rumours and that in the next week or so, we will have an OFFICIAL announcement with a fantastic cast of the original X-Men and amazing actors cast perfectly for their roles. 

Well, a girl can hope, can't she? 

#10 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" I am officially giving up on this.  Well, just the casting news... it's getting ridiculous.  People are cast, then they're not, not to mention how it doesn't make sense to have certain characters around others...    I think the less I know, the more I'll want to see the film ;) "
I feel the same way.
#11 Posted by rasx (242 posts) - - Show Bio

The new Emma looks hot!!! 
And Angel Salvadore???
#12 Posted by batmanboy11 (198 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox-kitty said:

"I am officially giving up on this.  Well, just the casting news... it's getting ridiculous.  People are cast, then they're not, not to mention how it doesn't make sense to have certain characters around others...    I think the less I know, the more I'll want to see the film ;) "

I completely agree.

#13 Posted by Edamame (27987 posts) - - Show Bio
@rasx said:
" The new Emma looks hot!!!
Indeed.
#14 Posted by carnivalofsins00 (938 posts) - - Show Bio

just add boobs and people will be too distracted to realize it wasnt good.

#15 Posted by cold_fuzion (167 posts) - - Show Bio
@carnivalofsins00 said:
" just add boobs and people will be too distracted to realize it wasnt good. "
I'm sorry... did you say something?
#16 Edited by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

January Jones as Emma Frost is one of the few GOOD casting choice Fox has made. 

The other one?   

Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique:       

^ Mystique can stay like that anytime.
#17 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:

These seem so ridiculous and messy that I just think/hope these are all completely and utterly pure rumours and that in the next week or so, we will have an OFFICIAL announcement with a fantastic cast of the original X-Men and amazing actors cast perfectly for their roles.  ....... Well, a girl can hope, can't she?  "

Sure, you can HOPE....................................I HOPED that Marvel would get rid of Halle Berry.............................Hey, you know those "twilight zone" episodes that used to come on, where people would wish for something, and then some bizarre, unnatural, evil, WTF moment would happen due to them not thinking it through thoroughly?    Well, Marvel is officially my damn genie.
#18 Posted by Hashbrowns (67 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
"Sure, you can HOPE....................................I HOPED that Marvel would get rid of Halle Berry.............................Hey, you know those "twilight zone" episodes that used to come on, where people would wish for something, and then some bizarre, unnatural, evil, WTF moment would happen due to them not thinking it through thoroughly?    Well, Marvel is officially my damn genie. "

Marvel really doesn't have any say in the matter.  The decision making is squarley on Fox's shoulders, and all the blame should be aimed right at them.
#19 Posted by sparty-dbq (778 posts) - - Show Bio

This has to officially mean that this movie is separate from the other X-Men movies.  January Jones is a year older than James McAvoy, meaning there's no way in hell this is the same Emma from XMO:W if she's actually OLDER than Xavier now.
#20 Posted by DMC (1550 posts) - - Show Bio
@Riezner said:
" January Jones is supppppper duper fine. "
well in that picture at least, she not as alluring in others. Yeah I googled her
#21 Posted by IAMtheHERO (362 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb said:
"  
NOOOOO. Alice Eve would've made a better Emma Frost!  - atleast she has an English accent! ¬_¬ grrrr, plus, Alice has better breasts. "
i wouldn't say better just bigger
#22 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Very Emma Frost-esque even before she was cast. 

Maybe she already knew she was getting the part.
#23 Posted by grimm (525 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Angel! Hopefully they will add Beak in as well. But all of these characters are just so random. I mean Willow?????? (I'm still hung up over that)

#24 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@IAMtheHERO said:
" @Cherry Bomb said:
"  
NOOOOO. Alice Eve would've made a better Emma Frost!  - atleast she has an English accent! ¬_¬ grrrr, plus, Alice has better breasts. "
i wouldn't say better just bigger "
Well for Emma Frost,  bigger is better.  
#25 Posted by lorex (949 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie just seems like one large casting cluster f**k. I know the studio is probably looking to tie up the franchise or years by using as many characters as possible.

#26 Posted by rlmay3 (256 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm officially convinced there is no movie and this is one big joke on everyone.

Thank you, Fox. We've successfully been X-ed.* Please stop now.

*X-men pun intended

#27 Posted by ChrisTaylor (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Agreed.
#28 Posted by The Impersonator (5067 posts) - - Show Bio

#29 Posted by Britt601 (456 posts) - - Show Bio

I just want to give up on this movie.I thought it would stick closer to the storyline in the comic but I guess not.  I don't give a damn about Emma, just...can I hope that they'll have at least some significance to the comic book?
#30 Posted by Agent9149 (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

i can really see january as emma

=D i did that in 5 mins via ms paint
#31 Posted by IAMtheHERO (362 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb:  very true
#32 Edited by BuddyBulson (427 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that this is ALL awesome. This isnt Fox's doing, this is ALL Jane Goldman and Matthew Vaughn! They are Turning the foX-Men Universe into something it should be, AWESOME. Everyone wanted the First Class Mutants to be in it, now you have an Angel. Yeah it might not be the one everyone hoped for, but now all you teen girls have a " Pixie" styled mutant on the main screen. Hell who knows they might even call her Pixie in the film, but i doubt it. She will most likely be the TOAD character for Magneto, Angel never played by the X-Men rules. If she isnt a cameo I am sure she will join the brotherhood when Erik becomes Magento.

I think that this universe is very interesting, I never liked Wolverine or Sabertooth until i saw Wolverine Origins, and i even read the comic. I have never been a fan of him and i have been reading X-men for over 15 years. I found the these stories told in the movies, tho they my not be what exactly happened in the comics, are still interesting and fun. 

As for Emma Frost, January Jones is only 8 years older then the girl in Wolverine Origins. So I am sure they can work the story just fine. 

Jane G and Matthew V will show us all that even if its not word for word and they mix it all around you still have something fun and interesting in the end. 

#33 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio
@agent9149 said:
"i can really see january as emma

=D i did that in 5 mins via ms paint "
NICE job! 

Now please do one for Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique
#34 Posted by welshguy (197 posts) - - Show Bio

So this lady is in Mad Men as well as that Christina Hendricks? Wow. Why do i not watch that show? oh right, cause its dull and boring and full of uninteresting characters. Hot chicks ain't enough to get me to want to watch something and X-Men First Class needs to be something damn special to get me interested. 
Although, for the record, I will say "giggedy"

#35 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio
@welshguy said:
"So this lady is in Mad Men as well as that Christina Hendricks? Wow. Why do i not watch that show? oh right, cause its dull and boring and full of uninteresting characters. Hot chicks ain't enough to get me to want to watch something and X-Men First Class needs to be something damn special to get me interested. Although, for the record, I will say "giggedy" "

Mad Men is awesome, and the characters are strong, and well-developed. 

#36 Posted by Jordanstine (907 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage said:
"@welshguy said:
"So this lady is in Mad Men as well as that Christina Hendricks? Wow. Why do i not watch that show? oh right, cause its dull and boring and full of uninteresting characters. Hot chicks ain't enough to get me to want to watch something and X-Men First Class needs to be something damn special to get me interested. Although, for the record, I will say "giggedy" "
Mad Men is awesome, and the characters are strong, and well-developed.   "

I second that. 

Mad Men is a GREAT show. 

I'm still on the 2nd season though... trying to catch up.
#37 Posted by BoOMbOoMpOw (1711 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: absoulutly agree
#38 Posted by CaptainGenisVell (293 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wish they would stop with telling us the cast and any of the flipping rumours, why don't they keep their mouths shut till the cast is complete, started filming and made a teaser trailer.
seems a whole waste of time, since this isn't working in their favour at all.

#39 Posted by Enoch (16 posts) - - Show Bio

hopeless...utterly hopeless

#40 Posted by BuddyBulson (427 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainGenisVell: 
I agree, if they just came out with a bad ass trailer that caught everyones attention maybe people would shut their mouths and stop trash talking this franchise. I talked to some younger kids and they dont even know about the 90's X-men cartoon, they love the movies. so It just goes to show you, you remember and like what you get.
#41 Edited by BaronVonDredd (250 posts) - - Show Bio
@White Mage:
ARE YOU #$%&ING SERIOUS??? PAM ANDERSON??? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU???!!!!!
#42 Posted by Braxxis7 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sorry at this point does anyone care?
#43 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

You know, the casting process for this movie is going through more roster changes than the actual X-Men have.

#44 Posted by Hyperion31916 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

I would rather see a remake of Monkeybone w/ Brendon Frasier than this crap. Thanks a lot FOX you FUCK NUGGETS!!! Your company has ruined every Marvel character your greedy paws have touched. Hopefully no one sees this disaster and FOX gives up the rights back to Marvel.

#45 Posted by conformist21 (413 posts) - - Show Bio

this is becoming less cared about than Transformers 3

#46 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

This movie is going to be the most spectacular flop ever. Does anyone know what their budget is? I will bet a limb that they don't even make their money back on this. Angel Salvadore? Seriously? McAvoy would make a great Beak, if he weren't already horribly cast as freaking Magneto of all people. I wonder if the actors and actresses involved with this project have any idea what they're getting into. I can see why Alice Eve didn't go through with the deal - maybe she wants to have a career that isn't sinking after this movie comes out.

#47 Posted by rogue_kiss (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to bother anymore. You lost me at "Angel Salvadore".

*pukes*

#48 Posted by punkelias (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure. Why not? And since we're casting characters for the sake of it. Let's add spider-man, captain america, and why the hell no some DC superheroes too.

#49 Posted by nochestorm67 (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I didnt kno w that Emma and Mystque were in the first class series, I thought Storm came out before these two hoes
#50 Posted by Chibi-Iroh (388 posts) - - Show Bio

I can honestly say that I think Angel is them using a Codename for Storm the same way the used Willow as a Codename when they revealed Mystique.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.