X-men first class was horrible

• 84 results
#1 Posted by CosmicGod432 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

So I spent $23 today on a bluray x-men first class, I thought it was going to be good but is was horrible. The only good acting was the characters Magneto and Prof. X. The special effects weren't even good. They added so many slow scenes with only a couple good action sequences. There was a lot of cheesy moments also. Does anybody feel this way?

#2 Posted by PikminMania (4628 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicGod432: @CosmicGod432: nope
#3 Posted by RainEffect (3240 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicGod432: There's more to a movie than flashy action sequences.
#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree that it could have been better but by Fox's current standards it was far better than expected and it was still better than Wolverine and X3 and Fantastic 4 part 2 combined 

#5 Posted by CosmicGod432 (177 posts) - - Show Bio

@RainEffect Yeah and there is also more to a movie than people sitting around talking about how they wish they were normal. I like movies that get me to the edge of the seat. It don't always has to have action but it needs something better than pointless talking.

#6 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I loved this movie, better than the last four, people need to get over the continuity issues and sit back and enjoy the movie. If you want dull fight scenes with pretty crappy effects watch Star Trek....

#7 Posted by Venom802 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Well first off, i thought it was much better than any other x-men movie out there. I personally enjoyed this movie, hell i thought it was one of the best movies out this summer...i mean of course it might have been a little weird here and there, but seriously, ehhh......i don't know how to explain this, but in my opinion it was one of the newest x-men movie. 

#8 Posted by CosmicGod432 (177 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicfan47: Startrek was a great movie and the special effects in the latest startrek were way better.

If so many "feel sorry for me" and goofy/cheesy moments in the movie it would be great. The scenes without action would be great if acting was so horrible. Erik and Charles had great acting though.
#9 Posted by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by CosmicGod432 (177 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicfan47: I'm not even a Star Trek fan, I just saw the movie when it came out and liked it. I just assumed you was referring to it. 

Also i don't care a bit about what they do with the continuity, i understand their motives for that part completely. The only time i hated something that was changed from the CB was the fantastic four 2 movie.
#11 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicGod432: Cloud Galactus was some bull$#!t
#12 Posted by CosmicGod432 (177 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Exactly. Also how they screwed up the Silver Surfer. He is one of my favorite characters and it is retarded how they made his powers come from his board.
#13 Posted by Venom802 (41 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: I strongly agree :)
#14 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicGod432: Oh, see I assumed you were a Trekkie because alot of the fans refer to the new movie which I personally think is the only cool thing of Star Trek.  I agree the continuity in Fantastic Four movies were sort of crap.......................................................
#15 Posted by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

I respect your opinion, but I'll have to see for myself.

#16 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio

I just recently saw it and I thought it was good. I'd say it's the best X-Men movie there is.

#17 Posted by Manchine (4169 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes it was so Horrible..... in Bizarro world.
#18 Posted by MTHarman (725 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't take this the wrong way, but I pity you. 

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicGod432: I do sympathise with you about not liking a well received movie because I remember back when Blair Witch camoe out everyone was talking about how great it was while I thought it was one of the biggest waists of time in the history of movies 
#20 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicGod432: I could get some of the things you are saying, but for the most part I though it was a great movie.

I don't even like the X-Men and that movie I really, really, liked.
#21 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio

I just saw the movie for the first time a couple of days ago... My expectations were low so I actually enjoyed the movie...

Yes, the acting could have been better.
Yes, Henry McCoy's Beast form could have been less cheesy.
Yes, Havok doing the hula hoop mambo before firing off a blast was....um.. stupid....

But I still enjoyed the movie...  I gotta ask, why would you buy a movie before seeing it? 

#22 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicGod432

yeah, I only thought the movie was okay 
most of my friends liked it a lot more than I did 
I had too many issues with it 
I'm also not a huge fan of First Class 
#23 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the blue-ray was coming out next tuesday?

#24 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicGod432: Well if you really feel that way about it... Can I have the blu-ray? :)
#25 Posted by Shadow_Thief (2509 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: Unfortunately, that's not saying much. An uncooked hotdog would seem appetizing after three turd sandwiches. 

I haven't yet seen the film, so I can't comment on it either way, but all three of those films you compared it to only made me pray for the day Marvel reclaims all their rights from Fox.
#26 Posted by Venom802 (41 posts) - - Show Bio

well it was a good movie but x-men first class movie<X-men first class comics lol

#27 Posted by CosmicGod432 (177 posts) - - Show Bio
@MTHarman: And why might you "pity" me?
#28 Posted by TheRealJeanGrey (127 posts) - - Show Bio

Besides Xavier and Erik the casting SUCKED
#29 Posted by CosmicGod432 (177 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheRealJeanGrey: Thank you. Finally someone agrees 

However I did just give the movie another chance and I liked it a lot more but It is still not a great movie.
#30 Posted by TheRealJeanGrey (127 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicGod432 said:

@TheRealJeanGrey: Thank you. Finally someone agrees  However I did just give the movie another chance and I liked it a lot more but It is still not a great movie.

@CosmicGod432: 

I thought it was just OK. They took too many liberties with too many things and it bacame something loosely based on the work of Stan Lee. And casting affects the believeablity of a movie. Everytime one of the minor characters talked it took me immediately out of the movie. minor character= any who is not Xavier and Erik... January Jones as Emma sucked the hardest... Im so team Alice Eve
#31 Posted by CosmicGod432 (177 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheRealJeanGrey: I agree about the acting part. I thought January Jones was good but that could just be my love for her. I think she could have done better if she had a bigger part. All the young mutants were horrible and like you said it ruined it. 
#32 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

I though this was the best X-men movie. So to each their own. 

#33 Posted by TheRealJeanGrey (127 posts) - - Show Bio

just look at this 

@CosmicGod432 said:

@TheRealJeanGrey: I agree about the acting part. I thought January Jones was good but that could just be my love for her. I think she could have done better if she had a bigger part. All the young mutants were horrible and like you said it ruined it. 

#34 Posted by entropy_aegis (15306 posts) - - Show Bio
@InnerVenom123 said:
I though this was the best X-men movie. So to each their own. 
Yup.
#35 Posted by SC (13074 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel this way about every movie ever. And song, and ice cream, and TV show. Its never as good as what other people tell you. So now I just play board/bored games. They are fanfreakingtastic. 

#36 Posted by Planewalker (326 posts) - - Show Bio

that's your personal opinion I for one really enjoy the movie, the only issue is the choice of characters used on the film but even that can be overlooked 

#37 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

Best comic movie this summer no doubt :D
#38 Edited by Afterglow (384 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicGod432 said:

So I spent $23 today on a bluray x-men first class, I thought it was going to be good but is was horrible. The only good acting was the characters Magneto and Prof. X. The special effects weren't even good. They added so many slow scenes with only a couple good action sequences. There was a lot of cheesy moments also. Does anybody feel this way?

You didn't think Kevin Bacon was acting well? Adapt to this!

Anyway, I nearly shed a tear at the end, so no. Not that I don't have any complaints with the movie.

@Edgeworth_11 said:
Best comic movie this summer no doubt :D
I agree with this. Not that it had much competition. If it came out in 2012 it would be different.
#39 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

Well coming from someone who didn't buy the DVD but actually went to see the movie on June 3rd, I enjoyed it. Again don't expect a bunch of fight scenes in this movie, This is the origin of the X-Men, they still have yet to find out who are the good guys and the bad guys.

#40 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a good movie, not a great one. But a good one. 

#41 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't like it that much, but it wasn't bad by any means. Haven't seen it all though.

#42 Posted by _jackbauer (157 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicGod432: My opinion on this matter is that you have horrible taste in movies.
#43 Posted by Billy Batson (58021 posts) - - Show Bio

Still haven't seen it. 

BB

#44 Posted by IfDCRuledTheWorld (656 posts) - - Show Bio

As an X-Men movie, it is clearly the best. As far as the characters in it, I found it lacking. I mean, come on, we all know who the first class were supposed to be. Besides Beast and an interesting back story for Mystique, the rest of the First Class cadets were silly. Silly wasp girl who spits fireballs...guy who survives anything but dies anyways...belly blast Havok??? Oh well, they got their money, right?
#45 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

I honestly think it was worse than X3 but still better than wolverine origions
#46 Posted by spidey1fan (225 posts) - - Show Bio

i thought it was bad to but i really liked magneto in this movie

#47 Posted by JediXMan (30546 posts) - - Show Bio

I had some problems with the movie, but I enjoyed it.

#48 Posted by The Stegman (24298 posts) - - Show Bio

i didn't HATE it, but i thought it was extremely, EXTREMELY overrated, i was actually kinda bored in the theater 

#49 Posted by Jnr6Lil (7705 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to mention the fact there were obscure X-Men characters

#50 Posted by War Killer (20184 posts) - - Show Bio

<-------Is waiting for it to come out on Redbox... <_<

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.