X-Men: First Class- Can We Talk About This?!?!

#1 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio
X-Men: First Class: Has it's flaws, of course, but put it this way, in a key scene between Xavier and Magneto, I saw girls (and some guys) in the theater tearing up. The best one they ever made.
#2 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

I never expected this movie to this good!! And Michael Fassbender as Magneto owned that movie!!

#3 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio

ok

#4 Edited by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, I thought people would have seen it by now and wanted to talk about it. Am I really the only one geeked about this movie now that they've seen it?

#5 Posted by Phylos (2641 posts) - - Show Bio

tell me all about it <( ^_^ )>
#6 Posted by Rudyftw (987 posts) - - Show Bio

I haven't seen the movie due to some issues, at least to me. 

Im not a big Marvel guy. The only X-Men ive ever read is Ultimate X Men, so that's maybe why? 

1st. How is Havok in this? Isn't he Scott's brother and isn't the movie during the Cold War or something? 
2nd. Mystique.... Why isn't she old in the modern X-Men movies? 
and Finally: My brother said the kid who played Ron Weasley was in this ... lmfao. I don't know if that's true or not, but that kinda killed it for me.

#7 Posted by Osiris1428 (1349 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rudyftw said:
I haven't seen the movie due to some issues, at least to me.  Im not a big Marvel guy. The only X-Men ive ever read is Ultimate X Men, so that's maybe why?    
 1st. How is Havok in this? Isn't he Scott's brother and isn't the movie during the Cold War or something?     
 This movie takes certain liberties with the original comic lore. But it all pays off. Don't be like the idiots who refused to see Thor because of simple ethnic changes. You will miss out on a wonderful cinematic experience that is right up there with The Dark Knight. I DO NOT SAY THIS LIGHTLY!!!!
 2nd. Mystique.... Why isn't she old in the modern X-Men movies? and...  
    They explain her mutant abilities in this film for that reason. And may I add, January Jones who? The chick that played Mystique, Jennifer Lawrence was so beautiful...*ahem* anyway.
 Finally: My brother said the kid who played Ron Weasley was in this ... lmfao. I don't know if that's true or not, but that kinda killed it for me.  
  Caleb Landry Jones plays Banshee. Don't where your brother gets his info from. And the Banshee flying scenes are great in this film. It felt like a real team based X-Men movie, unlike all the others.
#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24604 posts) - - Show Bio

Well in the Mainstream Marvel universe Mystique is well over 100 years old 

#9 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool. Might check it out this weekend.

#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24604 posts) - - Show Bio
@Rudyftw: your only valid complaint is the Havoc thing, this movie makes Mystique far younger than in the comics, but this is Fox xmen so look at it as an alternate world and if you can't then you don't have to watch it

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.