Latest X-Men: First Class Poster...

Posted by G-Man (35047 posts) - - Show Bio

Ever since we first started hearing about the next X-Men movie, most of us have been wondering what is going on. An X-Men reboot film that's been said to not be a reboot film, taking place in the past and causing conflicting backgrounds for some character (since Emma Frost apparently was in Wolverine Origins). The first official trailer we had for X-Men: First Class gave the film some promise. I'm not sure where exactly the movie is going but I do want to see what they do with it.

A new one-sheet has made its way online. As with the first group banner and other one-sheets, the use of photoshop is pretty apparent.

Is it just me or do some of the characters look like they have big heads?
Staff
#1 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

It honestly just keeps getting worse. Why doesn't Fox just get all the X-Men fans in a room and have bears rape them? It'd be less painful than watching this film.

#2 Posted by inferiorego (25694 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#3 Posted by MichaelBach (65 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like their heads was poorly photoshopped in, and in the wrong size.

#4 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

why in the hell, does every poster they release look even more amateurish then the last. I know high schoolers who do better than this in photoshop. Are they paying people for these?

#5 Posted by .Mistress Redhead. (27119 posts) - - Show Bio

They all look REALLY unattractive as well, what is up with Frosts face?

#6 Posted by papad1992 (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know... but this is a total turn off!!!!
#7 Posted by KRYPTON (1891 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks weird

#8 Posted by craigbo180 (196 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the look of this poster at all.

#9 Posted by SneakyPenguins (55 posts) - - Show Bio

this looks off, I think it may be the heads but something just make me feel uneasy looking at this. 

This poster may be worse then the last ones lol
#10 Posted by Thunderscream (1810 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
" It honestly just keeps getting worse. Why doesn't Fox just get all the X-Men fans in a room and have bears rape them? It'd be less painful than watching this film. "
qtf

ok fox. it'd be nice if you'd hire actual designers instead of your friends who "kinda know some stuff in photoshop"
#11 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh..

#12 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, I wonder when I should buy Fox stock. When will it be cheapest, right before this movie comes out, or right after? Of course, this could end up bankrupting them. Gosh, investing is hard!

#13 Posted by sora_thekey (8176 posts) - - Show Bio
No Comment!
#14 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (9094 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree the heads look really weird

#15 Posted by batmanary (798 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:
" Hmm, I wonder when I should buy Fox stock. When will it be cheapest, right before this movie comes out, or right after? Of course, this could end up bankrupting them. Gosh, investing is hard! "
honestly. Good news though, my Time Warner stock DOUBLED!
#16 Posted by TypingKira (3509 posts) - - Show Bio
@sora_thekey said:
" No Comment! "
Oh the irony! 

This is very, very poor photoshopping. I used to be in a general media class and the kids in that class (who were in 7th/8th grade) could do better. For shame. 
#17 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

Astonishing X men much ?!? it does look pretty awkward tho.

#18 Edited by Metatron_Da_Don (1037 posts) - - Show Bio

can we assume that the game will not need a DK mode?

#19 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

It does have a caricature look to it.

#20 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it bad that the only normal looking one is Beast?

#21 Edited by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah the poster is very simplistic, and yes you would expect a movie studio to put more effort into getting artists who make quality posters that qualify as art but that doesn't make the poster terrible. Below are two posters that are much better in terms of artistic quality. I think they are better and live up to what most people expect from a professional artist. They are from  http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2011/04/x-men-first-class-fans-create.html and  http://secretundergroundheadquarters.com/ . There are more posters at the link. The two below I think were the best. But at the same time I actually like the official UK poster in the original post. I like that the characters are separate allowing you to see the entire body of each individual character and I like that the poster captures the basic identity of each character. 

Also here's a larger version of the official UK poster from  http://www.heyuguys.co.uk/images/2011/04/Xmen_1st_Class_1Sht_E.jpg

#22 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

1. let this series die and be reborn

2. 4 movies now and mystique still looks ridiculous

3. worst emma frost cosplay ever

4. THAT IS NOT IAN McKELLEN!!!!!!

#23 Posted by G-Man (35047 posts) - - Show Bio
@xybernauts: I love how the URL ends. Sht_E. Pretty much sums up the attempt.
Staff
#24 Edited by xybernauts (858 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man: lol, Well I'm pretty sure it stands for sheet e. But in defense of the artist, we assume that the artist only photoshopped the pics together, but it's possible he did more then that. Perhaps he also took the photographs of the actors for instance.
 Besides I think the poster was only meant as a teaser to draw some publicity. I personally enjoy them. If they are going to spend money, spend it on making the movie better, not on the poster. So I don't mind if the poster is done cheaply. Ultimately who cares how the poster looks as long as the movies good. Posters were important back in the day before internet, but now they are just a tradition really. I mean who decides which movie they are gonna watch based just on a poster.  Maybe if it was the costumes or the actors that might be something to be upset about, but it's just a poster. If the movie isn't good then maybe we can burn Fox at the stakes. Who knows maybe Fox is trying to lower our expectations so they can blow us out of the water with a spectacular movie. :)
#25 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

Cannot unsee the hugeness of their heads o___O

#26 Posted by Doctor!!!!! (2055 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it! looks like the orignal movies!
#27 Posted by Chicago_Bruce (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree, it looks like their heads were added in separately from their bodies. It's photoshop madness

#28 Posted by ConstantRa1n (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me, or could a toddler do a better photoshop job?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.