A Character To Match Magneto In Sequel (*Spoiler Alert!*)

#1 Edited by Edamame (27966 posts) - - Show Bio
Spoiler Alert!

If a sequel does get made (that is if it makes enough money), there will be a new character that will be introduced and used to match Magneto since Xavier ends up in a wheelchair.
Any thoughts on who this character could be? Apparently, this character is supposed to be Magneto's nemesis.

Since they haven't used her yet, could it be Jean Grey?
Do you think they would prefer to use an "unknown" character instead? If so, who do you think that character would be?

Source:
 http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=37903
#2 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18823 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool to see Polaris in the sequel :]

#3 Edited by Edamame (27966 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

It would be cool to see Polaris in the sequel :]

Do you think that she could be used to combat Magneto? If so, that would be interesting.
#4 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18823 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Well her and Magneto do basically have the same powers, if not then similar. They haven't used her in any movies yet also. It would be really interesting though. 
#5 Edited by Edamame (27966 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

@Edamame: Well her and Magneto do basically have the same powers, if not then similar. They haven't used her in any movies yet also. It would be really interesting though. 

Very true. Their powers are very similar.
If Polaris isn't used, then which other character(s) do you think could be used? For some reason, Exodus came to my mind. Not sure why, though. Also, may I ask how often has Polaris fought Magneto in the comics? I haven't read that many Polaris comics, unfortunately.
#6 Posted by joshmightbe (24604 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse and Magneto hate eachother and Sinister has caused plenty of mutant deaths and could defiantly give Magneto a fight tho of the 2 Sinister would be the easiest to translate to film 

#7 Posted by Edamame (27966 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
Apocalypse and Magneto hate eachother and Sinister has caused plenty of mutant deaths and could defiantly give Magneto a fight tho of the 2 Sinister would be the easiest to translate to film 
Very true. In addition, Mr. Sinister posed as a Nazi scientist during World War II, and to put it vaguely but simply, he did a lot of bad things there, as you could imagine. So, I would imagine that Magneto would not have positive thoughts on Sinister. I am also sure that Magneto wouldn't appreciate how Mr. Sinister likes to toy with mutants' lives as well. Not to mention the renowned Mutant Massacre.  So this would be an interesting clash. 

Apocalypse would be an interesting choice. As I see it, both Magneto and Apocalypse believe in worldwide mutant domination, but Apocalypse takes it a step further by wanting to eliminate the "weak" mutants as only he sees it. So that would conflict with Magneto's goals and philosophies.  On the other hand, I would initially think that Apocalypse in some sense respects Magneto for his incredible powers and such, but Apocalypse is often hypocritical and tends to only think about himself. 

Out of curiosity, may I ask why you think it would be easier to put Mr. Sinister in a live-action X-Men film? I am sure there are many reasons, but I am just curious.
#8 Posted by joshmightbe (24604 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: It'd be hard to do the character justice due to his powers and long history at least in one movie 
#9 Posted by Edamame (27966 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@Edamame: It'd be hard to do the character justice due to his powers and long history at least in one movie 
That's true. Apocalypse has so many powers and obviously has a very long history. 
#10 Posted by joshmightbe (24604 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: he wouldn't be hard to put in a movie it'd just be difficult to do him well
#11 Posted by Edamame (27966 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@Edamame: he wouldn't be hard to put in a movie it'd just be difficult to do him well
Indeed.  They could simply introduce him without having to delve into the character's history. His personality is quite unique as well.
#12 Posted by joshmightbe (24604 posts) - - Show Bio
@Edamame: Fox would probably make him too one dimensional 
#13 Posted by Edamame (27966 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:
@Edamame: Fox would probably make him too one dimensional 
That's exactly what I would see happening.  I fear that they would depict Apocalypse as a Doomsday-like character; one who simply is extremely powerful, has no interesting/unique personality and defeats everyone who opposes him.  Apocalypse is obviously much more complex and developed than that.
I don't see them messing up Mr. Sinister, though (in terms of one-dimensionality and such).
Even in some comics, Apocalypse is depicted too much as one-dimensional. 
#14 Posted by celestial_man (108 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually do  not see  magneto been the main villain   in  the  squeal to first class  i would hazzard a guess that they will make emma frost as the main villain useing the storyline feature in the new mutants of  2 rival schools training  mutants emma frosts hellions and xaviers x-men / new mutants   with a cold war like escalation of  power and arms between the two  with magneto working in the background in other projects.  this could be combined with   a shinobi shaw working with  trask/bolvar to create something sentinel like to attack mutants to gain vengeance ?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.