Follow

X-Men: Days of Future Past

Movie » X-Men: Days of Future Past released on May 23, 2014.

The seventh installment in the X-Men film series, loosely based on the 1981 comic storyline. It marks Bryan Singer's return to the X-Men franchise. This time Wolverine and some X-Men have to save the future by changing the past.

X-Men: Days of Future Past

• 156 results
    Avatar image for idinatolbolowsky
    Idinatolbolowsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Yesterday i watched movie X-Men Days Of Future Past its great one & watching it with very great interest in which movie the main or best character is one and only "Hugh Jackman" and he looks fabulous in Brown Jacket i must say its a great outfit he wear. after watching this movie and inspired from Hugh Jackman i search on Internet for this outfit wore by him to my boy friend next his birth will come. suggest me any site where it will available in affordable price. i visit many site one of them is "Famous Jacket" wear the price is photo-shot is perfect i want some suggest about this one....here the picture available on website.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

DrLove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theheat said:

@t_hench said:

Something Ive been pondering....with the events of this film, does that mean that "the Wolverine" story never happened?

X-Men 3 and The Wolverine never happened. Origins may not have happened either.

The only films that happened are First Class and DOFP. X1 X2 X3 and both wolverine movies are gone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
    deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

What's the deal with Wolverine not being able to dround?

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drlove said:

@theheat said:

@t_hench said:

Something Ive been pondering....with the events of this film, does that mean that "the Wolverine" story never happened?

The only films that happened are First Class and DOFP. X1 X2 X3 and both wolverine movies are gone.

Origins may be unaffected since it is mostly just wolverine and not the x-men.

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

@goobot said:

@drlove said:

@theheat said:

@t_hench said:

Origins may be unaffected since it is mostly just wolverine and not the x-men.

damn.

jason44143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i apologize for the rant, but as mostly everyone that i know do not love comics as much as i do, my only means to vent is on this site.

i read a bunch of reviews this one included about this film, and they all were giving such positive remarks that it made me change my mind of how bad this movie would be. So i went to go see it, and i really wish i had saved the money and just downloaded it. Though it wasnt terrible it was a three star film at best.

once again bryan singer has shown he can direct a decent movie but knows absolutely nothing about the characters.

heres the good

1.) good story. flowed well some plot holes here or there but overall good.

2.) the acting, xavier, magneto, mystique and wolverine were great. young magneto once again completely stole the show from old magneto.

3.) quicksilver was cool. Lets not go overboard like most people have been though. It was a cool scene but nothing we havent seen time and time again since the matrix was made

THE BAD

1.) i understand the way it worked in the story sending wolverine to the past. but it was just unnecessary. it was the prime opportunity to use bishop. introduce another cool character to keep fans interested instead of just cameos, which, im sorry, thats really all he was. Heres what you do. You introduce a mutant that can send people back to the past. they pick bishop. thats it, no other explanation needed. dont overcomplicate it. just for the sake of overcomplicating it.

2.) wolverine (cashcow) could still be in it. I love wolverine, hes one of my favorite characters ever i want to see as much of him as i can but he just doesnt have to be the guy to go to the past. he was alive back then and in the future, you can still write him in through the entire movie without making him the central character to keep the plot moving. i want to see another character be a centerpiece. i should add another character besides wolverine, xavier, or magneto. its been done, we get it, theyre awesome.

3.) why does bishop need to have a gun plugged into him? i always liked the idea that, hes not always charged so when hes not he has a gun to fight with. Not i need this gun to discharge all the power i absorbed. i mean was he born with said gun in hand? *SIDENOTE - the way he died, ok just pull the trigger thats all the power your absorbing going away right there, now you dont explode.*

4.) the sentinels from the past looked so much cooler than the future ones. i was so dissappointed when i saw the future sentinels. i know theyre supposed to look like mystique but they looked awful.

5.) they dont need mystiques powers to be a threat. the whole story could have been just to stop an assassination that would lead to the sentinel program being ok'ed causing a desolate future of the mutants being virtually exterminated by thousands of sentinels. ONCE AGAIN DONT OVERCOMPLICATE IT!

THE AWFUL

1.) first why, why, why did they even use kitty pryde as the time traveling power person. i know there saying her powers evolved to that point , but really how does becoming intangible correlate with the space time continuum? they could have just created an original character and it would have made more sense. *SIDENOTE- so if the sentinels came while she was doing the whole wolverine in past thing. why didnt she just stop send someone back again and say hey this wolverine in the past thing will be interrupted on this day so dont do it at that time. *

2.) they ruined beast. this goes back to my comment about singer's understanding of the characters. turning beast into a guy that can just turn his power on and off goes against everything beast was. he turned himself into the blue creature because he wanted so desperately not to become it, he used a serum that actually accelerated his mutation when he was trying to rid himself of it. you would think he may have learned his lesson from that and just learned to accept himself for who he was. in fact thats what makes his character great, because he does do that. Turning him into some sort of hulk creature is not who beast is. its about looking past his beastly exterior to realize hes not a brute but an intellectual genius

3.) ok i know im picking apart a "scifi" plot here, but how exactly does mystiques powers correlate to sentinels assimilating powers of other mutants? last time i checked she could only shapeshift into people not take on their powers. this again goes into bryan singer knowing nothing about the characters hes working with.

4.) wolverine apparently cant drown. didnt know a mutant healing ability also makes you grow gills which is just about the only way he could have survived being under water for 10-20 minutes there

5.) so mystique takes wolverine as stryker in the end, this leads to all sorts of huh? so how does the real stryker get him? does he even care about him? was mystique the one that gave him his adamantium?

6.) people keep telling me that this movie made all the good things from the franchise's past movies valid and the bad things null. but i was left completely confused over it. maybe i missed something. did x3 even happen? i mean lord knows i hope it didnt but cyclops is there, jeans there. how?

7.) The useless cameos. wow, i dont think ive seen so much money wasted on completely useless cameos. heres a list of people that were overpaid because their part could not have been completely excluded and it would have been the same movie - anna paquin; rogue, halle berry; storm, shawn ashmore; iceman, Daniel Cudmore; colossus, Adan Canto; sunspot, BooBoo Stewart; warpath, Lucas Till; havok, Evan Jonigkeit; toad, Famke Jansen; Jean, James Marsden; cyclops. THATS 10 PEOPLE JUST OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD!!!

8.) Halle Berry. When x-men first came out in 2000 halle berry was by far the best person to play storm. she had the look and the acting chops. i think we all thought she was the quintessential storrm at casting. now weve seen her, and 14 yrs have gone by. though she may be a good actress for other things, action movies are not for her. she can not pull them off. in 14 yrs you cant tell me they couldnt have found another qualified actress to play storm and one who could do a good performance for the money they wanted to pay, instead of overpaying halle to get nothing out of it.

9.) Look i know im being a harsh critic but my feelings are this, if a 40 minute cartoon (x-men tas) can depict this story with its own spin on it better than a multimillion dollar movie than somethings wrong.

and finally...

10.) the Apocalypse after credits scene. Ugh the not understanding the characters your using thing again. If that was supposed to be Apocalypse, since when can he telekinetically move objects. I know he has a ton of powers but i dont remember that as one. I really hope that scrawny guy isnt the one theyve chosen to play apocalypse. And where are the marks on his face, i always liked that unique look about him. not his grey skin.

please dont ruin age of apocalypse too. Quit destroying all the x-stories i love.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

Pros:

• Wolverine was more like actual Wolverine
    • Scott and Jean are alive again! (I almost cried)
    • Quicksilver was funny

Cons:

• Iceman & Colossus's deaths were...graphic
    • Old!Magneto wasn't badass enough. I was hoping for a "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"-type scene
    • When the f*ck did Kitty learn how to send people back in time?

Overall, the movie was pretty good, (better than I expected) but not perfect.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
    amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@vandersexxx said:

Finally this seems to be the only X-Men film practically had fun watching. Also....

I envied the Vietnamese officer who was taken down by Mystique. During that scene damn her line where she says "don't you like me in this form?" is damn sexy and leg on his throat is a damn sexy way to get punished. I'd gladly allow myself to be punished by that woman any day. LMAO

I agree 100%. Why nobody in these movies ever seems to want her in her blue form will forever be a mystery to me. XD

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
    MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Just watched it. INCREDIBLE

mrcaino9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellionvulcan: the future scenes were a dissapointment. Yeah mags and storm stood out the most but they definitely could a made better use of them or at least have them try to take on a sentinel or two. We saw everyone but them two take on the sentinels.

I feel they could have made better use of almost every mutant in the future. During the ending battle, Storm & Magneto had the best combo... while Sunspot & Blink put up the best defense. Sadly, Iceman & Colossus (2 of my favorites) were completely underused. They were picked apart by the Sentinels without any real shine given to there fighting/mutant abilities. Where was Colossus super strength or near invulnerability... where was Iceman's power to regenerate after being shattered? What happened to Warpath's flight abilities and strength? None of these things were showcased well in this film. Now i understand there's not much time in one movie for all these characters to have that much dialog or character development... but as far as action scenes go... hell, i thought that's what they were there for (to showcase there powers in great detail one last time against the Sentinels... even destroying acouple of them in the process). Why not have Iceman (on his ice slide) moving left to right gliding past two or three Sentinels freezing them & then have Colossus run & charge shattering all three. Why not use Warpath as a Wolverine substitute in a fastball special with Colossus (once thrown, Warpath can cut off a Sentinels head with his blades). I would have loved to see a Sentinel blast Bishop (knocking the gun out of his hands), he then channels the power back at the Sentinel with his fist... destroying it! This was the type of action i was hoping & praying for going into this movie. So yeah, i agree... the future scenes were a big disappointment & (imho) very underwhelming but it's not just because of Storm & Mags lack of action... it was everybody.

bigfoot09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrcaino9: I agree all the future x-men were under used and dissapointing. I just used storm and mags as an example, not only cuz they are my favorite characters but also because they were by far the most powerful out of everybody else on the team... Actually storm was because mags was pretty much useless in the future for lack of metal. The only reason I was xcited for this movie were for the future scenes and the original trilogy cast coming back because they ARE the x-men! I'm not a fan of callin a movie x-men but only focusing on mags and mystique like 1st class. Tht pissed me off cuz we kno they arent. I was aware tht the future parts weren't goin to be as much as the past parts but a hugely thought they were goin to get more shine than what they did! We literally saw them for like 5min! Thts it!! And from what we did see of them, they didn't even go all out. U would think tht if they were pretty much the last mutants on earth and no tht if they die, they won't have a future to go back to, tht they would go all out with everything they had! Like u said fast ball specials, freezing and shattering them, or storm make a huge hurricane not a BLIZZARD??? Really wtf a blizzard gna do to a robot? They don't get cold! I'm sorry but if they would have utilized her powers better her winds could have proven to be their best defense for quite awhile... they woulda had a hard ass time flying through a hurricane and multiple tornadoes and while their gettin whipped around the other characters could have combined all their powers and attacked them while their flingn around. I also think it woulda been cool of they brought mags gettin charged by lighting power in this movie. Cuz I thought it woulda been awesome for storm to strike him & he absorbs so much, tht he creates a magnetic shield, shielding the whole fortress for a bit causing them to throw out even more attacks for abit until the shield weakens from all the sentinals! I thought tht would have been awesome! Idk, I just feel if tht was our last time seein them, then we shoulda saw them more than 5min and they shoulda been shown goin out with a bang. I hope we get another movie with the original cast! But thts Askin to much I'm sure.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
    The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

A great movie.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.