Shawn Ashmore (Iceman) Teases X-Men: Days of the Future Past

Posted by sora_thekey (8105 posts) - - Show Bio

In a recent interview with IGN.com, Shawn Ashomre talked about playing Iceman for the fourth time in 2014's X-men: Days of the Future Past movie. During the interview, one of his responses might have teased something about the movie's plot.

Ashmore explains that he did not get his hopes up to returning to the role of Bobby Drake when he first heard about this movie, but as an X-Men fan he knew that the story involved time travel:

I know about the script, but I haven’t been able to read the script. (Laughs) I haven’t read the script, but I have a very good idea of what’s happening and what my role is. I know, but I’m sworn to secrecy.

When asked if he was excited for the story that has been planned out he answered:

I think the take on the story is really interesting. I think that Days of Future Past, as any X-Men fans knows, is a great arc. I love the idea of combining and bringing some cohesion to the two timelines that are happening now. I think that’s exciting. Obviously the First Class cast is incredible, and having Ian Mckellen and Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman interact with other cast members is going to be really exciting. Not only is the combination of the cast going to be really cool, but the story itself is going to be really fun.

Could this mean that the characters who will travel back in time are Magneto, Xavier and Wolverine instead of Kitty Pryde? With the confirmation of Ellen Page returning to the role of Shadowcat one would assume that she would play a key role in the adaptation of this X-Men story arc. Then again, comic book movies aren't known for keeping their plots true to the source material.

Fox's X-Men: Days of Future Past opens in theaters on July 18, 2014.

Read the Full Interview: IGN.com

-- Geo (sora_thekey) 24/7 geek! -- Follow me on Twitter: @Geo_sorathekey

#1 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3663 posts) - - Show Bio

I don`t want comic book movies that are 100 % true to the source material. I want new takes. Or at least new enough. This sounds good to me.

#2 Posted by lykopis (10756 posts) - - Show Bio

The news that Shawn, Ellen and Anna were going to be cast into this movie is great to me since it meant they would be taking the story to places I would expect it to because of the time travel involved in Days of Future Past. The idea of Kitty not being front and centre is a little off-putting as a comic fan but in terms of movie canon, it would make more sense for the character of Rogue to take up that spot since she and Wolverine have developed that relationship on screen -- sort of like Rogue representing all the young girls Logan has taken under his wing throughout his comic history.

Either way, I would be happy with either/or. And, I would also love Bobby to be with Kitty and not Rogue. Just sayin'.

#3 Posted by Baberaham_Lincoln (895 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Iceman sliding around shooting ice and shit YEAHHH!!!... not just standing there, and headbutting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.