Colossus and Blink Join 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'

• 70 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (35237 posts) - - Show Bio

Twitter's a beautiful thing, isn't it? Marc Webb has been tweeting from the set of Amazing Spider-Man 2 every day, and director Bryan Singer has been dropping plenty of news for his comic book movie on the social media site, too. He previously used his Twitter page to announce returning actors and bits of the set, and today he revealed even more characters are being added to the film!

Daniel Cudmore -- who played as Colossus in X2: X-Men United and X-Men: The Last Stand -- is on the wall. This is fantastic news seeing as the character does indeed play a big part in the source material and, to be blunt, barely got any screen time in the previous films. Hopefully this means we'll witness the Russian destroy a Sentinel or two.

Fan Bingbing is also posted to the wall and The Hollywood Reporter claims she'll play as Blink, the teleporter originally from the Age of Apocalypse universe. Also in the image is Booboo Stewart. Any guesses on who he'll play, Viners?

Source: IGN, Twitter, The Hollywood Reporter

Staff
#1 Posted by krspaceT (1458 posts) - - Show Bio

Forge perhaps

#2 Edited by JimmyOlsen1 (150 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME!!! Love Daniel Cudmore as Colossus. Now I just need Taylor Kitsch as Gambit aaaand James Marsden as Cyclops. That would be the perfect X-Men Movie for me, I guess!

#3 Edited by Doombert (506 posts) - - Show Bio

Big fan of AoA Blink. I have no idea why they would throw her into the story. Hopefully it doesnt become an "lets cram as many of them as we can" into one movie thing.

#4 Posted by Trevel8182 (744 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this movie might suffer from T.M.S.G.O(To Much Shit Going On).

#5 Posted by RavenVice01 (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Boo Boo Stewart could definitely play Sunspot since they both look alike.

#6 Posted by judasnixon (5475 posts) - - Show Bio

Who isn't in this @#$% movie?

#7 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2310 posts) - - Show Bio
@Doombert said:
Big fan of AoA Blink. I have no idea why they would throw her into the story. Hopefully it doesnt become an "lets cram as many of them as we can" into one movie thing.
Probably need a teleporter since Azazel won't be back and nightcrawler isn't looking likely. I'm just happy to see blink make her debut into the movie franchise hopefully with a better outcome than Psylocke. 
#8 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (5913 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds congested.

And that's worrisome.

#9 Posted by GothamRed (2561 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Booboo...I feel so bad for him having that name. But out of curiosity how many more people are going to be in this movie?

#10 Posted by Sleepbutnodream15 (556 posts) - - Show Bio

Not everyone is gonna be playing a major role.

#11 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2520 posts) - - Show Bio

@judasnixon: Proteus

#12 Posted by fables87 (843 posts) - - Show Bio

Blink would be cool to see!

#13 Posted by danhimself (21916 posts) - - Show Bio

wtf is up with these people's names....who names their kid Booboo

#14 Posted by longbowhunter (5872 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been a Blink fan for a longtime. AoA was the last big comic story I remember collecting in grade school.

#15 Posted by thenexusrebound (228 posts) - - Show Bio

I love all the concern over the cast being large. No where does it say these people are getting equal face time, cause no offense until today I had never heard of Booboo Stewart or Fan BingBing. Most likely they may get a little time but nothing too huge.

#16 Posted by TheCowman (461 posts) - - Show Bio

Blink in Days of Future Past?

So I take it this will follow the previous movies' tradition of "plug random X-character into random cast slot".

I'm not saying the movie's gonna be bad or anything, but I've just had no enthusiasm for this movie so far and this doesn't change that.

#17 Posted by JakeN7 (5519 posts) - - Show Bio

"Fan Bingbing" and "Booboo Stewart"

...you can't make this $#!7 up

#18 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8760 posts) - - Show Bio

The cast for this movie is amazing!

#19 Posted by Baddamdog (2222 posts) - - Show Bio

Forge, Warpath or Thunderbird would be my guesses. Probably Forge seeing as there'll be some technology involved in creating Sentinels/Time travel machines blah blah.

Plus my first guess for Fan was going to be an older Jubilee, but with no Azael or Nightcrawler (allegedly), it looks like they're gonna need a teleporter.

#20 Edited by StMichalofWilson (3412 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. I can't wait for the rest!

#21 Edited by FoxxFireArt (3536 posts) - - Show Bio

I do love me some Blink, but how much will she look like Blink is another question. They did manage to screw up Emma in the last film.

I went to look up Fan Bingbing's credits. Seems she has some kind of role in IRON MAN 3.

#22 Posted by Perfect 10 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

love blink but are they going to go all the way with her make-up wise? hope they make her look good and badass like in AoA

#23 Posted by Perfect 10 (865 posts) - - Show Bio

booboo stewart??? wow he has grown up. glad to see him in a major picture. the only male japanese x-man is sunfire unless they are going the routes of casting and just cast who they think fit the role

#24 Posted by Jazon (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish this movie will fail so horribly that Marvel can buy the license back at a cheap price.

#25 Posted by alex6166 (64 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of people wanted Blink to come back. Maybe wasted potential there. Who knows?

#26 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

It's disrespectful that Colossus wasn't cast before Rogue, who wasn't once again in an original comic book story,which is produced by Fox. Hopefully we actually get to see a beeter looking Colossus doing what he normally does in Xmen comics.

#27 Posted by Mr. Messy Face (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is Peter Dinklage playing?!?!

#28 Edited by SpitfireINK (242 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like Blink is the similar drivel that Singer added with the Magneto Mutant Maker on top of the Stature Liberty -

in the first X-Men movie that really kept the movie from greatness.

Don't get me wrong - Blink is a very strong character to add - but the Claremont/Byrne story was very solid and should be an easy adaptation - and I don't care for the notion that Singer is mucking about with it.

Although I did enjoy both of the first 2 X-Men movies. (And loved X-MEN: First Class).

I just don't think Singer has it in him to produce a truly great X-MEN film.

- Just look at how bad SUPERMAN Returns is - it was everything that was classically wrong with Superhero movies -

Singer had a good foundation as to where to start the first 2 X-Men movies - How he implemented them and how successful they really are is very debatable. --- LIke I said --- the Merry Magneto Mutant Maker --- uggh!

I definitely don't have any issues with the Casting -- All of the Actors have brought their A game to the franchise - I worry about how the Story will be interpreted and the shaky success of the director involved. (At least its not Ratner).

#29 Edited by hyenascar (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohhh, Blink how i loved you. Barely got to see any 616 Blink. Curious how this will work out. I also didn't know she was supposed to be Chinese. I love X-men, but i haven't been biggest fan of the movies so far. Still I will watch.

#30 Posted by Cafeterialoca (1501 posts) - - Show Bio

I was apathetic about this movie, but Blink is one of my favorite X-Men characters. So yeah,I'm actually excited now.

#31 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2159 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember seeing pictures of actors taped to the wall like this when I was a PA on the Box Boarders movie. Fun.

#32 Posted by michaelthemighty17 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG iLOVE blink!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 Posted by michaelthemighty17 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@JakeN7: @danhimself:

lol

#34 Edited by Emperormeister734 (789 posts) - - Show Bio

So no Nightcrawler?

#35 Posted by dondave (27342 posts) - - Show Bio

@Emperormeister734: They recently announced that he won't be in the film

#36 Posted by LordRequiem (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey Singer do you remember a great thing about First Class? It was that it used an entirely new cast. But good job on ruining a film that's barely even started. Especially hiring a dwarf to be some ominous villain. That really is a complete kick in the face.

#37 Posted by Oscars94 (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@EnSabahNurX: Nightcrawler was confirmed to be in it

#38 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5701 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@Emperormeister734: They recently announced that he won't be in the film

What?! Nightcrawler's not going to be in this film? Well, that's bad. Well, at least Colossus is in this film! Now, we just have to see where this story is going to go and I agree that there are too many characters in this film at the moment. I wonder how Singer is going to juggle all of these characters?

#39 Posted by Owen_Porter (83319 posts) - - Show Bio

@Baddamdog said:

Forge, Warpath or Thunderbird would be my guesses.

Same here.

Moderator Online
#40 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4805 posts) - - Show Bio

Love Fan! She'd be a badass Blink.

#41 Posted by HellknightLeon (69 posts) - - Show Bio

@longbowhunter said:

I've been a Blink fan for a longtime. AoA was the last big comic story I remember collecting in grade school.

Word for word. Love Blink and AoA. They are no doubt going to fuck her up but its nice seeing her get some love.

#42 Posted by ThePRez (269 posts) - - Show Bio

theres a lot characters to have them proper screen time

#43 Posted by quatro_briefs (384 posts) - - Show Bio

This is starting to look epic. Please make Colossus speak more, kick ass more, and destroy some Sentinels!!! YA!!!

#44 Posted by Veitha (2379 posts) - - Show Bio

Fastball special is coming

#45 Posted by ravisher (605 posts) - - Show Bio

whos the black guy? is he gonna be there 1st and only to die like last time?

just kidding but who is he?

#46 Posted by ravisher (605 posts) - - Show Bio

they gonna tie this in with the old movies. :(

this is gonna be sloopy

#47 Edited by SolthesunGod (276 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like they are casting six more roles. Hopefully Polaris and Rachel are in the mix.

#48 Posted by KomicKev (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my guess, a lot of mutants may mean some cannon fodder for the Sentinels (assuming of course, there WILL be Sentinels). Some of these characters/actors may just be in the background or making cameo appearances. If there is some sort of concentration camp scenario, these "who are they going to be?" actors may be roaming around in there.

#49 Posted by OneyedJacks (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohhhh I'm so happy to see Colossus in this movie but, where f#ç!%@! are Banshee and Havok??? Why they are gone...?!

#50 Posted by Oscars94 (2012 posts) - - Show Bio

@OneyedJacks: Yes I agree, in order to make this movie great you need to have the past and future characters to have a connection. Nightcrawler should see Azazel and Mystique, Cyclops could see Havok. Also a team with people with similar powers e.g Riptide and Storm. Banshee and Angel could be seen flying around together, it would look so cool. Man, I wish I was directing this... Also I want to see Colossus smashing up some Sentinels!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.