wmwadeii's X-Men #38 - The Boneyard, Part 1 review

X-Men #38 Review

Cover - 5/5

Would I pick-up the comic based on the cover alone? Are the alternate covers appealing? Does the cover portray what happens in the issue?

Art - 3/5

Do I personally like this artist's style? Does the artist stay true to the characters appearance?

Color/Ink - 5/5

Does the work blend well with the artist? Is the coloring/inking enjoyable and easy to distinguish what's happening?

Layout - 5/5

Does the layout of the issue make it easy to read? Does the issue have a good flow of the plot and keep me engaged?

Story - 4/5

How well did the issue further develop the current story arc? How well did the issue further develop the characters?

Verdict - 4.4

What I think: While the cover isn't the best, Domino is one of my favorite characters so I would definitely give this a look. Not sure what it is about the art in this issue but it really didn't impress me. Otherwise this was a great issue. After that last story arc it's nice to see a change of pace. Domino is perhaps one of the more interesting characters and Marvel could do a lot to expand on her back story. Unfortunately this will probably be another filler issue along with the second part and will probably have no lasting impact on the books or Domino as a character.