djotaku's X-Men #28 review

Goodbye X-Men Vol 3

I've been complaining for ages that there were too many X-Men books. Looks like I've finally been proven right. X-Men volume three is just a series of X-Men stories that could take place any time. And when it's time to cut monthly books to fit in great stuff like BKV's Saga or Hickman's The Manhattan Projects the book that doesn't contribute anything to the overall story gets the cut.

Of course, that's not my only beef with X-Men Vol 3. I haven't exactly been a huge fan of the generic plots the book has had. This issue, in which Pixie deals with a bunch of bungling Skrulls is no exception. I could see the plot twist among the Skrulls a mile away (the one that happens in Horizon Labs). (Yo, guess what - among a bunch of crooks the master mind is going to double-cross the minions who had semi-pure intentions. Stop me if you've heard that one before)

Oh well....if the story quality picks up, I can always get the trades. Marvel puts them out so quickly nowadays.

Other reviews for X-Men #28

Comic Review -- X-Men #28 / Victor Gischler, Will Conrad, & Guru 0

Originally posted on my blog, The Comics Cove, not too long ago...While I'm these days more than a little sick of Skrull covers, I will say that this is one gorgeous cover. Of course, I'm also probably a little biased in favor of just about anything Will Conrad does. The dark tones and foreboding leers of the Skrullified X-Men makes even the presumably light-hearted presence of Spider-Man take on an air of intensity and desperation. Very well done.We start off with Pixie teleporting a man into t...

X-Men #28 Review 0

X-Men #28 ReviewOverview:X-Men+ Spider-Man+ most of the Fantastic Four+ Skrulls+ a whole issue centering on Pixie =Win!The Good:This issue was great, Victor Grischler created a really good story that not only centers on Pixie (a horribly underused and awesome character) but also has continuity!!! This issue has Skrulls, which brings part of the Secret Invasion event with it, in a good way; it also references the adventure the X-Men and FF had just before Regenesis to the other dimension. This is...