djotaku's X-Men #17 - Betrayal In The Bermuda Triangle, Part 2 review

I just couldn't care

After the excitement of the FF and X-Men teaming up wears off, what’s left?   Unfortunately, not much.   There’s a fun moment with the blondes being catty, but other than that this issue just didn’t do it for me at all.   The twist was only a twist because I’d elected not to read the story’s title.

The story does seem to be setting up for a neat battle, but I’m kinda left not caring.   I don’t know what it is that caused me to go sour so quickly, but the story just seems so blasé.   Maybe it’s because the Future Foundation and X-Men are EVERYWHERE nowadays (also doing a crossover in X-23) and I’m just sick of them.   I don’t know.   But I’m seriously considering dropping X-Men after this storyline and just collecting the interesting trades.

Posted by ElCapitan

Cyclop's costume makes him look like a penis. Emma should think about that before she knocks Reed Richards. Then again, maybe the comparison speaks to his prowess? I don't want to think about it anymore...

Posted by djotaku
@el33tcapitan said:

Yeah, you don't want to get into the territory of that guy from Mallrats.

I think it has less to do with his sexual abilities and more to do with the fact that he's a nerd and Scott's a jock.  At least in her eyes, because he's a tool to almost everyone else inside and outside the Marvel Universe.
Posted by ElCapitan

@djotaku: That could also be why he looks like a dick.

Posted by djotaku
@el33tcapitan: he certainly has been acting like one recently
Posted by AgeofHurricane

Your review, is exactly why i didn't even bother pick up the first issue of this arc, seeing too much of the same characters, let's hope regenesis can change that !

Online