djotaku's X-Men #11 - Blood Hunt review

And Now for Something Completely Different

At least that's how I felt when the Xavier's story kicked off.  The premise and the intro to the book set you up to think it's about Jubilee being accepted into the X-Men.  And it is....kinda.....in the sense that Xavier tells the story to her because of her angst.  The reason I gave 4/5 is that I actually liked Xavier's story.  And if I started penalizing issues for having misleading covers and intros, I think half or more of the books I'm reading would be 2/5 stars.  It seems to be a huge trend again to have lying covers.

The story is pretty neat once you get to the reveal and I'd probably have given it 5/5 if it weren't for two things: the story Xavier tells is irrelevant and will probably have nil impact on anything and I almost feel cheated after the setup from the first few pages.  But I'm not completely opposed to backstory - that's always fun and it's great to think that a character that has existed since the 1960s (in real life) could still have new stories to tell.

Also, maybe I'm not not as into the mythology as most others, but did anyone else think the story was going to have something to do with Ororo?

Posted by AgeofHurricane

I just got the issue (yeah,late) and as soon as i saw the word Kenya i thought the issue might have at least a little something to do with Ororo, but no.

Posted by djotaku
@AgeofHurricane: at least I'm not the only one.  q;o)