omertalvendetta's X-Men #11 - Blood Hunt review

Fill 'Em Up.

Cover:

It is pretty misleading and makes it look as though there are going to be some crazy confrontations and repercussions as a results of the outcome of Curse of the Mutants.

The Good:

The story itself is not altogether bad; it's not an action packed issue, but the pacing isn't sluggish, nonetheless.  Xavier telling Jubilee his tale gives perspective, which is pretty much what Xavier has always provided.  The mysterious entity throughout the issue also makes it just a tad appealing, at the very least.

The Bad:

The art was very distracting for me, and it was extremely difficult to get through it.  It's not atrocious by any means, but I am still not a very big fan of it.  In addition, I feel that the whole Jubilee thing is long overdue.  I was hoping they would have resolved her dilemma back in her own series, but the fact that it wasn't means that it bleeds onto this series (no pun intended) and it's frankly tiring me out.  Even after this issue, there is no finite resolution to what the writers are planning to do with the poor girl.  Either make her a vampire, or an x-member, or if you're gonna have her be in both worlds, make it clear, please!

Overall:

Not a terrible filler issue, but as of right now, it's hard to see the importance of this issue with the rest of the series or with Jubilee, for that matter.  I know that writers sometimes need to write filler issues like this to adjoin future series with past ones, but right now, it isn't very clear what direction this series is really going in.

3.5/5