X-Man and Hope?

#1 Posted by jordama (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

With X-Man finally joining up with the X-Men in the arc, Curse of the Mutants, do you think we will see Nathan and Hope dynamic. I think that would be very interesting conversation.
#2 Posted by Planewalker (329 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama:
Why not they share similar background in a strange way... 
#3 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio

they would have very powerful children
#4 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
" they would have very powerful children "
Weirdo. 

Nate Summers is AoA Cable and 616 Cable is Hope's adoptive father....
#5 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: 

they have completely different personalities this would be as different from dating x 23 or dating wolverine
#6 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
" @John Valentine:  they have completely different personalities this would be as different from dating x 23 or dating wolverine "
No, because X-23 is Wolverine's genetically modified clone daughter.
#7 Posted by NateGrey (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Nate dating Hope is entirely manageable, especially given the fact she is looking into her birth family and while Cable was her adoptive father the man who raised her. There is no reason Nate and Hope could not get together. Nate Grey is not Cable by any stretch. They share the same genetic code and power signature but he is a different person. As stated in the comics Nate Grey is the ultimate telekinetic, it's what all Nate Grey's have been. He was created by Sinister from Scott and Jean's DNA and perfected down to the last genome. Cable is the birth child of Scott and Madelyn Pryor, a clone of Jean Grey but is in no way Jean herself. Nate and Nathan while sharing much, are as different as Jean and Madelyn. More so in fact.  
So Nate and Hope hooking up is entirely possible and not at all wrong when it comes down to it. It would actually be a perfect match. They both grew up in a post apocalyptic world raised by surrogate fathers, never REALLY knowing their true parents. Both are extremely powerful with potentials that most can only dream of. They carry the weight of worlds on their shoulders a messiah and a shaman. And growing up like they did, they are both socially awkward essentially never living normal lives. Both are roughly 17 years old.

#8 Posted by jordama (4106 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree mostly with NateGrey, but it does have a little daddy issue feeling if they actually dated. I think it would be interesting just to see them working together maybe having a close bond that is unique to them, coming from similar backgrounds, they may be the only ones to really understand eachother. Plus I have a feeling that Hope is gonna be written as dating Franklin.
#9 Posted by NateGrey (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin is a bit young for her in this current universe... what's he like 10?

#10 Edited by jordama (4106 posts) - - Show Bio
@NateGrey:
in the heroic age issue they seemed to be implying it, and franklins age changes by the day.
#11 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7162 posts) - - Show Bio
@NateGrey said:
"I think Nate dating Hope is entirely manageable, especially given the fact she is looking into her birth family and while Cable was her adoptive father the man who raised her. There is no reason Nate and Hope could not get together. Nate Grey is not Cable by any stretch. They share the same genetic code and power signature but he is a different person. As stated in the comics Nate Grey is the ultimate telekinetic, it's what all Nate Grey's have been. He was created by Sinister from Scott and Jean's DNA and perfected down to the last genome. Cable is the birth child of Scott and Madelyn Pryor, a clone of Jean Grey but is in no way Jean herself. Nate and Nathan while sharing much, are as different as Jean and Madelyn. More so in fact.   So Nate and Hope hooking up is entirely possible and not at all wrong when it comes down to it. It would actually be a perfect match. They both grew up in a post apocalyptic world raised by surrogate fathers, never REALLY knowing their true parents. Both are extremely powerful with potentials that most can only dream of. They carry the weight of worlds on their shoulders a messiah and a shaman. And growing up like they did, they are both socially awkward essentially never living normal lives. Both are roughly 17 years old. "

thankyou thats what I meant that Nate and cable are completely different people and Nate himself has also been treated as a messiah
#12 Posted by pinchpaker29 (465 posts) - - Show Bio

Imagine their children?! They could be at least Onslaught level or something....

#13 Posted by NateGrey (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya I could see their child having the potential to destroy and remake the universe as they see fit.

#14 Posted by JediXMan (31328 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always seen Cable and X-Man as half-brothers. This would be a bit creepy. Somehow I could see it happening, though.

@pinchpaker29 said:

" Imagine their children?! They could be at least Onslaught level or something.... "
They'd be beyond Onslaught. This would probably be the most lethal combo of mutants.

@NateGrey said:
" Franklin is a bit young for her in this current universe... what's he like 10? "
O_o this is even more creepy than X-Man and Hope. Franklin is 10. Hope is... what, 18-20?
Moderator Online
#15 Posted by pinchpaker29 (465 posts) - - Show Bio
@JediXMan said:

" I've always seen Cable and X-Man as half-brothers. This would be a bit creepy. Somehow I could see it happening, though.

@pinchpaker29 said:

" Imagine their children?! They could be at least Onslaught level or something.... "
They'd be beyond Onslaught. This would probably be the most lethal combo of mutants.

Touché!
#16 Posted by DavidPianowski (31 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama said:
" @NateGrey: in the heroic age issue they seemed to be implying it, and franklins age changes by the day. "
its a expression
#17 Posted by artist77 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno- I'd rather have Nate reconcile with Threnody, that plot thread is YEARS overdue- cookie if you get the irony of that statement.

#18 Posted by NateGrey (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see some interaction between Nate and Threnody after all these years, maybe even see their child that was seemingly retconned out of existance. Still Nate and Hope together on any level is definitely needed.

#19 Posted by Powerzone789 (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@NateGrey:
hope is like 16 years old.....
#20 Edited by kimeraevet (187 posts) - - Show Bio
@NateGrey said:
" I think Nate dating Hope is entirely manageable, especially given the fact she is looking into her birth family and while Cable was her adoptive father the man who raised her. There is no reason Nate and Hope could not get together. Nate Grey is not Cable by any stretch. They share the same genetic code and power signature but he is a different person. As stated in the comics Nate Grey is the ultimate telekinetic, it's what all Nate Grey's have been. He was created by Sinister from Scott and Jean's DNA and perfected down to the last genome. Cable is the birth child of Scott and Madelyn Pryor, a clone of Jean Grey but is in no way Jean herself. Nate and Nathan while sharing much, are as different as Jean and Madelyn. More so in fact.   So Nate and Hope hooking up is entirely possible and not at all wrong when it comes down to it. It would actually be a perfect match. They both grew up in a post apocalyptic world raised by surrogate fathers, never REALLY knowing their true parents. Both are extremely powerful with potentials that most can only dream of. They carry the weight of worlds on their shoulders a messiah and a shaman. And growing up like they did, they are both socially awkward essentially never living normal lives. Both are roughly 17 years old. "
@John Valentine said:
" @Thor's hammmer said:
" @John Valentine:  they have completely different personalities this would be as different from dating x 23 or dating wolverine "
No, because X-23 is Wolverine's genetically modified clone daughter. "

Clones are the genetic copies of their source material.  X-23 is Wolverine without the Y chromosome. She is genetically his twin sister. Same thing goes for Jean/Madelyn and Nate Grey/Cable, they are each others genetic twin. It was incest when Nate and Madelyn hooked up, as much so as if Cable and Jean got together. The only differences between the clones and the originals are the experiences that formed their personalities. This would be like Cable and Rachel Summers hooking up. They are from different realities but are GENETICALLY related.  
Just because he/she comes from a test tube, an alternate reality or future doesn't make it any less incestuous. 
#21 Posted by NateGrey (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Powerzone789 Nate's approximately 17 biologically. He's said so himself. They're both roughly the same age.

#22 Posted by jordama (4106 posts) - - Show Bio
@NateGrey:
I didn't know that, I kinda assumed he was older.
#23 Posted by NateGrey (33 posts) - - Show Bio

He usually seems drawn to look older but ya he claimed in issue #68 of X-Man that he is "genetically 17".

#24 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
@kimeraevet said:
" @NateGrey said:
" I think Nate dating Hope is entirely manageable, especially given the fact she is looking into her birth family and while Cable was her adoptive father the man who raised her. There is no reason Nate and Hope could not get together. Nate Grey is not Cable by any stretch. They share the same genetic code and power signature but he is a different person. As stated in the comics Nate Grey is the ultimate telekinetic, it's what all Nate Grey's have been. He was created by Sinister from Scott and Jean's DNA and perfected down to the last genome. Cable is the birth child of Scott and Madelyn Pryor, a clone of Jean Grey but is in no way Jean herself. Nate and Nathan while sharing much, are as different as Jean and Madelyn. More so in fact.   So Nate and Hope hooking up is entirely possible and not at all wrong when it comes down to it. It would actually be a perfect match. They both grew up in a post apocalyptic world raised by surrogate fathers, never REALLY knowing their true parents. Both are extremely powerful with potentials that most can only dream of. They carry the weight of worlds on their shoulders a messiah and a shaman. And growing up like they did, they are both socially awkward essentially never living normal lives. Both are roughly 17 years old. "
@John Valentine said:
" @Thor's hammmer said:
No, because X-23 is Wolverine's genetically modified clone daughter. "
 Clones are the genetic copies of their source material.  X-23 is Wolverine without the Y chromosome. She is genetically his twin sister. Same thing goes for Jean/Madelyn and Nate Grey/Cable, they are each others genetic twin. It was incest when Nate and Madelyn hooked up, as much so as if Cable and Jean got together. The only differences between the clones and the originals are the experiences that formed their personalities. This would be like Cable and Rachel Summers hooking up. They are from different realities but are GENETICALLY related.  Just because he/she comes from a test tube, an alternate reality or future doesn't make it any less incestuous.  "
I'm pretty sure X-23 doesn't have Turner's Syndrome. I used the term "daughter" loosely, given his relationship to her and the age difference.
#25 Posted by Gawdzilla (375 posts) - - Show Bio
@NateGrey said:
" He usually seems drawn to look older but ya he claimed in issue #68 of X-Man that he is "genetically 17". "
I'd say Nate's in his early 20s by now which makes sense because he's going to be in New Mutants
#26 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

have they even met?

#27 Edited by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Not yet. But in New Mutants #28 it was implied by Dani that Hope pretty much wants nothing to do with him considering he appears to be a much younger very of the man who raised her, until later in the issue that is.

I just want all of Hope, Rachel, and Nate to finally meet. 
#28 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@mistersarcastic: Scans?
#29 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Here 

http://i53.tinypic.com/nn17qv.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/op2ukp.jpg
#30 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

She just did meet Nate

#31 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

This sucks.

#32 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a romance between Hope and X-Man would be a bit creepy, but could make for interesting TV. Personally I think when X-Man gets some of his powers back how he and Illyana could be interesting together. In the short term
I would like to see Hope and X-Man become friends.

#33 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gawdzilla said:
@NateGrey said:
" He usually seems drawn to look older but ya he claimed in issue #68 of X-Man that he is "genetically 17". "
I'd say Nate's in his early 20s by now which makes sense because he's going to be in New Mutants
Nah. I think at the most, he's 19.
#34 Posted by Gawdzilla (375 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85
He's got to be in his twenties by now. Artists don't draw him like a teen, they draw him like a man in his early twenties.
#35 Posted by jordama (4106 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gawdzilla: And they draw Idie like she is 20, not 14.
#36 Posted by Gawdzilla (375 posts) - - Show Bio
@jordama: Girls are always the exception though lol

Plus they mature faster than boys lol

But in all seriousness in the begging of Nate' solo he was what 16-17 years old? So during his Shaman days near the end of his solo he must have been about 18-19. His solo ended in 2001 and then he shows up again in Dark X-Men which was in 2009. That's 8 years real time, which has got to be about 2-3 years Marvel time. Add the months that he was hooked up to the Omega Machine.  So we use this information we can guess that at the youngest he's 20 almost 21 or 21 almost 22. Which is perfect cuz he's with the New Mutants who are all in there early to mid 20s.
#37 Posted by The Myth (546 posts) - - Show Bio

My question is how long do you think it will take before they finally repower Nate.

#38 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Myth said:
My question is how long do you think it will take before they finally repower Nate.
I'm not optimistic about that happening because for all intents and purposes, he'd be a god amongst insects and being an X-Man would be a waste of his time.
#39 Posted by labarith (669 posts) - - Show Bio

Moral and biological incest are different things. 

Arguably the only bad thing about incest is bad children.  So you could, in theory, go completely incest-crazy if you're homosexual, or if one party is infertile. 

Make no mistake... there is something psychologically creepy about incest - which is why incest with adopted children, etc. is still creepy. 

If Hope falls for Nate because he's Cable... that's pretty messed up apart from any incest questions. 
However I get the impression they might be like brother/sister... which would be pretty cute. 

The question is how is Cable coming back...

#40 Posted by The Myth (546 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85:  
That's true but these are the kind of things that you know will eventually happen, like Cable being brought back to life (which is all ready confirmed), or Jubilee being cured of her vampirism. 
It's just a matter of time before a writer finally decides to put these 'wrongs' right!
#41 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Myth said:
@jrock85:  That's true but these are the kind of things that you know will eventually happen, like Cable being brought back to life (which is all ready confirmed), or Jubilee being cured of her vampirism. It's just a matter of time before a writer finally decides to put these 'wrongs' right!
Editorial is more responsible than the writers are for all this crap that has occurred, and by all accounts, the X-editorial staff has their heads up their butts.
#42 Posted by The Myth (546 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate's and Hope's relationship pretty much summed up here:

#43 Posted by MetropolisKid41 (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah glad this is the route they're going with this. Any Summers-Grey relationship beyond Scott & jeans is creepy and some sort of genetic incest whether they're from the same marvel universe or not.

#44 Posted by victoriancuckoo (228 posts) - - Show Bio

too incest-y, if you mean in a romantic way

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.