Follow

X-Man

Character » X-Man appears in 816 issues.

X-Man is an Omega-level mutant genetically created by Mr. Sinister from the Age of Apocalypse timeline. He shares the same genetic history as Cable. Nate has since joined the New Mutants, started a relationship with Dani Moonstar, and gained further power from the Life Seed.

Where does he belong?

kimeraevet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kimeraevet

Recently the Fantastic Four have lost a key family member and are now adding heroes into their collective known as the Future Foundation.  Given that little Franklin Richards has just had the blocks to his power taken off, wouldn't it make sense for X-Man to join the team?  At least insofar as it makes sense for him to join ANY team.  Nate is this super powerful godlike character and there you have Franklin who is probably even more powerful.  I think it would make sense to have Nate there as a older brother type to Franklin and Valeria.  That or have him kick around the planet with Hope and Rachel Grey whenever she gets her goofy ass back to Earth.

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By The_Myth

I'd like to see him with a side x-team possibly leading his own.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By TheCrowbar

Cheers...or better yet X-Cheers.

NateGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NateGrey

I would like to see him as a member of the X-Men with his own team though. I also agree though that he'd made a good big brother type to the Richards kids. Seeing as him and Franklin got on quite well during Onslaught saga and when Nate went to the F4 for help for a time. Seeing him meet Hope and Rachel for the first time and hang out together would be awesome. I still think Hope and Nate could actually make a good couple honestly. There is no reason he couldn't be an X-Man and a member of Future Foundation. I mean how many teams are Wolverine and Spider-Man a part of. Also with my mention of Spider-Man, Nate and Peter should reunite. I always liked their friendship, like brothers almost.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Backflip

I'm up for him joining the X-Men personally. He is supposed to have his own arc in X-Men anyway, so we'll see.

NateGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NateGrey

It looks like Nate is returning in New Mutants along with Blink who has been AWOL just as long

http://www.thecomicbooknerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/MMXI-%E2%80%93-teaser.jpg

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Myth
    @NateGrey said:

"It looks like Nate is returning in New Mutants along with Blink who has been AWOL just as long   http://www.thecomicbooknerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/MMXI-%E2%80%93-teaser.jpg "

That looks awsome!!! 
    NateGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NateGrey

It soooooo does. Blink and Nate are gonna be the best team-up. Even if she is the main universe version.

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Myth

It looks as if  the New Mutants are on the attack at Nate and Blink,
    Since Blink and Nate are (re)appearing together and it is said that Blink blames the X-Men for leaving her and perpously never rescuing her it may make scenes on her part, 
    So perhaps Nate is in a simular point of mind after the conclusion of Dark X-Men, which may explain his We Are The X-Men promo from a few months ago about being 'torn apart by events of the precent' or something like that.
    AskaniSon295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AskaniSon295

I'd like to see him take on the role of New Cable maybe de-powering him a bit giving him soldier training heck maybe Hope could train him and Scott could be like a father to him.

NateGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NateGrey

I've honestly always like Nate as he is, very separate from Cable. He was never meant to be Cable. 

kimeraevet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kimeraevet
    @NateGrey said:
    " I've honestly always like Nate as he is, very separate from Cable. He was never meant to be Cable.  "
    Agreed. Nate was the mutant shaman, the wandering monk who healed and protected all with his mind. Nate actually fills the role of the Askani son more than Cable ever did. With Hope going around with her little magic fingers trick, Nate's spot in the Marvel U. is being co-opted by the newbie. I hope his upcoming reappearance has been worth the wait, Dark X-Men was pretty disappointing.
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Gawdzilla

I'd like to see X-Man take Hellion under his wing

but im pumped for his upcoming role in NM

Tommy_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tommy_X
    @Gawdzilla said:

"I'd like to see X-Man take Hellion under his wing   but im pumped for his upcoming role in NM "

I completely agree with that. IMHO Nate would be a good "older brother" for Hellion since they seem alike and he could help him learn more control over his TK. 
    I'm also anxious to see Nate  in NM.
    NateGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NateGrey
    @kimeraevet:  I'd actually like to see Nate and Hope join forces. They could be a real power couple. I mean ok she's his adopted niece but that's just it she is adopted. I mean say a new X-Men team led by X-Man and Hope with Blink, "the lights" and the New Mutants. They'd be a young team with real potential. Never happen quite like that but still.
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By karrob
    @Edamame said:
    " I would prefer to see X-Man permanently joining the X-Men. "
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @tommy_x:  Exactly!
    coolbeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By coolbeans

After reading New Mutants #25, it would be cool if he joins the team and maybe becomes their leader after they find him.  Another neat idea would be having him join up with Havok, Polaris, and Rachel when they come back from space.

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @coolbeans: Whats kinda interesting is a comment DnA made about the leadership of the X-Men.

"Back in "New Mutants" #10, Cyclops said he was searching for the next leader of the X-Men to take his place. Cannonball was a potential candidate, but after "Second Coming" and "Fall of the New Mutants," Cannonball's resolve as leader has noticeably crumbled. I know Nate Grey is set to come back soon; is it premature to assume that X-Man could be the next leader Cyclops is looking for?

It's not premature to speculate. There's Nate. There's Hope. Sam's still in the frame. And there's always Dani..."

Nate might be making a name for future leadership....i'm down

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.