What will Rachel Grey think of Nate Grey

Posted by Peregrine (165 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that Nate isn't dead and Rachel is finally returning to Earth..it seems likely that after all this time the two will finally meet. I know that Rachel had a strong bond with her brother Cable (does she know he's dead?), I'm wondering how she will react to having another brother? Rachel and Nate have a lot in common..they are both the children of Cyclops and Phoenix from harsh dsytopian timelines who managed to escape into the 616 reality, they both have a strong bond with their "mother" Phoenix, and they are both omega-level telepath/telekinetics who have both recently lost a lot of their power (heck they both even manifested phoenix force raptors and have glowing right eyes). I'm thinking Rachel will accept her brother Nate with open arms (after all the family she has lost she should be happy to have a new brother) and Nate will be  happy to have a sister. Plus it could make a cool comic "The Adventures of X-Man and Marvel Girl" lol

#1 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Rachel still has her powers, she just doesn't have the Phoenix Force anymore. I'd much rather see her mentoring Nate than Hope.

#2 Edited by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking Nate as a lot of awkward and unsettling encounters coming his way. I just read New Mutants #28 and Hope is assumed to not want anything to do with him, until very later in the issue. But I can't wait till Rachel and the others finally return, that'll be interesting indeed. But I'm like you, I think she'll be more accepting than anything...let's hope so at least.

#3 Edited by Squares (7703 posts) - - Show Bio

They may have already met.
@mistersarcastic said:

I'm thinking Nate as a lot of awkward and unsettling encounters coming his way. I just read New Mutants #28 and Hope is assumed to not want anything to do with him, until very later in the issue. But I can't wait till Rachel and the others finally return, that'll be interesting indeed. But I'm like you, I think she'll be more accepting than anything...let's hope so at least.
Hope isn't very much like Rachel. The latter has a bit of a thing about familial relations...
#4 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they should gather together Rachel, Hope, Nate, and Cable and then kill them all off to bring back Jean, and then kill her off again.

#5 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4769 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: Amen.

#6 Posted by Peregrine (165 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg: Boo lol
#7 Posted by X_Titans (144 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:
I think they should gather together Rachel, Hope, Nate, and Cable and then kill them all off to bring back Jean, and then kill her off again.
Cable's already dead.
#8 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@X_Titans said:
@fodigg said:
Cable's already dead.
I know. I was being facetious.
#9 Posted by mistersarcastic (324 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg said:
@X_Titans said:
@fodigg said:
Cable's already dead.
I know. I was being facetious.
In that case, if they're bringing Jean back as Phoenix then yeah, they can kill her right back off.
#10 Posted by The Myth (554 posts) - - Show Bio

I get the feeling that they have already met off panel!
#11 Posted by TheOlympian (111 posts) - - Show Bio

i apologize for my ignorance, but Nate and Rachel have never met??? How is this so???

#12 Posted by Peregrine (165 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheOlympian: Well when Nate arrived on on Earth 616, Rachel had already been lost in the time stream...then when Cable saved Rachel and brought her back, Nate had already died saving the world from aliens...and then when Nate got resurrected Rachel was lost in space with the Starjammers. They just kept missing each other lol

#13 Posted by XsPectre28 (734 posts) - - Show Bio

she has a special place in her heart for cable but nate is the little brother that cable should have been to her

#14 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2301 posts) - - Show Bio
@Peregrine said:

@TheOlympian: Well when Nate arrived on on Earth 616, Rachel had already been lost in the time stream...then when Cable saved Rachel and brought her back, Nate had already died saving the world from aliens...and then when Nate got resurrected Rachel was lost in space with the Starjammers. They just kept missing each other lol

As a comic book reader this makes sense and I don't think twice, but when I imagine telling a non-comic reader this O_O I can just imagine the looks I'd get lol
#15 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4853 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to know why these kids are never cool with their Dad Cyclops?

(+)

#16 Posted by anjuwayo (39 posts) - - Show Bio

They should realy do a summers family reunion... With Christopher being alive with new girl Hebzibah... New scott... Rachel and Nate need to meet... Deathbird needs to wake up... Tyler and Stryfe should be revealed living a normal life in alaska... Mother Askani and Revenant should be reveald as slaves of Shadow King in Shadow Realm... Madelyne Pryor's ashes should be at Scott's grandparents house and she wants to use it to reanimate her body...

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.