What exactly happened to him?

#1 Posted by darkwolverineUSMC (315 posts) - - Show Bio

I know he was involved in the Dark X-men story line, possesed Norman, all that good stuff. But recently I've seen him in some Curse of the Mutants advertisements and was wondering, is he still around, or whatever, just curious.

#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

He, Elektra, Spider-Man... They've yet to appear in Curse of the Mutants but were all part of the promos.  I'm sure they'll turn up soon.

#3 Posted by darkwolverineUSMC (315 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:
Thanks. Cause I know he was put into the Omega Chair and all that jazz. But he is one of the strongest Telepaths in the mutant community. I just figured it take more than a silly chair to do him in.
#4 Posted by artist77 (3 posts) - - Show Bio

he was highlighted in the advertisements for the new X-Men books, but he hasn't made an appearance yet.  I'm looking forward to a hopefully grand entrance.

#5 Posted by Vermillo (55 posts) - - Show Bio

I just hope they don't just use him as a plot device like they did in Dark X-Men. But since Cable is gone I guess they have to use him now. I just hope they don't introduce him then kill him off again.  I mean this is marvel now. They quick the kill off powerful characters just for a plot device.

#6 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder what Hope's reaction would be to him if they met now that Cable's gone. That's worth a one shot at least I think.

#7 Posted by Gawdzilla (376 posts) - - Show Bio

According to a recent X-Editors interview, Nate should be showing up in "X-Men" some time next year. The next arc  is called "Serve and Protect" and its the X-Folks teaming up with Spidey. Which now that i think about would be a good time for Nate to show up since he and Pete are BFFs.

#8 Posted by Alfiebo (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Im just wondering how someone with psionic powers equivalant to Pheonix got ''Killed''.

#9 Posted by NateGrey (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alfiebo he was technically never killed in the first place. He dispersed his energies/lifeforce into every living thing on the planet to stop an alien Harvester from feeding off the life force of humanity. Nate Grey was tainted because of his alternate reality origins thus by using his energy and the Harvester's energy he was able to save all life on Earth from certain death. The reason he couldn't just kill the Harvester was because he was tapped into everything on the planet and if Nate hurt him, he hurt everyone. 

Frankly it was a seriously lame plot device to put Nate into a seemingly impossible situation so they could kill him off because they found it too hard to write for a character with such incredible power and vast potential.

#10 Posted by NateGrey (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I think they better bring him back in soon. I mean I've been reading this X-Men vs Vampires crap for no other reason than the promos led us to believe he would be involved at some point. Frankly I stopped enjoying the Curse of the Mutants storyline after the 2nd issue, it definitely met my expectations and is clearly just a way to cash in on the vampire obsession in pop culture today.

#11 Posted by jimmyziogas (88 posts) - - Show Bio

I think that his life is a direct relation to Cable's death.  Cable has also been depwowered gradually since the Silver Surfer incident when he was holding the city afloat while fighting off a herald of Galactus (probably pretty exhausting, even for a badass like Nate.)  Just an observation, but maybe only one omega level mutant can mantain that power set and genetic makeup per timeline.  Maybe even one one omega level telepath/telekinetic like cable-x-man can occupy the same DNA and powers in entire scope of all timelines, seeing that omega's can travel through time, as we've seen in AOA to earth 616 before.

#12 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio
@jimmyziogas:   Cable isn't an Omega.
#13 Posted by Askani'Son (25 posts) - - Show Bio

at the end of utopia, when the real x-men freed all those prisoners from HAMMER - including professor x and the real beast - did they not dismantle the omega machine? how is it that they failed to rescue - or at least notice - nate grey?

#14 Posted by NateGrey (33 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a good point and it's seriously annoying that the writers are waiting so long to sort it all out. I think it's their goal in life to piss off loyal and die hard fans.

#15 Posted by hulk_beyond (89 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking that Nate might've been absorbed by Omega through the Omega Machine. In Dark X-Men 1 they mention the psyches of the mutants Omega absorbed all in his head. Nate seems like the one mutant who could take advantage of that and free himself from Omega and release all the other personalities within him.

#16 Posted by Vermillo (55 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm...I think that they just using Nate Grey as a plot device or a gimmick just to pull loyal readers back into X-MEN comics. While I read Dark X-Men I felt that it was rush as well as they really didn't any solid footing. I was more like here put these characters together and let just put a powerful mutant for them to fight. While I like how he return I didn't like how the writers place him in it. In my mind there was no way Norman could bet him unless the writers wanted it. Nate power was seriously down played.  

#17 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be used eventually. People thought that the promos to the X-Men comic meant that the people who appeared [She-Hulk, Blade, Spider-Man, etc.] were going to become X-Men, but evidently they were just going to appear in separate arcs. The arc where Spider-Man appears just started, so Nate may appear down the line somewhere, but don't hold your breath for sometime soon seeing as how there's quite a few people lined up to appear.

#18 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder why all the Summer children are gone now. Rachel's in space, Nate is in prison and Cable's dead. What are the writers doing?
#19 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio
@davidkenneth said:
"I wonder why all the Summer children are gone now. Rachel's in space, Nate is in prison and Cable's dead. What are the writers doing? "

Trying to undo/ignore the 90's? 

As much as I enjoy all of those characters, the Summers kids are probably the most convoluted mess of a family in comics. I can't really blame the writers for putting them all on the shelf for a bit lol. 
Try explaining who each of those characters is to one of your uninitiated friends...you will lose that friend. Literally, they won't be your friend any more after listening to you regurgitate that kind of nonsense.
#20 Posted by davidkenneth (443 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bobby X:
That's why none of my friends know I read comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.