Follow

X-Man

Character » X-Man appears in 816 issues.

X-Man is an Omega-level mutant genetically created by Mr. Sinister from the Age of Apocalypse timeline. He shares the same genetic history as Cable. Nate has since joined the New Mutants, started a relationship with Dani Moonstar, and gained further power from the Life Seed.

Is the fact that Nate is back actually a bad thing?

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By The_Myth

The fact that Nate Grey has returned may actually have been a mistake on his behalf. 
    Don't get me wrong Nate Grey IS my favorite character and I am stoked to see him back on the scene. 
    But I was just thinking of the reason why he had sacrificed himself in the first place. 

When the Harvester had come to Earth his intesions were to convert the planet's life-force into energy to be eaten by his race. So to prevent this from happening Nate converted himself along with Harvester into Energy inorder to 'contaminate' Earth's energy thus saving it. But the fact that Nate has returned to being a phisical being thus removing his energy from the Earth's does this meen that the Harvester or at least one of his race could return in order to finish the job?

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheCrowbar

Is he completely back? If anything two things could be assumed: 
    1.) Some of his energy in the Earth making him weaker now.
    2.) It's a storyline for a future date.

Green Skin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Green Skin

Only if they want to revisit that storyline.  Most likely we'll never hear about the Harvester or his race ever again.

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Myth
    @TheCrowbar:
    I don't think Nate left any energy behind, in Dark X-Men he actually seemed more powerful than before... until the end that is!!!
    doomsilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By doomsilver

where is he at now?
    The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The_Myth
    @doomsilver:
    At the end of Dark X-Men Nate was being wheeled off to be placed in Dark Beast's omega machine to be used as 'coal' and by the look of a teaser image of New Mutants #26 it appears that is where he still is. 
    Harvester's where about's is unknown though it could be asumed he is still energy.
    NateGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By NateGrey

Well Nate used both his and the Harvester's energies to taint all life on Earth. So he could have left taint behind with the Harvester's life force, since it's unlikely they can feed off their own energies. Chances are though, that whole Harvester story is over and done with. It was a plot device used to get rid of Nate because he was too powerful and the writer's had difficulty writing for him.

ArtJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By ArtJoker

I'm just happy he's gonna be back kicking ass and taking names.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By jrock85

I'm glad he's back because I love the character, but I have no faith in the current editorial staff to do him any justice. They say that he'll be joining a team, probably the New Mutants; I don't like this idea because Nate is powerful enough to get things done on his own so why would he need to be apart of a team? My guess is editorial is going to water him down.

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Myth
    @jrock85 said:
    " They say that he'll be joining a team, probably the New Mutants; I don't like this idea because Nate is powerful enough to get things done on his own so why would he need to be apart of a team? My guess is editorial is going to water him down. "

If you read the Dark X-Men mini series and seen how Nate got cheated - I mean beaten - he may realise that sometimes it would pay to have some backup.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Myth said:
    " @jrock85 said:
    " They say that he'll be joining a team, probably the New Mutants; I don't like this idea because Nate is powerful enough to get things done on his own so why would he need to be apart of a team? My guess is editorial is going to water him down. "

If you read the Dark X-Men mini series and seen how Nate got cheated - I mean beaten - he may realise that sometimes it would pay to have some backup.

"
    That was mostly just PIS though. Nate is supposed to be Phoenix-level in power, but he gets dropped by those B-Graders? Weak.
    The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Myth
    @FadeToBlackBolt:
    Damn straight, hence why I consider the ending of Dark X-Men bad writing.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By PowerHerc

Nate being back is a god thing.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By John Valentine

No.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jrock85
    @The Myth:
    I'd like to see his reaction to the Cyclops/Emma relationship, considering that he didn't think very highly of Emma.
    Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
    U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure how exactly it works but maybe enough people have died since he distributed his essence that he was able to collect himself into a physical form.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jrock85

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.