A thought...

#1 Posted by JediXMan (27903 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if this belongs in the Sentry board or the X-Man board, so I put it here.

In Dark X-Men, X-Man remembers their teamup, which took place before Sentry wiped the world's memory of him. 

Now, I know X-Man was gone, so it's possible he was unaffected. But now wait: he wasn't gone. A piece of him was in every person on Earth. So he should have been affected by the wipe. Is it possible that this simply means X-Man was stronger?

Just a thought.

#2 Posted by The Myth (544 posts) - - Show Bio

Norman Osborn stated that Nate Grey could go toe-to-toe with the Sentry, I assume he ment that Nate would use his telekinisis to amplafy his strength. But when it comes to Telepathy nobody has the rore power to best Nate, I mean he pulled Charles Xavier out of the Astral Plain. And Moira MacTaggert said that Nate's power levels matched that of Jean Grey's when she was empowered by the Pheonix Force, implying that Nate has greater potential then his mom.

Nate Grey is an adolescent who is unprepared physically, mentally and emotionally to contain such devastating power. A power, if corrupted, that could consume him utterly, as well as all around him.

--Dr. Moira MacTaggert.

#3 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Myth:  So what would happen if the Phoenix Force were to empower Nate? Would be get the god of telepathy?
#4 Posted by rightprice (331 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say Nate Gray never had his memories of Sentry erased because he was dead or non-corporeal at the time.  This was probably just a special circumstances exception, there are always a few of those.  It's like the Hulk never forgetting the Sentry either.  Why not?  Unless there is an on pannel explanation somewhere for why I'd guess it might have been because he was in Bruce Banner form when everyones memories were erased (assuming he was in Banner form), and that Banner did forget Sentry while Hulk didn't.  Maybe Nate Gray would have been too powerful a telepath for Sentry to erase his memories, who knows, but I doubt that that will be the reason given for it by whatever writer who eventually decides to give a reason for it.     

#5 Posted by The Myth (544 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel: 

Not sure, Nate would definitely get a major power boost that’s for sure. But I would say the universe would be screwed if he was to be corrupted by the Dark Phoenix.    
#6 Posted by NateGrey (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Nate Grey has the power to tap into the astral plane drawing from it raw limitless power. He was stated to be at a level matching that of the Dark Phoenix at an early age. This was before merging with the alternate Nate and gaining a genetic brand to stabilize him, as well as from what I can tell the added knowledge and power of the other Nate on top of his own. Then take into consideration his new increase in power and abilities. He could already bend the walls of reality and walk across the spiral of realities like it was nothing. Now he's transcended the physical, able to become pure psionic energy at will. Then there is the massive increase in power, skill and control of his precognitive powers. The only thing Nate is short on is reality warping abilities to really make him a god among gods. At this point it would seem gaining the powers of the Phoenix Force would be just a tad overkill and unnecessary. But would probably elevate him to a cosmic level beyond comprehension.

#7 Posted by karrob (4267 posts) - - Show Bio
@NateGrey said:
" Nate Grey has the power to tap into the astral plane drawing from it raw limitless power. He was stated to be at a level matching that of the Dark Phoenix at an early age. This was before merging with the alternate Nate and gaining a genetic brand to stabilize him, as well as from what I can tell the added knowledge and power of the other Nate on top of his own. Then take into consideration his new increase in power and abilities. He could already bend the walls of reality and walk across the spiral of realities like it was nothing. Now he's transcended the physical, able to become pure psionic energy at will. Then there is the massive increase in power, skill and control of his precognitive powers. The only thing Nate is short on is reality warping abilities to really make him a god among gods. At this point it would seem gaining the powers of the Phoenix Force would be just a tad overkill and unnecessary. But would probably elevate him to a cosmic level beyond comprehension. "
Well said

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.