Who is the most powerful mutant in Marvel?

#1 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

scarlet witch or darwin

#3 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
The Most powerful living mutants are

Vulcan and Darwin.Cable is depowered,Wanda is depowered,and I would put Iceman on their level.
#4 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm still convinced wanda's a skrull

#5 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Lady Tlieso said:
"i'm still convinced wanda's a skrull"
Why?
#6 Posted by Lady Tlieso (10198 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Lady Tlieso said:
Why?"
because having so many mutants depowered makes their takeover easier, there;s less resistance.
#7 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely Darwin.

#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Lady Tlieso said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lady Tlieso said:
Why?"
because having so many mutants depowered makes their takeover easier, there;s less resistance."
There is no way the skrulls could have duplicated that type of power.
#9 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Hector said:
"Definitely Darwin."
I'm pretty sure Vulcan could easily take him out.
#10 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he could. Darwin survived diving into the Makran crystal, and held his own against the hulk. His body could adapt to deal with Vulcan's energy blasts. and besides that, Darwin is the only person left alive that vulcan once called a friend. I question if he would be ABLE look away from that.

#11 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Vulcan!

#12 Posted by Midnight Devil (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Darwin, Vulcan, Scarlet Witch, or Iceman

#13 Edited by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Franklin Richards one of the most powerful mutants?

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-You said:
"Isn't Franklin Richards one of the most powerful mutants?"
He's de-powered.
#15 Posted by One-Above-You (1907 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"One-Above-You said:
He's de-powered."
When he was powered, was he one of the most powerful?
#16 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
One-Above-You said:
"Vance Astro said:
"One-Above-You said:
He's de-powered."
When he was powered, was he one of the most powerful?"
I think he was THE most powerful.
#17 Posted by Midnight Devil (121 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Synch had could have been the most powerful mutant of all time. Too bad they had to kill him off.

#18 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio

Why Wanda?
The other reality manipulators easily outclasses her.
I would say that Mad Jim Jaspers is the most powerful since can manipulate reality without limits, unlike Wanda or Franklin.

#19 Edited by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Why Wanda?
The other reality manipulators easily outclasses her.
I would say that Mad Jim Jaspers is the most powerful since can manipulate reality without limits, unlike Wanda or Franklin."
Is Jaspers still alive? I never said Wanda or Franklin because they are both de-powered.
#20 Posted by danhimself (22696 posts) - - Show Bio
Ferro Vida said:
"I don't think he could. Darwin survived diving into the Makran crystal, and held his own against the hulk. His body could adapt to deal with Vulcan's energy blasts. and besides that, Darwin is the only person left alive that vulcan once called a friend. I question if he would be ABLE look away from that."

diving into the m'kran crystal means nothing bishop has done and so has magik
#21 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio

He was brought back in House of M, and appeared in the extremely awful X-Men: Die by the Sword mini.

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"He was brought back in House of M, and appeared in the extremely awful X-Men: Die by the Sword mini.
"
Oh so he's still out there somewhere?
#23 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"fesak said:
"He was brought back in House of M, and appeared in the extremely awful X-Men: Die by the Sword mini.
"
Oh so he's still out there somewhere?"

Honestly i don't really know when i think about it.
That mini was so bad it's hard to make out what happens, but i think he either shapeshifts or merges with the Fury, then either disappears off-panel or explode/teleports away.
#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Vance Astro said:
"fesak said:
"
Oh so he's still out there somewhere?"

Honestly i don't really know when i think about it.
That mini was so bad it's hard to make out what happens, but i think he either shapeshifts or merges with the Fury, then either disappears off-panel or explode/teleports away.
"
Wow.lol ok.
#25 Posted by *Lady Mastermind* (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Mastermind or Storm! XD

#26 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio

Iceman, X-Man, Franklin Richards, Magneto, Vulcan, Professor X, Dark Phoenix, all are pretty good powerwise.

#27 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"Iceman, X-Man, Franklin Richards, Magneto, Vulcan, Professor X, Dark Phoenix, all are pretty good powerwise."

Dark Phoenix is a cosmic entity, not a mutant.
#28 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

Franklin is depowered and X-man is Cable and he's depowered.

#29 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't X-Man merge with the earth or something at the end of his series?

#30 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Horrible retcon notwithstanding, The Beyonder is far and away the most powerful mutant, IMO. Jim Jaspers a close second.

#31 Posted by Meteorite (3351 posts) - - Show Bio
fesak said:
"Meteorite said:
"Iceman, X-Man, Franklin Richards, Magneto, Vulcan, Professor X, Dark Phoenix, all are pretty good powerwise."

Dark Phoenix is a cosmic entity, not a mutant."
Close enough to one
#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"  Horrible retcon notwithstanding, The Beyonder is far and away the most powerful mutant, IMO. Jim Jaspers a close second."
The Beyonder wasn't born a mutant though right? I thought exposure to the Terrigan Mist makes you an Inhuman?
#33 Edited by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"The Beyonder wasn't born a mutant though right? I thought exposure to the Terrigan Mist makes you an Inhuman?"
"The Terrigen Mists, mixed with your specific and unique mutant gene, created you." -Xavier

Pretty convoluted, so take it as you will. Even if he wasn't born a mutant, he became one (like Polaris).
#34 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Polaris WAS born a mutant.

#35 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Ferro Vida said:
"I thought Polaris WAS born a mutant."
I'm pretty sure she was as well.
#36 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio
danhimself said:
"Ferro Vida said:
"I don't think he could. Darwin survived diving into the Makran crystal, and held his own against the hulk. His body could adapt to deal with Vulcan's energy blasts. and besides that, Darwin is the only person left alive that vulcan once called a friend. I question if he would be ABLE look away from that."

diving into the m'kran crystal means nothing bishop has done and so has magik"
They only surivived that because Magik has been trained to deal with that type of energy and Bishop absorbed the energy while he was in it. He couldn't contain that power for long though. And when I say into the crystal, I mean the actual core. All of the X-men have been inside the crystal itself.
#37 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio
Meteorite said:
"fesak said:
"Meteorite said:

Dark Phoenix is a cosmic entity, not a mutant."
Close enough to one"

Not even close to being the same. I don't get how you can think so.

Korg
said:
"  Horrible retcon notwithstanding, The Beyonder is far and away the most powerful mutant, IMO. Jim Jaspers a close second."

Ah, yes i forgot about that. We have a winner.

Also, you're either born a mutant, or you're not. You can never become one.
#38 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

... Jean Grey = Mutant

Jean Grey Incorperated by Phoenix = not jean grey = non mutite

#39 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Polaris went through puberty without her X-Gene being triggered. Mesmero triggered it for her. I think the Mists did the same for the Beyonder. The X-Gene can remain dormant, as revealed in X-Treme X-Men with Slipstream. If Sage hadn't triggered his, he would not have become a mutant/had his powers. Thus he "became" a mutant, when otherwise he would have been a "passive carrier" of sorts.

#40 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Does Thanos count?

#41 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, but The Beyonder is way past him power-wise.

#42 Posted by Mer-Man (3360 posts) - - Show Bio

Was Franklin Richards born with the X-Gene or was he born with powers because of his parents?

#43 Edited by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
Mer-Man said:
"Was Franklin Richards born with the X-Gene or was he born with powers because of his parents?"
Both. Beast once explained to Spider-Man that because he is a mutate he increased the chance for his child to carry the X-Gene by like 80% or something.
#44 Posted by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
"Polaris went through puberty without her X-Gene being triggered. Mesmero triggered it for her. I think the Mists did the same for the Beyonder. The X-Gene can remain dormant, as revealed in X-Treme X-Men with Slipstream. If Sage hadn't triggered his, he would not have become a mutant/had his powers. Thus he "became" a mutant, when otherwise he would have been a "passive carrier" of sorts."

I see what you mean, but technically if you're born with the x-gene you're a mutant whether your powers ever manifest or not.
You're still genetically different from a human.
#45 Posted by Vlad Tepes Dracula (2208 posts) - - Show Bio

Natalie X

caption
#46 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless of course your X-gene was removed somehow... But yes, X-Gene positive is technically different than baseline human.

#47 Posted by danhimself (22696 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"Does Thanos count?"

i say no...he's half skrull half kree...i think it's kree maybe something else
#48 Posted by Korg (11931 posts) - - Show Bio

danhimself said:

"i say no...he's half skrull half kree...i think it's kree maybe something else"
He is an Eternal who more closely resembles a Deviant. He is neither Skrull nor Kree. He is also, however, a mutant (which is why he looks like a Deviant).
@Vlad: You really think Natalie X trumps the Beyonder? Or even Thanos?
#49 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#50 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio
Korg said:
danhimself said:
"i say no...he's half skrull half kree...i think it's kree maybe something else"
He is an Eternal who more closely resembles a Deviant. He is neither Skrull nor Kree. He is also, however, a mutant (which is why he looks like a Deviant).
@Vlad: You really think Natalie X trumps the Beyonder? Or even Thanos?
"
Mutant or Mutite?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.