Follow

X-Gene Mutant

Concept » X-Gene Mutant appears in 4011 issues.

The Children of the Atom, mutants are individuals in the Marvel Universe who are born with an X-Gene that grants them superhuman abilities. Mutants mark the next step in human evolution, known as Homo Superior.

What the heck? About this list....

• 147 results
    Atomic Shifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Atomic Shifter

Akira Overdrive says:

"Sync should automatically be an Omega."

yeah I know, unfortunately he was killed before it could be confirmed

Cannon Fodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Cannon Fodder

Apparition says:

maybe but i dont see that same level of power being shown by these other so called omegas."

I beleive Jean Grey as White Phoenix Of the Crown got to that point, and as I said to fullest potential. This could possibly take millions of years to mature an omega level to an actual point of pseudo-existence, probably beyond any mutant's lifetime.

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Copy

Akira Overdrive says:

"Shaper says:
    "http://www.comicvine.com/delta-level-mutants/47884/"
    Why is Prodigy and Sage on that list?"

Don't know. I just posted the page.

The Colossus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By The Colossus

Apparition says:

"Cannon Fodder says:
    "Apparition says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "Gambler says:
    "You know, I've only seen one written example of someone being confirmed as Omega and that was Iceman. Not saying there aren't others, but if someone had knowledge of where I could see other examples I'd be greatful."
    Mr. M is in the X-Men: The 198 series"
    oh yeah and I remember Vulcan was referred to as being beyond Omega...though it has been said this was a mistake as Omega is already unlimited potential"
    and what exactly does unlimited potential mean? complete control over their own powers? able to do anything they want? its all a little vague to me."
    I thought it was a point where the control became something intangible and made them immortal, for example, Iceman could originally manipulate watre int he form of ice right? So IF he were to manifest his full potential, he would have unlimited control over heat in the sense of taking away heat. He could possibly exist as some sort of absolute zero "space" in the universe, eventually unneeding of a body but becoming his power. Thats what I thought anyway."

maybe but i dont see that same level of power being shown by these other so called omegas."

but Iceman hasn't shown as much power as the majority of the list, Omega-level is a thing based on your potential, which is unlimited

so if your potential is unlimited you can be as weak as Toad or something but the point is their is no limit to how powerful you CAN become

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Apparition

Cannon Fodder says:

"Apparition says:
    I beleive Jean Grey as White Phoenix Of the Crown got to that point, and as I said to fullest potential. This could possibly take millions of years to mature an omega level to an actual point of pseudo-existence, probably beyond any mutant's lifetime. "

i would have thought that was her using the phoenix instead of displaying her own power. but we can add her. her, vulcan and iceman but makes the others like them? is it simply that they are unkillable and that's what makes them omega level? i dont know, i havent seen a good definition for omega level yet. i mean mister immortal being considered one is weird because he isnt powerful, you just cant kill him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a867073cc016
    deactivated-5a867073cc016

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Copy says:

"The Colossus says:
    "Apparition says:
    "Cannon Fodder says:
    "Apparition says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "Gambler says:
    "You know, I've only seen one written example of someone being confirmed as Omega and that was Iceman. Not saying there aren't others, but if someone had knowledge of where I could see other examples I'd be greatful."
    oh yeah and I remember Vulcan was referred to as being beyond Omega...though it has been said this was a mistake as Omega is already unlimited potential"
    and what exactly does unlimited potential mean? complete control over their own powers? able to do anything they want? its all a little vague to me."
    I thought it was a point where the control became something intangible and made them immortal, for example, Iceman could originally manipulate watre int he form of ice right? So IF he were to manifest his full potential, he would have unlimited control over heat in the sense of taking away heat. He could possibly exist as some sort of absolute zero "space" in the universe, eventually unneeding of a body but becoming his power. Thats what I thought anyway."
    but Iceman hasn't shown as much power as the majority of the list, Omega-level is a thing based on your potential, which is unlimited so if your potential is unlimited you can be as weak as Toad or something but the point is their is no limit to how powerful you CAN become"

When Iceman was controlled by Emma Frost she went past the limits he thought he had. And in AOA, Iceman was able to become liquid and travel through the ocean and be like at Australia in 2 minutes. (At least this is what I heard)"

yet that is nowhere near the feats Jean Grey, Mad Jim Jaspers, Vulcan, Franklin Richards, New Son, X-Man, etc. have performed

Copy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By Copy

The Colossus says:

"Apparition says:
    "Cannon Fodder says:
    "Apparition says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "Gambler says:
    but Iceman hasn't shown as much power as the majority of the list, Omega-level is a thing based on your potential, which is unlimited so if your potential is unlimited you can be as weak as Toad or something but the point is their is no limit to how powerful you CAN become"

When Iceman was controlled by Emma Frost she went past the limits he thought he had. And in AOA, Iceman was able to become liquid and travel through the ocean and be like at Australia in 2 minutes. (At least this is what I heard)

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Apparition

The Colossus says:

"Apparition says:
    "Cannon Fodder says:
    "Apparition says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "Gambler says:

yeah but who's saying they're omega level? looking at toad, it doesnt look like his powers lend to him becoming any more powerful but who could know? who knew that ice man could do all the things he could do just by looking at what he could do before?

The 10,000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By The 10,000

Apparition says:

"Cannon Fodder says:
    "Apparition says:
    I beleive Jean Grey as White Phoenix Of the Crown got to that point, and as I said to fullest potential. This could possibly take millions of years to mature an omega level to an actual point of pseudo-existence, probably beyond any mutant's lifetime. "

i would have thought that was her using the phoenix instead of displaying her own power. but we can add her. her, vulcan and iceman but makes the others like them? is it simply that they are unkillable and that's what makes them omega level? i dont know, i havent seen a good definition for omega level yet. i mean mister immortal being considered one is weird because he isnt powerful, you just cant kill him."

why does no one read the page, I thought I made it clear

he is not Omega-level because he's not even Homo Superior

he's Homo Supreme, he is listed because he is still a mutant but an evolutionary step above Homo Superior and Omega-level is considered the last step in evolution

The 10,000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By The 10,000

Apparition says:

"The Colossus says:
    "Apparition says:
    "Cannon Fodder says:
    "Apparition says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "Gambler says:

yeah but who's saying they're omega level? looking at toad, it doesnt look like his powers lend to him becoming any more powerful but who could know? who knew that ice man could do all the things he could do just by looking at what he could do before?"

it says in comics, either directly or indirectly

Cannon Fodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Cannon Fodder

Sadly the Omega-level mutant is decided by editors and writers so no matter when they say a mutant is omega, we will likely never see the full manifestation of power on an infinite scale.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Apparition

The 10,000 says:

"Apparition says:
    "The Colossus says:
    "Apparition says:
    "Cannon Fodder says:
    "Apparition says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "Gambler says:
    yeah but who's saying they're omega level? looking at toad, it doesnt look like his powers lend to him becoming any more powerful but who could know? who knew that ice man could do all the things he could do just by looking at what he could do before?"
    it says in comics, either directly or indirectly"

lol yeah i know...

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Apparition

Cannon Fodder says:

"Sadly the Omega-level mutant is decided by editors and writers so no matter when they say a mutant is omega, we will likely never see the full manifestation of power on an infinite scale."

probably not.

Cannon Fodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Cannon Fodder

Apparition says:

"Cannon Fodder says:
    "Sadly the Omega-level mutant is decided by editors and writers so no matter when they say a mutant is omega, we will likely never see the full manifestation of power on an infinite scale."

probably not."

It would be troublesome to understand, any handful of beings running around existing as fundamental forces in the universe, probably rivaling cosmic beings. It would definitely muck things up for any other characters in a universe.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Apparition

Cannon Fodder says:

"Apparition says:
    "Cannon Fodder says:
    probably not."
    It would be troublesome to understand, any handful of beings running around existing as fundamental forces in the universe, probably rivaling cosmic beings. It would definitely muck things up for any other characters in a universe."

which is exactly why i think its a dumb idea. if at some point all mutants are supposed to evolve to that level, that's just ludicrous. even a handful of them is too much.

Avatar image for allan_quatermain
    Allan Quatermain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Allan Quatermain

Apparition says:

"Cannon Fodder says:
    "Apparition says:
    "Cannon Fodder says:
    probably not."
    It would be troublesome to understand, any handful of beings running around existing as fundamental forces in the universe, probably rivaling cosmic beings. It would definitely muck things up for any other characters in a universe."

which is exactly why i think its a dumb idea. if at some point all mutants are supposed to evolve to that level, that's just ludicrous. even a handful of them is too much."

that's what many fans think...but it should be expected, why would mutants evolve unless they were going to evolve all the way

Cannon Fodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Cannon Fodder

Apparition says:

"Cannon Fodder says:
    "Apparition says:
    "Cannon Fodder says:
    probably not."

which is exactly why i think its a dumb idea. if at some point all mutants are supposed to evolve to that level, that's just ludicrous. even a handful of them is too much."

It makes sense that st some point since they are only limited by imagination will form some sort of psionic conglomerate, becoming one with each other losing all sense of humanity. or eventually killing each other. it goes either way with enough time. Along with the fact that in time, few mutants will be able to comprehend "evolvign" beyond a organic form, likely subconsciously allowing themselves to die.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#68  Edited By Pania

aztek_the_lost says:

Professor X is not because his powers have limits...he's one of the weakest telepaths who have any prominence in the Marvel U

Errr. No. While he is not Omega, Professor X is the strongest telepath in the M.U. besides Phoenix. The guy once harnessed the mental pattern of the entire planet to drive off an alien force.

Post Edited:2008-02-24 05:31:14

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69  Edited By fesak  Moderator

I'd say this list along with the other lists for alpha, beta, gamma- level mutants is totally obsolete.

This list is mostly speculation, there are only a few confirmed Omegas, while the other lists seems fan-made.

Also the term Omega-Level mutant doesn't really mean anything, and is just pointless. It has no significance on storytelling whatsoever, and is just a way of saying "OMG this guy is totally awsum!!1" without further explanation as to what this really means. The only thing it's for is so fanboys can make up lists like this.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Pania

fesak says:

"Also the term Omega-Level mutant doesn't really mean anything, and is just pointless. It has no significance on storytelling whatsoever, and is just a way of saying "OMG this guy is totally awsum!!1" without further explanation as to what this really means. The only thing it's for is so fanboys can make up lists like this."

Agreed. There isn't even an official list of requirements for what qualifies a character as an Omega, Alpha, Beta, Delta, etc.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By WARLOCK2792

If it is not stated straight up in a 616 comic, that they are either Omega, or potentially Omega, then they shouldn't be included. They go on the Alpha list.

weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By weaponxx

Can't Charels control or minipulate marvel girl, x-man,....? And it makes sence that they never really show a lot of "omega levels" full potential, because it would get boring because they are too powerful. I like the idea, I just am not in a rush for everyone to evolve to omega.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By WARLOCK2792

weaponx says:

"Can't Charels control or minipulate marvel girl, x-man,....? And it makes sence that they never really show a lot of "omega levels" full potential, because it would get boring because they are too powerful. I like the idea, I just am not in a rush for everyone to evolve to omega."
    They shouldn't. Just like there are sub-categories for different races, there are sub-categories for mutants. If they have a certain class, it's merely describing their level of power. It's not even talking about what they actually have done. It's just a description. Nothing more.
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Pania

aztek_the_lost says:

Jean Grey, Stepford Cuckoos, Marvel Girl, X-Man, all have more potential than Charles"

Jean Grey and Marvel Girl only do because of the Phoenix. The Stepford Cuckoo's only did as The Five in One, they do not as individuals and they no longer do as a group since they are down to three. X-Man (who also was touched by the Phoenix force) is dead.

One of the common misunderstanding is that Omega is about raw power, which it is not or Elixir would not make the list. Charles is not Omega, but he is the Earth's most powerful telepath.

Post Edited:2008-02-24 14:38:34

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Pania

White Mage says:

They shouldn't. Just like there are sub-categories for different races, there are sub-categories for mutants. If they have a certain class, it's merely describing their level of power. It's not even talking about what they actually have done. It's just a description. Nothing more."

No, Omega level does not describe the level of power, or Magneto would be an Omega Level mutant and Elixir would not.

The best definition the fans can come up with is that Omega levels have the ability to manipulate matter on a sub atomic scale, can wield this power without damage to their selves and without assistance, and have transcended their physical form either ona regular basis or have done so completely.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Pania says:

"White Mage says:
    They shouldn't. Just like there are sub-categories for different races, there are sub-categories for mutants. If they have a certain class, it's merely describing their level of power. It's not even talking about what they actually have done. It's just a description. Nothing more. "
    No, Omega level does not describe the level of power, or Magneto would be an Omega Level mutant and Elixir would not. The best definition the fans can come up with is that Omega levels have the ability to manipulate matter on a sub atomic scale, can wield this power without damage to their selves and without assistance, and have transcended their physical form either ona regular basis or have done so completely. "
    Well, it's one of a few definitions of Omega. But, powers without any upper limits also seems to play a factor with several of them. Besides, there are several who just haven't been outted yet.
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By fesak  Moderator

aztek_the_lost says:

"does this mean everyone is still unsatisfied or what?"

Yes, i think the list should cover only the confirmed ones, not any speculations, what's the point in that?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#81  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

aztek_the_lost says:

"I have updated the list quite extensively...so that it appeases everyone"

You know you took off confirmed ones right?

Besides, you shouldn't be trying to appease anyone, just present the facts.

EDIT: I also don't think the "possible" omegas should be listed unless it's said in comics that they might be (like Chamber/Decibel). Fan speculation isn't enough.
    Post Edited:2008-02-24 15:24:44

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By fesak  Moderator

aztek_the_lost says:

"fesak says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:

Yes, i think the list should cover only the confirmed ones, not any speculations, what's the point in that?"

because it shows that just because there's only a few that have been confirmed Omega, Marvel has overpowered so many of their characters that many can possibly reach these levels as well (and perhaps one day will be confirmed)"

OK, then i speculate that Flatman is omega. Does he get on the list?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Well I'm editing the page now. Not sure what I'll do for the citations since book links don't seem to work like character links. I'll probably delete the other two lists.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Buckshot says:

"Well I'm editing the page now. Not sure what I'll do for the citations since book links don't seem to work like character links. I'll probably delete the other two lists."

Good.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

aztek_the_lost says:

"I don't see why everyone cares so much about this page...you all say its stupid and yet you care so much about what it says"

Some of us think the label itself is meaningless, but we're still trying to be a credible site for comic info so everything has to be legit. Sorry if you don't like that.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By fesak  Moderator

aztek_the_lost says:

"fesak says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "fesak says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:

Yes, i think the list should cover only the confirmed ones, not any speculations, what's the point in that?"

because it shows that just because there's only a few that have been confirmed Omega, Marvel has overpowered so many of their characters that many can possibly reach these levels as well (and perhaps one day will be confirmed)"

OK, then i speculate that Flatman is omega. Does he get on the list?"

you have to have reasons to back it up...most of those listed fit the characteristics of Omegas"

Why? There's no reason for the others, it's just speculation.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By fesak  Moderator

aztek_the_lost says:

"I don't see why everyone cares so much about this page...you all say its stupid and yet you care so much about what it says"

Because it's a list of speculation which makes this site look amateurish.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By zee crusher

Pyro really can't be considered he may be good with making fire constructs and such but thats nothing special. Klaw can make sonimals dr.light can make constructs as well. Although they aren't mutants the main this is that pyro is dependent on some tank on his back and hasn't really shown any good feats. Hes really just normal.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By zee crusher

By the way franklin was confirmed to be and omega.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By fesak  Moderator

aztek_the_lost says:

"fesak says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "fesak says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:
    "fesak says:
    "aztek_the_lost says:

OK, then i speculate that Flatman is omega. Does he get on the list?"

you have to have reasons to back it up...most of those listed fit the characteristics of Omegas"

Why? There's no reason for the others, it's just speculation."

yeah but you have to see the similarities in the Omegas and then you have to see others who share this...thus a list of those who should be Omega (like Synch) but haven't been confirmed (in his case because he died)"

Doesn't matter, it's still speculation. And i'm certain everyone have a different opinion on who 'should' be an omega.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Quentin and Rachel are the last ones I need to confirm. I've seen all the others (actually went and found them while doing the page) but I'm still looking for those two.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By zee crusher

Fanboys think hulk should be omega regular people know madjimjaspers should be omega level. He can destroy things anything almost if he wanted to. Franklin richards makes his own universe sorry pocket universe. Pyro makes a snake of fire. If all omegas where put in a ring Pyro would die first. I think it was said iceman could be omega level though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.